tình yêu What do bạn do if your boyfriend is moving away?

Jillywinkles posted on Mar 07, 2009 at 04:30AM
Has anyone ever been in this situation? My bf is leaving, we are in love and neither of us wants to break up. It's going to be so hard to not talk to him online, or on the phone. But I guess I'll have to, if I want to move on with my life and not be depressed and alone forever.

I've thought about the long-distance relationship thing, but it's already torture now when I don't see him for one day, I can't imagine not seeing him for weeks, months on end.

I don't think there's much advice that can be given here, but I'd really be interested in hearing if anybody has any similar stories from their own experience. I'm just so depressed--it's one thing if a relationship doesn't work out, but it's twice as hard to be forced apart like this...

tình yêu 73 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 51-73 of 73

hơn một năm qua Alexiszalar said…
i know EXACTLY how you feel, even though this reply is so late.

My boyfriend recently got into something horrible, something no kid could ever face going through. He moved away, 45 minutes. You may think thats not alot, but it is when he came over for dinner every night, hungout everyday on the weekends, went to school together, spent hours on the phone a night. Now, its all gone. we were dating for about 8 months at the time, and he called me and said he was gone. Now i can only see him 1 time a month, and he has to earn phone calls. i havent talked to him in 2 days at this point. all i do is cry, i feel like my whole world has fell apart. hes the only one i hungout with and talked too.. the only one i did everything i could with. now i sit in my room listening to sad music, feeling like i have no one. he was my everything and more. & if he comes back he will then be an hour away, at a school with his ex girlfriend and everything.. im scared. but the best advice is just to hope for the best, and pray every second of the day that nothing bad could ever happen, if the relationship is strong, and the love connection is stronger, nothing bad should ever happen. thats how i look at it, but theres no way i could ever stop loving him after everything we've been through.. it just hurts it ended up one of the worst ways possible..
hơn một năm qua emmazurb said…
my bf is moving away this summer. we are gonna skype every night, text all day and talk on the phone often. gonna fly out and visit him every so often.
hơn một năm qua AnnaBerry101 said…
I Moved to USA and my boyfriend is in Russia! I have no time to talk to him in skype sometimes i go to bed at 5 am and i have to get up at 6 same with him!! It is so hard! Everyone has boyfriends and i can't even touch my!(( I miss him it has been 3 years! I see him every summer for a month but now my mom has problems with her job so i am not going to visit him for 4 years!......
hơn một năm qua Iccriss said…
Such a late response. But either way, I have something to say. I am in love with the most perfect, amazing guy that I have ever met. I'm 18 and he's going to be 19. I've had my fair share of relationships and I know for a fact that this one is unique and wonderful enough to withstand a lot. The only issue is that I live here in America, and he's a foreign exchange student from Belgium who will be leaving at the end of the school year. We're so deeply connected that we don't want to break it off at all. We've been over multiple options, one which includes trying a long distance relationship and the other is simply a promise to get back together when he's done with college and I'm done with the army. When he leaves I'm coming with him for twenty days to Belgium, and we might tour Europe together. Although we will be apart afterwards, everything that we go through right now will give us the strength and love to get through the next 5 years. So whoever you are, if you're in a similar situation, just remember that true love withstands all and can work, only if you have that love and determination. Look at your options, the possibilities are endless.
hơn một năm qua beachblondjg13 said…
crying
So I like this guy names zack and he likes me back. We are sort of dating but not really. Everyone thinks we are like the perfect match and all my friends gush to me about how I'm so lucky to have a guy who likes ne. Well he's moving to a different school and I am so sad!!!! There is about a 1% chance that he will go to my school next year and I am so incredibly sad I can't believe it!!! What happened to the match made in heaven? Sorry this doesnt really give advice...
hơn một năm qua tasia_josh said…
Ok so me and my boyfriend were together for only three days and those three days made me sooo happy we kissed a bunch and hug and talk it was so amazing but then he had to move the fourth day I was devastated I started listening to itll rain and crying it was so tragic im gonna miss my joshua (love you boo)!!!!!
hơn một năm qua AlOoOosh said…
I have him for my lunch before he tries to have me for his dinner :P
hơn một năm qua ber004 said…
