Seri chạng vạng Does Age Matter?

Meg08 posted on Feb 28, 2008 at 03:34AM
I've been thinking this for a while now (and no, I don't care if Bella is 93 years younger then Edward), but I think the younger Twilight fans like Bella more then the older fans. I'm 18 and I hate her, but I know a girl that's 13 who thinks she's the best thing the sliced bread. Gracie and I also have two of our teachers reading the Series now and they can't stand Bella either. Farther more, I believe that the younger fans are more likely to hate Jacob.

So... how do you feel about Bella and how old are you?

"Young" = 14 and under
"Older" = 15 and up

Seri chạng vạng 38 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua CharmedAngel88 said…
Well, I think you know how I feel about Bella, Meg. I'm not her biggest fan at all and I'll just leave it at that. I'm 19, so I fall into the older range. My sister, who is 16, doesn't like Bella that much either. We both like Jacob, we're Edward girls but we feel for Jake. I don't know if you're on to something about age or not. I don't know any people 14 or under who has read the Twilight series. But I have gotten my aunt to start reading them. She's older but I'm going to see what she thinks of Bella.
last edited hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua luvrofedward said…
Im 16 and i seriously wish that Bella had fallen on some sharp pointy rocks when she jumped off that cliff.
i know, harsh, but i despise her with a passion.
but its weird because my friend is 16 as well and she loves bella.....so i guess that its just personal opinion :)
hơn một năm qua oboelover123 said…
I'm 12 and I think that Bellas really stupid and has made some really bad mistakes. I dont like her at all. On the other hand I LOVE JACOB!!!!!! Hes my FAVOURITE character. Hope things go his way in Breaking Dawn.
hơn một năm qua Meg08 said…
Wow... I really hope you're just a random person that proves me wrong oboelover123, but its always nice to see another Bella Hater!!!
hơn một năm qua xxjoxx814 said…
im 13 and comsidered one of the "young" ones but i hate Bella, some of the things she does are just so stupid and frustrate me, Edward desirves someone better than her.
Well, I checked with my aunt, she's 26. She likes Edward and Jacob. But she likes Bella, says that she feels like Bella became her best friend or sister. So there's one older person who likes Bella.
hơn một năm qua AnnaK said…
i´m 20 so here we go,probably the oldest one..i have to say, that i really like her..she has that sort of teenage angst but on a higher level..she is always concerned about what might hurt others so that she has to have those moments in which she combusts..don´t get me wrong, i seriously love the edward /bella relationship but while reading all the books i could literally feel with her, being torn between her boyfriend who she loves and her best friend, who she also loves..honestly we all have that special person we rely on outside of a relationship and i know how she feels standing between both of them .. so i really have to admit that i like her, with all her odds and even when she behaves strange...
She may be concerned abuot the people she "loves", but she contsantly(sp?) hurts them too!
hơn một năm qua luvrofedward said…
yea, i dont like her. i think that she tries to help everybody and keep them safe, but she never has Jacob or Edward's best interests at heart, when maybe she should. shes very annoying.
hơn một năm qua layla_14 said…
i'm 14 and i'm one of the younger ones and i hate bella, i don't like her at all she gets on my nerves.jacob, what can i say about him, their's nothing bad to say about him, i love him!
Yeah, Bella's very annoying. She may be trying to help these people that she cares about, but it's not much help when she hurts them more than anything.
hơn một năm qua lingram714 said…
im 14 years old, so im classifyed as young i guess.
I absolutely HATE Bella and always have.
I read the books about a month ago and have been madly obsessed with them for the last little while.
In the beginning I loved Edward and hated jake because I thought edward was so hott even though he wasnt real. But today I reread eclipse and I have decided that I like them both the same, its actually very difficult for some reason! I wish they were real!
hơn một năm qua swimswamswum said…
I'm 13 years old and find Bella making many wrong decisions and very few right decisions.

I find her annoying and well, stupid.

She doesn't make many good common sense choices and it makes her, well seriously stupid.

She's smart intellectually, but her common sense is horrible and she makes many careless decesions.

