Liam and Annie The Lannie Scenes Viewing and Discussion Thread

ilyria posted on Nov 14, 2010 at 06:51PM
The concept is simple:

-We post one video at a time, preferably a video that contains ALL Lannie scenes from one episode.

-We will post these videos in the chronological order in which they aired.

-We discuss those scenes. What did you like about them? What didn't you like about them? What would have made the scenes better/worse? Talk about anything you'd like!

The purpose of this thread is to remind us, during these hard times of NO Lannie and SO MUCH Channie, why we fell in love with this couple in the first place.

I will post the first video up. Happy viewing! =D

Liam and Annie 66 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 66

hơn một năm qua ilyria said…
First up:

Episode 1x21, The Dionysian Debacle

Summary: Annie meets Liam for the first time when Naomi drags her along on a double date. It's not exactly love at first sight on her part. :P

(If you'd like to watch in HD, just click the video and watch on YouTube.)

DISCUSS!
last edited hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua MaryElizabeth said…
heart
This is one of my favorite Lannie scenes and I think it was the best FIRST MEETING writers could give them!
I loved how Liam was obviously different with Annie than he was with Naomi . Since Naomi and his cousin went away he became more interested IMO (less closed). He was totally attracted by her inaccessibility and disinterest . Both of them bring playful side from each other , that's what I adore about them , we can't deny how they become more alive when they are together , even , if you noticed , after small conversation with Annie , Liam became more relaxed and good-natured , like if Annie kindled his cold heart , she obviously brings out his BEST side!
I loved the way how they look at each other , how they are teasing each other (wish we had more such moments) , how Liam asked her out , how both of them were playing with each other .... this scene made me fall in love with them , I couldn't wish better first scene , I loved absolutely everything!
I agree with everything you said!

Liam seemed so disinterested in Naomi in the first scene, and I think it was because of how desperate she was acting. She was trying WAY too hard to get him to like her, and I think for him that was a turn-off. So when everyone else left the table and Annie showed disinterest in him, he was instantly intrigued. He's so gorgeous that he's probably used to girls falling all over him all the time, so when Annie voiced her honest (and negative :P) opinion of him to his face, I think he had instant respect for her. And he seemed to really like the way she was able to see through all of his BS.

There was a HUGE difference in Liam's demeanor once Naomi left the table. Like you said, Mary, he became more relaxed and good-natured and suddenly appeared to be having a good time, whereas before his cousin and Naomi left the table, he looked like he wasn't too excited to be there. And his SMILE when he's talking to Annie. <3 I challenge anyone to go find a clip where he smiles like that at Naomi. It was just so...genuine.

Now, most Liomi fans (and even Annie herself) claimed that the only reason Liam asked her out was to get to Naomi. But I actually like to believe that he asked her out because he genuinely wanted to go out with her. I think he felt much more of an instant connection and spark with her than he did with Naomi - and I believe that if Annie had accepted his invitation, he never would have given Naomi another glance.

All in all, these scenes are perfect. <3
hơn một năm qua sidney_sunny said…
smile
It was AMAZING scene!
I had a feeling that Liam was testing Annie and trying to figure out what kind of person she is , I think he was kinda expecting to see usual common girl who will go crazy over him (paying attention to his comment about "I'm shy") , we wasn't expecting that she'll stand against him and answer him with same "coin" ... I think he difinetely was interested , because Annie wasn't as simple as most of the girls , he saw that it will be difficult for him to understand her , she was "closed book" and he was willing to "read" it! :P
I think in this scene he was definitely interested in playing games with her , he asked her out although I'm sure he knew she won't accept it ....But not only Liam was great , Annie was awesome as well , she acted HONESTLY , I love that she wasn't trying to put a mask on her face , her face spoke for herself , and I love how she wasn't under Liam's spell ! I adore relationships where everything starts not from "we met and fell in love from first sight" , but when there are characters conflicts , when one challenge another , try to impose own opinions , it's always more interesting when persons resist each other and try to prove that she/he is right or better! That's whart i saw from their first meeting , that's what I value in their history ! They aren't trying to be different to just attract attention , they are who they are and that's what is what was magnetazing Liam to Annie in first season!
blush
claimed that the only reason Liam asked her out was to get to Naomi.