I know that feeling. I've been dating my boyfriend for 9 months and i love him so much, he is 20 and he was in England doing a gap year. But he went back to Germany and is going to university in Germany for 5 years. We had originally agreed that we would break up before he left because it would be too hard not to see each other for so long . But when the time for him to leave got closer we decided we would try a long distance relationship, because we weren't ready to break up. So now we have been skyping as much as we can, but it's really hard not to able to kiss or even cuddle. I am flying over to germany in three weeks, and then after that it will be on his birthday after christmas. it's hard because we have limited funds between us. I finish school next year and I will take a gap year so we can hopefully see eachother more. But I am just focusing on when i get to see him next, i think it's important in an ldr to have 'a light at the end of the tunnel'.
Also be prepared for very mixed emotions, i cried for three days straight after he left, but then i started feeling angry that he'd left me. But I am slowly just accepting it, if you feel strongly enough for someone, then you can get through nearly anything together.
Good luck
hơn một năm qua Mishigaevon said…
sad
Sometimes I think back when my boyfriend and I didn't have to worry about weird things like him having to move away and leaving me behind. I didn't understand why he had to break up with me all of a sudden though. He kept mumbling about not wanting to break my heart, but he broke my heart by breaking up with me? Sometimes I think men are so confused on what their feeling they don't even have a proper explanation to the things they do... My advice is enjoy the time that you have together before it's to late, in others word be grateful.
last edited hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua Carolinaproud26 said…
I would stay with him. My bf lives about 2 hours away from me and actually were engaged.... and we are still happy in love with each other. It matters on loyalty and trust and how much you really love him
hơn một năm qua icl00003 said…
I've been with my boyfriend for 2 and a half years now. We met in high school and have continued dating into our second year of university. I've been accepted to study in America in early 2015 (we both live in the UK just now), so we have decided to break up just before we both start our next semester in September of this year. It was an easy decision because by that time we will have been dating for 3 years, and with him and I being 21 and 20 respectively at that point, we'd both like to explore other relationships while we're young. However, the decision being easy doesn't mean the break-up will be. It's comforting to know that it will be mutual (I'd rather that than one dumping the other) but it will be very hard. Even only at the 6-month mark I know a lot of couples that would say they are best friends, so at 3 years it will be pretty unbearable to split. We're in a fairly long distance relationship at the moment- we live 2 and a half hours apart- and see each other 1-2 times per month, so I take comfort from this too as I'm already used to not seeing him every day. This whole thread has been great to read, it's nice to hear how people in similar situations are doing. Sometimes I'm completely okay with what's going to happen, and sometimes I cry about it for a good few hours. I guess I'm just going to have to savour these next 5 months.
hơn một năm qua ashtinn24 said…
worried
I just started high school and met a guy from my old school, we started talking, and I developed a crush on him. About a week ago he just had told me he was moving away because his dad is getting a new job. I really don't want him to leave and I don't know what to do, I'm just hoping something happens that makes him not go anymore but that probably won't happen. The other day we hung out for 7 hours. 5:00pm till almost 1:00 am. He braided my hair, and we played video games and we walked for most of the time. That's when I found out I was head over heals for him. I didn't realize it because I thought I liked somebody else but I thought about it a lot last night. I don't want him to leave, plus I have no idea what to do.
hơn một năm qua Anasadface said…
crying
I am experiencing something like that My BF and I have been dating for 90 days and I might be moving away from him and I can't go and visit because my mom does not want me to be with him she doesn't even know that we r still together :( *
hơn một năm qua V21 said…
My bf had to move too i was devastated because we were both deeply in love. We tried to do the long distance relationship thing but it isn't feel the same so we just left each other. This was like a year ago and i still cry a lot about him and i always wonder if he still loves me back but I guess i will never know. I try to stop thinking about him but it never helps. I always get the feeling I'll never love someone as much as I loved him. Try to stay positive about things and remember that there are billions of people in this world and you will find someone else.
hơn một năm qua TheBrokenOne said…
Don't worry i feel you. He is literally gonna leave on
Saturday. Today's Friday and if i dont hang with him
Tomorrow i will never see him again. I'm to scared again
To ask again if he wanted to hang. I started to tell him i
Loved him maybe a month ago. I loved him for a very long.
It's just when i told him during the time the respone he gave
Me wasn't what i had wanted and it hurt me. But i realized