She's not a very well put character.
hơn một năm qua Cara09 said…
wow this has turned into an "I hate bella chat"
I myself am one of the "older ones" and I like bella, she is in a very hard situation and everyone makes mistakes, you can't expect her to be perfect and constanly make the right decisions.
I would also like to say that i don't really like Jake. in the first book he was cool and when he was bella's best friend i was fine with it but i am not a fan of their romance, i love Edward and Bella together.
btw many of my friends are older too and they like bella and hate Jake.
hơn một năm qua WhiteRose said…
I'm 13 and I used to like Jacob. Because of the same reasons as Cara09. But now, that he's trying to make Bella choose him, like when he said,"Choose me instead of him" (that might not be exact word for word, but that's mainly what he said) that puts a lot of pressure on Bella, and she might make the wrong choice under it. So now, I don't hate Jacob, but I don't love him either. To me, Jacob should just be her friend. I know there would be some chapters missing from the books if Jacob didn't fall in love with Bella, but if I could choose, I might have just had Jacob imprint on someone, and be just friends with Bella. And, at certain times, I have liked Bella, hated Bella, and was bored about Bella. Right now, I'm in-between hating Bella and liking Bella...so I'm kind of confused. Once, I was even jealous of Bella. But that didn't last very long. Just for a few pages. I can't remember which chapter.
(Wow, that was really long...I haven't typed that much in one sitting for a few days...or maybe I have...nvr mind:)
hơn một năm qua BlueSaphire said…
Ok I never read this book and doubt I sha,ll ever in the future but, this is a issue ive come across in nearly every vampire series iv,e seen and or read thank to my dreadful habit of over anylyzing everthing.How can a human be with an immortal creature?
its not logical becuase one would outgrow the other, its not logical.
hơn một năm qua layla_14 said…
why does everyone fall in love with bella?

what's so special about her?
hơn một năm qua AnnaK said…
first I have to agree with cara and white rose..i seriously don´t see why you all hate bella..íf i had to choose out of edward,bella and jake who i dislike most, my answer would always be jake..i thought he was pretty cool in book 1 and 2, didn´t mind the friendship he and bella had but he clearly started to annoy me in book 3..he just forces bella into something and totally hurts her..well i do see that bella does hurt him and even edward too, but she never ever did it purposely..remember it was indeed jake who kind of caused the whole triangle-mess..

well why i fell in love with bella as you so nicely said? its pretty great to have such a good view on her inner thoughts and life struggling..i can almost identify with her in some ways, i like her odds, her always being so clumsy and i believe she does care about the persons she loves..
thats why i´m totally pro-bella :) :)
hơn một năm qua 0o0o_megan_o0o0 said…
Im 14 (15 in May) and I dont really hate Bella but I dont like her all that much either. Shes just kinda there for me. But I think that older people don't like her as much maybe because they look at her as immature. I mean, some of the stuff she does in the series is a little naive. D:
Wow... I stand corrected!!! YAY!!!!!!!! There are a lot of younger Bella Haters!!!!
hơn một năm qua walker93 said…
I don't like Bella that much, but hate wouldn't be the word I'd use. I guess I just don't really care. Also Jacob's my favorite character. Oh yeah, and I'm 14 (15 in 8 days).
hơn một năm qua gileygirl said…
lets see im 19, and well i frankly agree i believe that Bella is annoying and im like "what the heck is she thinking" and mostly thats what i think when it comes to Bella. It just buggs me on the choices she makes. She's alright, but i rather read about Edward and his family more than Bella complaining or whatever most of the time, but thats just me
hơn một năm qua caww said…
I'm older then anyone, I guess my age is considered a grandma, I'm in my 50's! I miss the younger feelings, I guess that's why I like reading our daughter's books to see what she is reading-tho our daughter is 13. I just hope high school is good for her.
I think Bella is made from a lot of high school girls-put into one character. I think there are a lot of shy girls and clumsy ones too. How do you act around someone who's perfect? I like Edward on the whole, I like his sense of humor and his sense of newness in falling in love. I cracked up laughing at the whole asking Bella to the Spring Dance and then going to the Seattle conversations.
Then of course, I didn't like him for leaving Bella. How could it have taken him six months to come back?!
I mean he knew she was hopelessly taken with him. But then Sam wouldn't have found her and introduced the whole werewolf world. I liked Jacob, only when he acted younger then Bella. He was sweet. When Jacob got older becoming a werewolf and a man. His whole being changed. To me he was like the bad guy in the book. Even bad guys get hurt..but he knew Bella loved Edward. He thought he was hot stuff and could win her. I don't think Bella would have gone for Jacob if Edward hadn't been in the picture. One of the high school boys at her school she would have fallen for...like Mike.
I am looking forward to all the books to find out what happens, I will watch the movie or movies if they can all be made with the words that are in the book...especially the places I laughed at or too me so cute in.
caww
hơn một năm qua Lunatic said…
I'm going on 15 in a few weeks and I want Bella to drown.

