Những nàng công chúa Disney HAVE bạn EVER NOTICED? (random things about Disney princesses)

princesslullaby posted on Jun 17, 2009 at 05:37PM
Let's get things going!

That the first four princess villains were females, and the second four were males?

That the first four princess villains, all females, all had magical powers except for the second (tremaine), and the second four princess villains, all males, were on nonmagical except for the second? (jafar)

That all the princess' animal sidekicks are males?

That all the princess movies are mostly male dominated, and if there is a female character aside from the princess, they're either a villain or some sort of motherly, uptight character?

That all the princesses' fathers play much bigger roles in their films, even in the ones where the princesses have both parents.

That all of the princess movies were box-office successes?

That only half of the disney princesses are actual royalty?

That the first five princesses are white, and the second three (soon to be four) are not?

ANYWAY...CONTINUE ON!

ANYWAY..continue on.

Những nàng công chúa Disney 45 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua sandysilva said…
wink
Wow, you pretty much summed it all up. I think The Princess movies are mostly male dominate and if there are any other women in the movie they are considered "evil" because we want to concentrate on the Princess themselves.
hơn một năm qua chameron4eva said…
I noticed that other than Aladdin and Snow White's prince, the other princes didn't have their own solo song.

Cause I don't remember the Beast having his own song.
hơn một năm qua courtney7488 said…
Those are some pretty interesting facts!

In light of what chameron4eva said in the post above: Belle and Jasmine are the only princesses who do not have their own solo song (at least, in their original films).
hơn một năm qua princesslullaby said…
Belle does, actually- Belle Reprise

Jasmine does NOT have her own solo song, you're right. Jasmine is also the only princess who is not the main character of her movie.
surprise
Thanks for pointing that out- I can't believe I forgot about that reprise!
hơn một năm qua disney_prince said…
Snow White never directly talks to her Prince.

Aladdin and Jasmine look dangerously related.

Why did the 3 good fairies wait in hideing for 16 years and decide to go to the castle the LAST night that Maleficent can get Aurora, why didn't they stay at home protecting her without drawing attention to themselves and then go to the castle on the following day??
last edited hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua disney_prince said…
Oh and Jasmine was the only named female character in her film.
hơn một năm qua alafastanzio said…
None of the princesses have green eyes.

You only see two of the princesses at a wedding.

Only 2 of the princesses ever address their love interest by name.

Only 1 princess ever refers to herself as a princess.

3 (soon to be 5) of the princesses are from Brothers Grimm tales.

Only 1 princess story was written by a woman.

None of the princesses ever have any definition to their teeth.

All the princesses wear blue at some point.
hơn một năm qua becca85 said…
hmmm
Wow, alafastanzio!! I never really thought about some of those things before.
Ariel's very existence supports a pagan/greek mythology...but she gets married by a Catholic Bishop.
hơn một năm qua LisaForde said…
Yeah and most of the princesses' princes never sing and also some of them aren't even princes. Lets face the fact that John Smith& Aladdin aren't princes and they add Jasmine & Pocahuntas yet Jasmine is a princess. Another thing is that I think they should have added Giselle from Enchanted to the line up ,yeah she never married a prince but she has the right to choose whoever she wants . Yeah and about the box office thing all the old stuff were exciting and very well done. Disney should go back to do that stuff besides stupid 3D .The nicest Disney film I have seen in the 21st century was Enchanted yeah it may be daft enough at first but I tell ya its outstanding.Oh yeah and Alafastanzio has a point .
 Yeah and most of the princesses' princes never sing and also some of them aren't even princes. Lets f
hơn một năm qua bubbles4u22 said…
Cinderella's dress is known for being blue but it's actually more white?
Aladdin and Jasmine fly past the Construction of the Sphinx which took place around 2589 BC and then they fly to China to the Forbidden City which wasn't built until 15th Century AD....a strange time gap of at least 3,900 years.
hơn một năm qua sandysilva said…
sunny
WOW, I can't believe I haven't noticed most of this stuff before, You guys are great!!
hơn một năm qua thebench18 said…
I think this is interesting about Sleeping Beauty:

"Second only to 'Dumbo' (1941) (who didn't speak at all), this Disney title character has very few lines of actual dialogue throughout the entire film, which is actually about the three fairies who protect her, not about the Sleeping Beauty herself. Rose/Aurora is only featured in the film in very few scenes and hardly ever says anything. She doesn't utter a single word in the second half of the film, neither before nor after she falls under the spell. Her first line comes 19 minutes into the film, and her last line comes 39 minutes into the film. However, she does sing two songs during that time." - IMDb
But that's on IMDB ..people can add their own synopsises. im not so sure the movie was about the fairies
hơn một năm qua thebench18 said…
Well, I was more calling attention to the fact that Aurora hardly has any lines in the film... when she's the main character!
This isn't really about the Disney Princesses but has anyone noticed for Walt Disney supposedly being an open anti-semite, the Walt Disney Renaissance owes alot of it's success to Jewish artist? Howard Ashman, Alan Menken, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Eric Goldberg etc?

Disney was actually never a raging anti-semite. This is an urban legend that started because he was part of a 'restricted' country club. He had a number of jewish animators and executives working for him like Dave Swift, Harry Tytle, and Herman “Kay” Kamen who was largely responsible for the marketing success of mickey mouse, donald duck and Snow White.
hơn một năm qua PiiXiiE said…
monkey
Have you ever noticed that the only animals who can talk in Cinderella are the mice?
hơn một năm qua JBAL19 said…
Here's some stuff I've noticed:

Ariel's the only princess to have a child so far (I didn't really notice this, I read it somewhere, but it's true)

Ariel and Belle are the only two princesses who's hair color is not shared between the others (Cinderella and Aurora have blond hair, Mulan, Pocahontas, Jasmine and Snow White all have black hair, Ariel's the only red head and Belle's the only brunette)

Aurora and Snow White are the only ones who don't have sequels to their movies.

Belle's the only princess who doesn't have animal companions (But she has talking furniture buddies)

Snow White, Cinderella and Aurora's movies are the only 3 that don't state their nationalities (though I assume their from England)

Ariel's the only princess that has only one voice actress (Jodi Benson voiced Belle at some point, I think, and unless you count other language dubs. Snow White was voiced by someone else in merchandise, Aurora was voiced by two different people in Enchanted Tales, and all the others have a speaking actor and a singing actor)

Aurora and Mulan are the only princesses who have BOTH their parents.

Ariel, Cinderella and Aurora are the only princesses to have been shown as children.

... I got nothing else.

hơn một năm qua panna09 said…
earic, alddain, and phill are the onlt 3 out of 6 of the frist prices to have names in the 1st moives, the others are called, the baest, princes chaming,and prince charming, oh and they used prince charming two times.
no, the very first prince, from snow white, was never called prince charming.

alafastanzio, i can think of FOUR princesses that address their love interest by name-

and JBAL19, actually, 6 princesses have only once voice actress, and when does Ariel's movie ever state its nationality?
princesslullaby, You're right, I wasn't taking Pocahontas into account and now we have Tiana so... :P to me.
Right. So I think it's Ariel, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan. & now Tiana.
Yeah, but I never include Mulan because of her princess technicality...but it seems to be a moot effort on this spot.
Couldn't Belle also count? She does refer to him as Beast, the only name he goes by in the film.
Does she ever directly call him the Beast though?
yeah, at the very end. "Beast!" "Belle!.....you came back." ...stab and death. But Beast isn't really his name. His real name is never actually known or mentioned. I'm interested in where Adam came from.
^That's what I've always wondered. It seems as if someone just made up the name Adam and posted it on the Internet as fact.
Well, I would consider it, seeing as that Beast is technically his name.
hơn một năm qua Beastlysoul25 said…
Did you know that all the princes have names, except for Cinderella's prince?
hơn một năm qua iHyrule said…
^ Actually they call him "Charming" in the 3rd movie and Beast is really never called Adam and im sure Beast isn't his name. Your fact should be towards Snow White's Prince.
Beastlysoul25 commented…
Actually, I heard on the internet that Snow White's prince is named 'Ferdinand'. hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua iHyrule said…
smirk
Almost all of the movies from Snow White too Sleeping Beauty do the villains have Green/Yellow or Red eyes, mostly green because these colors were linked to the devil back then. Ex of Villains: The Evil Queen, ALL 5 of Pinocchio's villains (Lampwick was just a rebel not really a villain), Lady Tremaine,and Maleficent(Yellow and green eyes, hello she's the mistressof evil she needs 2 devil linked colors!)
hơn một năm qua jainabieber7 said…
The name Adam came from a game on the platinum edition of BatB.
Disney made the name for him, but this is the only time it is ever mentioned.

