Seri chạng vạng Boys đọc Twilight

shortynme posted on Apr 02, 2008 at 08:15PM
So, how many of you know boys who diss on Twilight ALL THE TIME?

Quick story for you: my best friend Julia invited me to spend Easter with her family. Julia's sisters husband (you still following me) had the nerve to say that Twilight is the "destoyer of marriage". He was being sarcastic but, as you can image, Julia, her sister, and I all complained about it instantly.
He felt that once a woman reads Twilight her husband/boyfriend suddenly isn't romantic enough. His attatude about it was "I'll be as romantic as Edward when I'm over 100 years old too!"
I know of 3 guys that have read Twilight and liked it. Julia actually made a deal with her husband and now he's reading it (and liking it as far as we can tell :D)
So out of curiousity, how many of you have guy friends that have read Twilight and are liking it? If you don't have any, leave a funny story about a guy and his reaction to the books.
last edited on Apr 02, 2008 at 08:19PM

Seri chạng vạng 21 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua DaGirl50 said…
Wow. I did always think of Twilight as a major "chick" book, soon to be a major chick flick. No, right now I don't know of any guys who've even read the book, but I'll look into it. I'll force my cousin to read it over the summer if I have to! That would be fun... But yeah, a guy's reaction... "Dude! Edward is gay as hell! And when will this thing end!? How many pages does it take to write about a vampire falling in love with a girl ad killing her!?" THE END
We all know boys think differently.
hơn một năm qua shortynme said…
Haha! I like your guy's reacation! Well Julia's husband finished Twilight. And though he'll never admitt it, we both think he likes it. He says it is a major chick book but he seems to like the fighting. Thanks for responding to my post!
hơn một năm qua cressida said…
I've sold the Twilight series to a couple of boys at a bookstore, and knew that at least one was actually buying it for himself. But I don't know of any of my guy friends who are reading the book...that is, I haven't asked them.
hơn một năm qua cowgirlfromhell said…
I heard about Twilight from my guy friend. He's got all the twilight books signed and Stephenie has his address and wrote him a letter. And he's straight.
hơn một năm qua vickiee_93 said…
One of my guy friends is reading it and he likes it.
last edited hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua luvrofedward said…
haha thats funny. just today i was talking about taking a day trip up to port angeles, wa with my friend, and i saw forks and la push and i was like omg we should go there. one of my guy friends was like i went to Forks once cuz it was in that really good book called Twilight have you heard of it and i was like OMG YEA! i was so happy and pleasantly surprised that he being one of my closest friends liking the book.
hơn một năm qua walker93 said…
The guys I know are dissing it all the time even though they haven't read it.
hơn một năm qua chelsea21 said…
i made my boi friend jared read it n he lyked it enough to change his personality. but in other ways he hates it.
hơn một năm qua chocolate-bear said…
i found out some guy in my music class really likes the Twilight series too. He's pretty obsessed like me. I think he's read Twilight about 4 times. He always brings it into class to read it, and i take it and read all my favourite parts.
last edited hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua Gabitha said…
My brother read the first chapter of Midnight Sun and he liked that but when i tried to make him read Twilight he would not because it was from a girls point of view, lol though he said when Midnight Sun comes out he would read it then! lol
hơn một năm qua jacob4ever57 said…
i haven't seen a boy read Twilight yet i would like to though!
hơn một năm qua twilightlova13 said…
I have also thought of Twilight as a chick book. I don't know any guys who are reading it but whenever I talk about it they're always like, "What's so good about the book?", and I'm like' "Everything."
hơn một năm qua Black-Rose89 said…
I was wondering the same thing o_o
hơn một năm qua Saul_Mikoliunas said…
I only started reading Twilight two weeks ago (Yeah....read all three of them now though =P ) and I was sitting on my couch, leaning against my friend reading the book and I thought he was watching tv but then I got to the end of this one page and he said "Hold on! I haven't got to the end of the page yet" and I hadn't realised it but he had been reading over my shoulder the whole time =D He also refuses to admit he likes it but he did want to know if Bella and ALice got to Edward in time =D I think I should buy him the books for his birthday because nobody I know is a twilight addict and I need somebody to squeel with =D
hơn một năm qua BritKeyser said…
The girl who introduced twilight to me had a guy friend who liked the book, but he's the only one I know. I don't think the books a chick thing, 'cause I don't normally read chick books, ya know, romances and such. I never thought of it as a chick thing, I don't see why guys would either.
hơn một năm qua chels05 said…
its weird, i got one of my friends into it and he LOVES it. and he doesn't like to read. Its now his favorite series lol.
Then another friend of mine saw my DP on msn which was something about edward I think and he was all like "another edward fan?" and making fun of me and stuff and saying that he is edward ect. I think hes read the first one, but thinks of it more of a chick thing and hates how everyone loves edward lol.
hơn một năm qua DarkSarcasm said…
I'm in the process of convincing a male Fanpopper to read the series. I'll make him come to this forum and express his thoughts once he gives in. =P
hơn một năm qua fanpire101 said…
ok so im veryyy obsessed with twilight and because of that i decorated my locker with pics and quotes from the movie and book. then this guy from school whos all like "guyish" comes over and was like, is that twilight that was an amazing book and i was very suprised that he actually had read and liked them!
hơn một năm qua spezlee said…
I made my brother read it. I KNOW he secretly liked it. His reaction: Um, yeah, it's pretty good, I guess. But, not as good as Dune.

Hehe. I'm gonna drag him to the movie, too!
hơn một năm qua cml421 said…
i like it
hơn một năm qua jay_teamRenesme said…
cool
Im a guy and love twilight. However I would like to point out that Edward had a unique oportunity to show Bella how he felt on a consistant level. She was always getting into trouble and he there to save her. Most relationships aren't that adventurous and lets face it most men aren't that good at comunicating. Personally I don't think Edwards behavior is out of proportion. If anything it seems like a pretty standard guy reaction (him wanting her safe/feeling like he could do anything because of her).
It's only the semi constant danger that throws things out of proportion.

Trust me when we find the one thats right (relationship/girlfriend) we know it too.

As I sad guys aren't good at communication.