She did many stupid things in Eclipse (no, I'm not refering to the Jacob issue) and I dislike her.
hơn một năm qua kttykatkate said…
I'm 14, so I'm younger but my 15th birthday is in less than 4 months. And I really like Bella. So does one of my 15 year old friends says that Bella's character is the closest an author (or anybody) has ever come to getting inside her head( as in she thinks very similarly to Bella.) Just a side note here: she (my friend )'s a really liked person. She's shy and pretty quiet but everyone who knows her likes her.Bella is a great character who is the only human one in a story filled with mythical creatures and perfection. Humans have faults, right? And who wouldn't look at least a little bad at least occasionally next to Edward and Jacob? (I agree with AnnaK and Cara09 on the bella thing) As for Jacob, yes I think Bella and Edward belong together but as somebody else put it "I feel for Jacob". I definately don't hate him.
hơn một năm qua kttykatkate said…
Sorry-typo there. I meant "one of my 15 year old friends who says that Bella's character"...
(read above for the rest)
hơn một năm qua cheergeek said…
I guess I would be now considered 'older' and I hate Bella, she's anoying and I actually laughed out loud when she jumped off the cliff.
I also love Jacob very much, and I don't see how you can hate the kid.
hơn một năm qua funnyshawna said…
in 13 so im "young" but i absolutely HATE bella! i think shes really unspecial and doesnt deserve edward or jacob. i just dont get what everybody sees in her...shes just so...idk...blah. (apart from the fact that she smells rlly good apparently)also i hate how shes always doing stuff that hurts jacob or edward. like how she was leading jacob on like she didnt know how he felt. and how edward and jacob are always saying how everything is "not her fault blah blah blah" when it totally is her fault! anyways u get the picture...im not the biggest bella fan...:)
hơn một năm qua EdwardsBella said…
Let's just say I'm older =(...wish I wasn't

But I like Bella. I know some people don't and I understand but I still feel bad for her, and I just have to see her and Edward together!
hơn một năm qua EdwardsBella said…
And...I abhor Jacob Black.
why do u like bella????? i dont get it!!
but i love jacob too:)
hơn một năm qua Bandgeek_XP said…
Im "Young" and I don't hate Bella but I don't love her ethier. I still love her (a little) but she is just my least loved. I do think that she is stupid and Jacob deserves better than her sometimes. Oh yeah and i love jake more than bella. But i don't love Edward more than Jake, or Jake more than Edward. So Im "Young" and i guess you can say i'm weird too because i don't love bella that much either.
yayay im weird too:)
hơn một năm qua twilightlova13 said…
I'm 13 and I love Bella. I absolutely love all the characters. I don't get why everybody hates Bella. She is just trying to do the right thing.It doesn't help that Jacob keeps pressuring her to pick him. But I totally understand Bella. I went through the same thing. I love Edward and Bella together and would much rather Jacob and her just stay friends. I hope she picks Edward or else I'm going to be so mad. Bella is just trying to do the right thing and trying to go with her heart. I totally understand. Stop hating on her. I agree with what Cara09 and with what WhiteRose said.
i like her and edward too, but i also am not opposed to her and jacob, cos i love jacob.
hơn một năm qua ceo07 said…
i think its personal oppinion because im 16 nearly 17 and i really like bella
hơn một năm qua ritergrl said…
Right, well I'm 17, and I really dislike Bella. Not hate so much, seeing as I liked her in Twilight, but she went pretty downhill from there.

I can also see where Jacob is coming from and I like him... just not with Bella.
hơn một năm qua Chlarkfan said…
I'm in the younger group and i hate bella and i hate jacob!