Really ? sorry , I don't get it , how it works ? I'm too stupid to understand! :S Naomi was already there , ready for everything , isn't it ?
wink
and I believe that if Annie had accepted his invitation, he never would have given Naomi another glance.

I actually think that he would left behind both of them ,if Annie would accept Liam's invitation he wouldn't be that attracted to her , she would be as Naomi - under his spell , and he doesn't look like a boy who likes easy games!

hơn một năm qua Crazy_LA_FAN said…
smirk
This is actually my 2nd favorite Lannie scene ever!! =]
I loved totally everything about it : opposition of characters , cat-mouse game , eye contact , I agree will Amanda , Liam smiles like THAT ONLY near Annie , their chemistry totally adhered me to screen , something that I never could see with other couples ... I agree with you all , there is nothing that I didn't like , best first meeting writers could write down for them!

By the way where disappeared Liam's cousin ? :o
I actually think that he would left behind both of them ,if Annie would accept Liam's invitation he wouldn't be that attracted to her , she would be as Naomi - under his spell , and he doesn't look like a boy who likes easy games!

Gosh, I hadn't thought of it that way! I think you're absolutely right!

You know, as much as I loved Season 1 Liam, I'm kinda glad he's no longer playing these sort of games. Back then, he most likely wanted Naomi but instead of just going for it, he made her practically beg for him to be her boyfriend. I love that he didn't do that with Annie this season, once he realized he wanted her. He is the one practically begging this time! =D
heart
You know, as much as I loved Season 1 Liam, I'm kinda glad he's no longer playing these sort of games.

Agree , although sometimes I would love to see this strong side directed on good business - like FIGHTING FOR ANNIE! Not shoving her :(

He is the one practically begging this time! =D
He used to be a player , now he is in love , I LOVE IT! TRUE love changes people!
smile
how much time do we have to discuss this scene ? :) week or several days ?
although sometimes I would love to see this strong side directed on good business - like FIGHTING FOR ANNIE! Not shoving her :(

Agreed! After reading all the spoilers before season 3 began, I was so sure we would get a fight between Liam and Charlie over Annie, but we haven't and I don't think we will at this point. What a monumental waste of a perfectly good opportunity! Instead, he just pushed Annie even closer to Charlie. :(
how much time do we have to discuss this scene ? :) week or several days ?

That's an excellent question. I was wondering about that myself. I would say there will be no time limit or anything - we can just post the next video when it appears no one else is going to chime in. BUT, anyone can discuss one of the previous videos at any other time if they want to join in the conversation, or if they would like to add anything. :)
Or should we have a different thread for each episode? Honestly, I didn't put a whole lot of thought into how this would work when I came up with the idea. :P
big smile
haha , I think it would be nice if we put borders for a scene discussion , like for example 3-5 days for each , so we'll move on not so fast and those people who aren't active every day will be able to join . I don't think we should create other threads , it will be too many of them xD
hơn một năm qua Queenst said…
big smile
Hehe , I don't even know what to say , all my emotions were already mentioned!!! :D

I loved whole scene since the beginning till the end !
I agree with you about Liam's smile near Annie , it's totally different and unique! If with Naomi it always looked kinda "fake" , like if he was SUPPOSED to smile , not because he wanted to !
I loved how Liam moved towards Annie when random people went away :P You can't say he wasn't flirting with her (to Liomi fans) , he totally was !!He was interested in her since the beginnig !
I agree about cousin , why they brought Charlie in , better brought back THIS guy ! He just disappeared! :S
hơn một năm qua lanniefan said…
kiss
I will join you tomorrow guys! Love this idea!
heart
I see you pretty much explained all my feelings and thoughts about this scene =D

I love Annie's clothes and hairstyle in this scene , seriously where are season 1 stylists ? ... I still love how she looks now , but IMO her season one look in second half of season was the best (especially 1x19 epi). I so want her old clothes back , they were more fashionable and attractive , now she looks like her stylist is her Grammy (not Tabitha-that woman had sense of style)... I love Liam's badass look , how self-confident and impudently he looks , I still ADORE his season 3 changes , but I would like to bring a bit down his "shy" level.

