Những nàng công chúa Disney I don't understand why meg has not been included among the official Disney Princesses

HwoarangTkd posted on Mar 20, 2013 at 06:22PM
Let's start from the fact that almost all the princesses come from a different nationality, for example Jasmine is Arab, Mulan is Chinese, Belle is French and Pocahontas is a Native Americans, then include a Greek would have been perfect. Meg marries the son of Zeus (the king of the gods) and so marries a prince, while for example, Mulan is not a princess and marries a simple general so like says my friend on fanpop link she's not a real princess. Time ago I heard that Disney made ​​Mulan a princess only to enter in the Chinese market, but I wonder, it cost so much for Disney to include Meg between the Disney princesses? She's beautiful and really a very special and unique character, with a little dark side, but she proves to really love Hercules, is also very clever and determined, and she was allied with Ade just because she's a person able to prove too much love(if you remember the plot was in love with a man who going away after she saved him). I must say that (in my opinion) she is truly the most beautiful girl made ​​by Disney (together with Aurora and Ariel) so why not include her? As you may have guessed I love her really, is time I would like to know your own opinion :) write a little comment with your ideas and if you want decorated with pictures ;) Thank you for your attention and for your time :)

Just to add one last word no prince has never Waived the life of a God for his princess.

But a life without Meg, even an immortal life, would be ... empty. I ... I wish to stay on earth with her. I finally know where I belong. <3
 Let's start from the fact that almost all the princesses come from a different nationality, for examp
last edited on Mar 20, 2013 at 06:35PM

Những nàng công chúa Disney 9 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua hajirah4 said…
But Hercules isn't a prince, and Meg isn't royalty- either. Plus it's not a fairytale, and parents wouldn't like her attitude or how the villain told her to seduce Hercules into finding out his weakness.
HwoarangTkd commented…
But Herc is the son of Zeus (The king of god) and he's a True hero, Shang is only a general and even Mulan isn't royalty :( so I don't Understand why Mulan yes and Meg not :( hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua Jayden-G said…
I like Megara, Hercules, and Hercules (the movie), but there are a few reasons why she is not a princess

1. She is neither the protagonist in her movie or a princess (Mulan and Jasmine have at lest one of two), and Hercules gave up his status to be a god, so he is not a prince
2. Hercules was not as well-received critically or commercially as all the other princess films, so it is not easy to market her or her film
3. There is a lot of bias when it comes to the second half of the Renaissance. People say that they did not make as much money as the first half Renaissance films (all 5 post-lion King films made more than TLM, and Tarzan made more than BatB), and they were not well-received by critics (Pocahontas was the only post-Lion King that got mixed reviews)
4. She does not fit with the message that they are trying to market the princesses off of (She is overly sacastic and feisty, and works for the bad guy for most of the film)

