Seri chạng vạng How did bạn get into Twilight?

chocolate-bear posted on Nov 06, 2007 at 10:54PM
I got Twilight for my birthday. I got it from a girl who i didnt really know that well, but my best friend suggested it.
I wasnt really sure if i would like it at first, but the back of the book really intrigued me. Plus, my birthday is at the beginning of summer so i had a whole summer to get into it. I read Twilight pretty fast and fell hard for it. Then i bought New Moon and, luckily Eclipse came out that summer too. Me and my friend talk about it all the time now, and people think we're crazy.

Seri chạng vạng 22 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua iluvtheoc3000 said…
yah i got it for Christmas 2 years ago... and i didnt think i'd like it... well i was really tired and couldnt sleep so i started reading and damn i stayed up till like 6 in the morning cuase it was so damn good... i woke up again at 9 in the morning and kept reading till i was done!!

Omg it changed my life!!
hơn một năm qua sweetmonkeytoes said…
I had a very good friend recommend it to me but the funny thing was that she never had really recommended anything before and she didn't really seem into that vampire stuff. So I wasn't sure if I'd like it but I knew I had to give it a shot. So I went to the library waited about a month or so to get it and 7 or 8 months later I'm still violently obsessed! And now my mom and sisters like it too :D
hơn một năm qua neeki said…
An English exchange student had it at school. When i saw the front cover (in Australia it used to be a girl with a really big head, short hair and tiny body..really?!) i thought this book is WEIRD and thought about it no more. Then i saw it at my library, gave it a chance and read it in one day. Then I renewed it for the next 3 months lol.
I actually had to order New Moon from the US because it was literally in no bookstore here. And the covers looked normal. Lol of course now, it's huge over here.
hơn một năm qua charmed_4evr said…
i heard about it on a lot of forums on the internet and thought it sounded good so i ordered it from amazon and then read it non-stop for 2 days
hơn một năm qua CharmedAngel88 said…
I was on YouTube watching a Mikey Way fan video and there were these girls who kept on talking about the book, saying that Mikey reminded them of Edward. I was wondering who in the world this Edward was and I wondered if I would think of Mikey when I read the book. So I bought the book and read it in a day. Though I didn't think of Mikey Way when I read the description of Edward I did fall in love with the book.
hơn một năm qua Meg08 said…
Well, I was in DC the summer before last and looked at the back cover and thought it sounded good, but not like me, but it had vampires! Unfortuneatly(sp?) I didn't have the money to buy it at the time, then come Christmas morning there it was, it was like the fourth present I opened. I was so surprised, cuz I hadn't told my mom that I had even looked at it! And now I'm totally in love with Edward! lol.
hơn một năm qua XpsychotickissX said…
a couple of my friends had told me to read it & while i absolutely hate anyone other than me having somethign to do with what i read i eventually caved in & read it & it "changed my life" lol its now my favorite series
hơn một năm qua JacobBlack said…
My BFF was reading it and i guess i read it over her shoulder.. Once i read pg. 444 in eclipse i was like I NEED THAT BOOK! so now im utterly obsessed and my and my bff have feuds over Jacob and Edward
hơn một năm qua imprint-on-me said…
I got it from my brother for Christmas 2 years ago. And after the family had left, and I still had like a week left of vacation before school, I decided I might as well read some before I went to bed. I'd have to say the going to bed part never really happened, seeing as I stayed up all night reading it. And then I reread it for the next week. Then I forced my mom to read it, and then later when my friend got it as a gift. I was like "OMG! YOU HAVE TO READ IT... NOW!" :P
hơn một năm qua chocolate-bear said…
What a lucky friend ;)
hơn một năm qua twilightfan22 said…
i got it form my best firend who was TOTTALY in to it. i asked her what it was about and she tild me (i was somewaht iterested in it so she lent me her book.) once i read the first line i was hooked and could NOT stop reading until i finished eclipse!!!! then i got my own collection and i read them over and over again!!
hơn một năm qua luvrofedward said…
i was actually just was looking for a a good book to read, so i was in B&N just looking around. i would read some of the summaries of the books, but when i saw twilight all i did was look at the cover and it kind of hooked me in. ive been a fan of the vampire/fantasy stories for a while...and its definately the one series that i can read again and again without getting bored.
hơn một năm qua time2dance_ said…
At school, i have these 3 crazy friends (twins and 'red')and they were always like,"you totally need to read this book about vampires and werewolves!!! you totally remind me of the main character!!!" i normally don't read, and when i started Twilight, i literally couldn't put any of the 3 books down!!! The 4 of us have gotten @ least 20 girls & 3 boys to read it! i cannot wait until the next one comes out!!! :)