Liam without a doubt was amazed by Annie , honestly , I can't understand why Liam asked Naomi out , since he was absolutely not interested in her , it looked like he cared more about bottle of beer than about her :P Probably because again - he is a player , he liked playing games with her . (she always accepted his rules , like a doll )

There is nothing I would like to change about this scene , I think it's perfect: eye contact , flirt and teasing , I couldn't ask more for first date :P
hơn một năm qua DamonElenaFan said…
heart
Oh "JUST THE TWO OF US!" I loved it!!! <3 He said it soo sexy , lol :P
Comon' they were meant to be since the beginning , sparks already were flying , and I'm sure that BOTH of them were curious about each other ... I mean , if girl doesn't like a guy (like in any contest) she will just ignore him and move on , but Annie is "fighting" with him , I think it means something ,well and I think everything is obvious about Liam , even blind person can notice that she is only girl he was interested in at the beginning :P
heart
Oh "JUST THE TWO OF US!" I loved it!!!

Oh , I loved it so much as well , he said it so foxy and flirty <3 Kinda funny , was he seriously thinking she may say "yes" after he was kissing Naomi in front of her ?:D it was definitely a game for him , but I'm sure he already had feelings for her since their first meeting , she was first girl that hooked him :P
hơn một năm qua mistrz922 said…
Im sorry that I'm writing so late... actually this is one of my favourite Lannie scenes !!:D it shows exactly their game from the beginnig:D and those Liam's spechees were a kind of provocation for Annie to check if she likes him too. And I guess it worked;)
Okay, I think it's time for the next video!

Episode 1x22, The Party's Over
Summary: Liam tells Annie that she's a volcano, and Annie tells Liam he's not much of a man. :P

DISCUSS!

hơn một năm qua irina_kirs said…
heart
OMG , first season for Lannie is just PERFECT IMO , I can't think about any scene that I didn't like!

I loved how Annie pushed Liam away when he brought Dixon and how she attacked him!! So cute! :P
Moment when Liam is helping Annie to hold Dixon is priceless , she was about to fall but he helped her :)) What a gentleman , haha!

It was nice how Annie through her teeth said : "THANK YOU" , lol , it was so funny to watch how difficult for her was to say those words to him!
Incredibly eyes contact , smiles , teasing ... I ADORE them both!

Volcano is their key word IMO , something I can associate their couple with! Liam was first person who tried to identify Annie's true face and he made it!
Please , I so want them to remember this scene some day!!!!
wink
I loved these scenes so much.
Annie : "You are so obviously trying to destroy your relationships with Naomi" - this is so true . I actually think that Annie's first theory is 100% right : " he isn't into her and isn't honest enough to admit it" .
I love the way Liam looks at Annie at 2:52 , he is SO flirting with her and I can't think about any other couple that could actually beat their teasing moments , even Delena can't!

There may be lots of debates between Liomi/Lannie fans about who Liam liked first at the beginning , but I think they are so pointless , it's just so obviously clear. Liam's eyes never were that burning in conversation with Naomi , he was always dull near her , with Annie he comes to life , same is with Annie , other relationships oppress her , but not when she's with Liam!

Volcano is their key word IMO , something I can associate their couple with!