Those are the biggest reasons why Megara is unfortunately not a princess
HwoarangTkd commented…
Even Pocahontas isn't a true princess(for Native Americans The daughter of the boss is not a future boss but the wife of the future boss), and her story isn't a Fairy Tale :( hơn một năm qua
Jessikaroo commented…
Pocahontas is a protagonist though, and she fits the princess mythos. Dreamy, wants more, doesn't fit in, wants love, etc. hơn một năm qua
prussiaducky commented…
Also, Pochahontas is conscidered a princess because she is the Cheif's (King's) daughter...a true Native American princess. hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua BraBrief said…
I think like you. Indeed, I like Mulan, but she doesn't deserve to be in the DP lineup. Every DP cried in her movie and Meg cried too, this is another reason to me to add her in the official lineup.
HwoarangTkd commented…
Whatever can tell the others, for me she will always be a princess "Cit Genie from Alladin" hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua Swanpride said…
I think the main reason (aside from the ones allready mentioned) is that Megara is kind of a villain in her movie. One which gets redeemed towards the end, but nevertheless someone who works for Hades. And the idea behind the Disney Princesses is that they are supposed to be good role models.
Jasmine's presence in the Line-Up is a little bit wonky, because she is not the protagonist of her movie, but she is a princess in a fairy tale. Pocahontas and Mulan's presence is a little bit wonky, because they are both not really princesses, but they are the protagonists in movies based on legends.Megara is not the protagonist, nor is she some sort of secondary protagonist, like Jasmine is.
HwoarangTkd commented…
But it is really sad: (if she also deserves a place among the DP as it is also particularly hơn một năm qua
Jayden-G commented…
^^ I agree with bạn 100%. The lineup are there to be good role models, and meg is a villain for a majority of her movie. Plus, the reception of Hercules has a big part of it as well. hơn một năm qua
HwoarangTkd commented…
but they should also teach that there are opportunities to repent and change our self to correct the negative actions :( hơn một năm qua
AudreyFreak commented…
^True, but kids are in all likelihood not going to understand the way they do it with Meg. With the Beast hoặc Stitch, sure, but their bad attitudes were so much thêm obvious (and not entirely their fault), whereas Meg's bad side is harder to see (which is obviously the point for Hercules) and her bitterness and seductive ways are actually kind of portrayed as funny hoặc cool. hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua LatinoLollipops said…
Hercules is a character my little brother (just turned 6) and his little friends really like and it's sad there is no merchandise of him.. so it's mainly Aladdin and toystory for him in the Disney Market. If Megara were a princess it would give more publicity for the film and his character, Megara would also be one of my favorites ranking between 5-8.
HwoarangTkd commented…
yes I agree :( many children like him, I remember when I was little I loved Gaston and Mufasa (Hercules I've only seen 3 years ago) hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua Jessikaroo said…
The Line-Up is mainly commercial, I think a lot of us forget that. It's ALL about merchandising to Disney. On the surface, Meg is that appealing to little girls, which is the target audience. She's kind of a villain, she isn't a dreamer (even Pocahontas and Tiana were dreamers about something), she doesn't want to fall in love, she's drawn in a style that could be considered ugly, etc. Meg, I feel, is a heroine more aimed at older girls. I loved her as a kid, but most little girls I've talked too only like, or dislike, Meg. It's an oddity when a little girl loves Meg. Not to mention Hercules wasn't as commercially successful as other films, it's even considered a flop to some people.
I'd love to have Meg in the line-up, but she just doesn't fit.
Jayden-G commented…
Actually, it beas better received critically than Pocahontas, and better received financially than The Little Mermaid hơn một năm qua
Jayden-G commented…
* is hơn một năm qua
HwoarangTkd commented…
for now I think it is the best motivation I've read :) I really think you're right, because it will also Mulan and the others are an example for little girls ;) hơn một năm qua
HwoarangTkd commented…
but from the first time I saw I thought (Quote Gaston) Right from the moment when i met her, saw her, I đã đưa ý kiến she's gorgeous and I fell hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua Swanpride said…
Neither is much of an achievement. Pocahontas was critically slammed and The Little Mermaid had to pull back audience after Disney dug itself into a biiiiiig hole, while Hercules was still riding on the wave of the success of the "Fab Four".
Jayden-G commented…
Pocahontas actually had the biggest amount if people at its premiere, but that is no a big accomplishment at all. Hercules did better critically, but worse financially. Also The little Mermaid had a lot of help from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It did get nominated to a lot of rewards, and it did being back interest in Disney. Disney really sunk ship after Tarzan though hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua Jayden-G said…
At the end of the day, it is about the success of the film, and Hercules did not do so well critically, and was not a cash cow (even though it did make a decent amount of money). It is not as popular as the other films, and they place princess based off of the demographic
last edited hơn một năm qua
HwoarangTkd commented…
:( hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua prussiaducky said…
I like Meg, but she isn't very popular with younger girls in the merchandizing business...Meg is also...well, she could be seen as something nasty for trying to seduce Hercules. Meg is awesome, but she is a little too "real life" and isn't a very fairytale-ish character.
HwoarangTkd commented…
Yeah that's true :( hơn một năm qua