I also just stayed at the Port Orleans Resort at Walt Disney World last weekend. The room I stayed in is one of the "Royal Suites" and is decorated with all the Princesses. There were pictures on the wall of all the Princes as well, and underneath the Beast's (in his human form) said Prince Adam. So Disney does embrace this as his name!
 The name Adam came from a game on the platinum edition of BatB. Disney made the name for him, but t
hơn một năm qua PrincessAyeka12 said…
Have you noticed how most fathers of the Princesses have beards and moustaches?
hơn một năm qua Swanpride said…
Have you ever noticed that Aurora's heigh is pretty avererage? I mean, she looks so big because she is so regal, and naturally compared to the fairies...but in the last scene, she seems to be smaller than both of her parents, and she definitly is smaller than Phillip.
hơn một năm qua DreamyGal said…
I know this doesn't have to do with the films per sé, but have you ever noticed at the Disney Parks Belle is seen with her Prince in his Beast form...wouldn't it make more sense for him to be in his human form since this is after the story takes place? Same with Rapunzel...she is seen with her long blonde hair...
hơn một năm qua mhs1025 said…
About Rapunzel,the franchise prefers to keep her hair blonde and long. I don't really know about Belle with HER prince in his beast form,but i'm sure they want to keep it original for the people.

Did you know a pregnant lady drew Jafar? (my friends told me this)
hơn một năm qua shanyuisboss said…
Did you ever notice that in mulan, mushu was reading a news paper and at the time that the story takes place, they didn't have news papers?

Also, in mulan during the fight scene, Shang looses his sword in the snow and later on when he is fighting shan yu he get's his sword back.

One more thing, what is the beast the prince of?
I don't know what the beast is the prince of. Maybe land. And, Shang briefly fights Shan Yu with a pocket knife. Also, when Mushu was reading that newspaper, something told me the film took place around 19th something. (I.E. in old times like 1938 or in recent times like 1953)

This may be alittle obvious,but have y'all ever noticed that in the 3rd Little Mermaid,Ariel stays in mermaid-form the whole time?
hơn một năm qua shanyuisboss said…
Yeah, that is because it is before she became human.
hơn một năm qua hajirah4 said…
Did you know that Hercules is Ariel's cousin/=? (Greek mythology, people!)
cuteasprincie commented…
O_O hơn một năm qua
WHAT?!?!?!? :O
hơn một năm qua SarahCorine said…
Here's a bunch of cameos. Not all are the princesses tho.

Beast in Aladdin
Scar in Hercules
Mulan in Lilo and Stich
Belle in Hunchback of Notre Dame
Carpet in Princess and The Frog
Sebastian in Aladdin
Peg in 101 Dalmations
Mrs. Potts and Chip in Tarzan

Also, Mikey, Donald, and Goofy were in The Little Mermaid.
 Here's a bunch of cameos. Not all are the princesses tho. Beast in Aladdin và cây đèn thần Scar in Hercules Mul
hơn một năm qua cuteasprincie said…
Not all,but have you notice Belle raising her one eyebrow?