hơn một năm qua iluvcrawford said…
I saw my sister reading it, and when she finished I took it to school to read in study hall....by the end of the day I had three other people wanting to read it, and within a month almost every girl in my grade was obsessed, and arguing about all the time....it was kinda scary.....and a year later everyone still loves it, and brags about how many times we've read it
hơn một năm qua ichooseice017 said…
i saw it while i was in a bookstore. i was attracted to the cover. the black background and then the way the red just goes so perfectly with it. simple yet so striking. and then i saw the title. got me really interested since i love anything that has to do with the moon.had a hunch it might have something to do with vampires or something so i took it and read the back part and voila! got me hooked the second i read "first, edward was a vampire". i have this thing for vampires (well, not the 30 days of night kinda vampire). i read twilight again right after i finished it! then i got new moon and then eclipse. kept me sane from all the problems and stress i'm having. i so love it! i love reading books but this one's the best! my favorite! i
last edited hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua Labradoodle said…
I got it for my birthday, this thursday. Read it in a day. Then read new moon on friday. And kind of couldn't stop so read eclipse yesterday... Now, i'm slightly obsessed!
hơn một năm qua twilightlover13 said…
I was going on a trip to hawaii and desperately needed a book to read for the 10 hour flight out there. so i was at b&n looking at the books and i thought the cover looked intriguing and also the back got me interested. I brought it with me having no idea how much it would "change my life" lol. I read almost all of it on the plane ride ha. and i've read it twice since then. but then when i got off the plane in hawaii (we were on a cruise lol) i HAD to have new moon. i was pestering my parents the whole week to go to the bookstore. on the last day we finally find a borders. we went in, and guess what. They had just sold their last copy. i was soooo mad. (but then i just got blood&chocolate and finished it on the plane trip home) when we got home at like 9 o'clock in the morning we my parents took me straight to the first bookstore we passed and i got it. then i was tortured in having to wait throughout the entire summer for eclipse lol. tooooorrrrttuuuuurrreee xD so far i've gotten 5 girls and 1 boy to read it ^__^ that's my story lol
hơn một năm qua jacob4ever57 said…
Well my friend and i were at a book fair and she had twilight in one hand and another book in another hand and she asked me whitch one she should get. So i told her she should get both because Twilight looked really good. So she read the other book first (shocking isn't it?!?!?)
and then when she finally read Twilight she loved it and i waz getting annoyed because that was all she ever talked about!
And then when she was reading new moon she told me about Edward and how he left *gasp* and i was like
"yeah sure Cheyennne i don't really care" (i know tisk tisk tisk I'm sorry i was in a bad mood that day.
So when i was at the book store i decided to buy Tiwlight and see why she loved it sooooooooooo much and now it's my favorite book series!!!
hơn một năm qua twilightlova13 said…
My aunt suggested that I read it on Easter. I started the first chapter and I fell in love with it at once. I'm completely obsessed and my friends think I'm crazy. I got them to read it too but their not obsessed. Best books EVER!
hơn một năm qua ILoveZane said…
My aunt read it in her book club and she thought it was great, and suggested it to me so i read it and now im obsessed and cant wait for the new one. and the movie
hơn một năm qua cheergeek said…
My friend suggested it to me because I mentioned that a book called Eclipse was comming out that summer.(It was after Harry Potter, so I thought it was nothing really) At first I thought the whole story was kind of ridiculous because she told me it was about vampires [I was like HELL NO] She let me borrow the book sometime, and I didn't read it, lol XD.
But then my sister decided to read the series cause she wanted something to read. She fell in LOVE with it and started telling me EVERYTHING. I didn't want her to spoil it for me, so I just decided to read the damn series myself.
And here the great obession starts XD. I eventually bought Eclipse while reading the others and now I have all three. AND LOVE them!!

((Long story, I know))
hơn một năm qua emma-jeff said…
I watched this film called Tuck Everlasting on the T.V one Sunday afternoon and I went on the imdb forums and there was a topic on Twilight and how the two stories are similer. I read the synopsis and ordered the first two books on amazon straight away because I thought that it sounded really good. As soon as I got them I read them in like two days. I then ordered the third one but it took aaagges to come, and then when it finally came I read it all in one sitting!

My friends think I'm crazy because they arent really into reading and all I do is bombard them with random Twilight quotes and facts! I a totally obsessed!