That i should give him time. We love each other i hope
Maybe when we get older we can see each other. Where
He's moving to is only 2-3 hours by plane. And by ride it's
Pretty long maybe like to 6 hours but it's worth it. Maybe
When we grow up we can be together. I hope he will always
Remember me and not forget me. He was the first guy i
Loved and i hope my last because i never wanna lose him.
It makes my heart ache and cry just by typing. Because
Tomorrows the last day i will ever see him again. Some
Times you can't wish for so much. You know what i mean?
I just pray and hope he's such a nice and handsome guy
Who wouldn't hit on him? That's what i scared of. He will
Leave me. I hope not. Because i never will. And if he does
I will still always love him. Hahaha i hope some can relate
To what I'm saying. I will give you an update. Hope some
Can relate to me. :) btw long distance can and will work.
Work it thru. I hope i can get back to you. So i can give u
Some advice :P
last edited hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua jessicabaier71 said…
My boyfriend is leaving next month to live with his dad and we have been thinking about it a lot so we are just going to long distance date cause we cant handle not being together
hơn một năm qua Demon_inside147 said…
I have a boyfriend who is moving to Missouri in 2 months.
If only we can have our first kiss. Fighting the demon inside. Help
hơn một năm qua monstertail0505 said…
crying
i feel your pain girl my boyfriend just moved away today its been so hard but just try to think about happy thoughts and try to forget about it
hơn một năm qua zeniac said…
It's march 7th 2017 and i was just on google trying to find advice on what to do if your boyfriend is leaving the country. And mine is going to Saudi as well..... the sad part is, even tho i know that he loves me, him moving away won't upset him about leaving me behind because i dont think he cares. So i'll be here crying my eyes out for months until i learn how to deal with the pain and he wont even be affected by it because i dont think he loves me as much as i love him... So basically long distance isnt even an option for us even tho i know i will be fine with it. He just doesn't want to be with me anymore once he moves and it hurts me soo much to know that a person i've spent a whole hear with and gave all of my heart to will leave my life and become a memory.....
hơn một năm qua LovelyPups24 said…
I have a boyfriend and he is moving in August and its so heartbreaking what if he breaks up with me and he finds a new girlfriend
hơn một năm qua janescholes said…
I'm just turning 16 and my boyfriend of 6 months moved 3hrs away about a month ago. We don't know what to do and initially said that we would still keep in contact just as friends. I went up to visit him just under a month after he left and stayed for 2 nights however the just friends thing didn't work. We decided to just call it a reunion. I then stayed a night with him when he came down to visit his mum about a week later. After that night it seemed the friend thing really was going to work. I went to the train station with him the next day so that he could get his train back to his new home and I cried on him. He told me to not be upset and that he would be coming back in a few weeks to visit. He then left in a bit of a hurry and got on the train. When I got back home I received a few texts saying that he was sorry he left in a rush but he was about to cry because he still loves me and I mean so much to him. After I replied he told me to forget about about him because even though he didn't want me to it would be best for me as I wasn't getting any better. I disagreed and thought that I really was and it hurt so much to hear that. He called that night and said that he was struggling to just be friends with me but there's no way that he doesn't want to speak to me again. We don't know what to do. That was last night and I haven't heard from him since and I'm really starting to worry that he's not going to call and that he really does want to just move on.
hơn một năm qua TaylorR228 said…
My bf just recently is thinking of moving to his dads instead of staying with his mom close to me so we won’t be going to the same school anyone. He wants to get away from his stepdad. I’ve been pretty selfless about telling to go where you’ll be happy. He wouldn’t stop asking me what he should do. I told him that it’s not something for me to decide. He said he wants to stay here with me bc he loves me and I make him happy but I know he hates it at his moms because of his stepdad who mistreats him. I already know that he is more than likely going to move but I don’t want him to but I’m being selfless and telling him that I’ll support him no matter what he decides to do. And that we will make it work bc we love each other
hơn một năm qua kelsiiiB said…
crying
My boyfriend just moved away Friday and im being torn to pieces we had to break up so ig hes not my boyfriend anymore but I doubt were going to see eachother ever again I miss him soo much and I cry all the time and the worst part im not technically supposed to be dating him bc my parents think im too you (im 13) I just cry all the time because we used to do everything together and now tht im not allowed to see him it just kills me inside ( im crying now go ME)