I completely agree with that! Both of them are volcanoes !
smile
I agree with everything you guys said , only "-" could be : they had to get more screen time , writers for example could show how Liam dragged Dixon in his room and Annie was helping or something , it was all about talk , not that it's bad , but I would like to see some action as well :P
Everything else was perfect : chemistry, looks , smiles, Volcano , "fight" ...!
I think this might have been the first scene I ever saw of them together. I didn't start watching the show until this past July, on DVD, and to decide whether or not I would like the show enough to buy the DVD, I looked up some videos on YouTube and watched them first. I knew vaguely who Matt Lanter was and thought he was incredibly hot, so I mainly looked for videos involving Liam. When I watched this video, I think I instantly decided I would ship Liam with Annie, even though I knew from reading about the show that he was with Naomi.

I LOVE their banter here. I love the fact that Annie was so unimpressed by him in the beginning - and that she was not afraid to show it! Her "not much of a man" speech was great, although I'm not sure which theory of hers I actually agree with. And Naomi watching them through the glass door, looking jealous and angry was a nice touch.

Also love the "volcano" theory of Liam's. Just the fact that he was interested enough to actually put some thought into what type of person she was spoke volumes, if you ask me. And I adore his arched eyebrow near the end, and his imitation of her smile. He was so flirting with her. Liomi fans can deny it all they want, but there was definitely a spark between these two.

One of my favorite parts of the episode though, which is not shown in that video clip, is after Liam leaves and Annie joins the girls in the kitchen and Naomi is cutting up that creepy-looking baby-shaped cake. Annie tells Naomi that she just REALLY doesn't like Liam, and for some reason Naomi believes her and acts all relieved. Ah, poor, naive Naomi. :P
heart
Annie tells Naomi that she just REALLY doesn't like Liam, and for some reason Naomi believes her and acts all relieved. Ah, poor, naive Naomi. :P

I also think Annie was kinda of "in denial" . She was interested in him , that's obviously IMO , otherwise she wouldn't be that impressed and would already forgot what they were talking about , but no , he somehow touched her feelings , I think she was also maybe a bit afraid that he's the first person who actually sees her "through" , at least I would be worried :D

it was all about talk , not that it's bad , but I would like to see some action as well :P

Good point , I agree , this can be the only small "-" in whole episode!

And I adore his arched eyebrow near the end, and his imitation of her smile.

IKR! I watched this scene about 1000000 times and I still can't watch it without smile or laugh :D
Episode 1x23, Zero Tolerance
Summary: Liam flirts with Annie during Health class, and Annie accepts a geek's invitation to the Prom just to show Liam she really IS a nice person.

DISCUSS!

heart
Love,love,love,love this scene . It's still my favorite out of all.
I don't think it could be even better , it's just perfect!
They both look so gorgeous and playful!
But to be honest when I was watching this scene for the very first time I (don't know why) was convinced that Annie WILL accept Liam as a partner , and when she said "No" I was like "WTH are you doing,crazy?" :D

Liam overhearing her talk with geek was priceless , I ADORE their season one looks at each other!!!!

But what is with this studying , I mean why it seems like one lesson is with one group , other with another group of people , they don't have ONE class group in America ? Does all cast study together ?:o
one of the best scenes ever!!:) after that scene my Lannie's love started blooming like never:):)
When I first started watching this clip yesterday, my first thought was actually, "Man, I really miss Annie's season 1 hair!" But since the purpose of this thread isn't to discuss hair, I'll just talk about the actual scene. :P

Once again, Liam had a big, genuine smile on his face around Annie. Even though he's teasing her, you can really tell he's having fun trying to get under her skin. So adorable. I loved his, "you and me?" motion with his hand. I really wish they had partnered up. Looks like they were going to be practicing CPR on dummies. I would've loved to have seen them practicing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on each other!

And the Prom scene was priceless. That cocky smile and thumbs-up he gave her was hilarious. That actually appeared to be the only moment at the Prom that he enjoyed!

I think it's kinda funny that even though Liam and Naomi ended up together in season 1, Liam and Annie were the ones that got all the cute scenes together. :D
heart
I miss Annie's season 1 hair as well , actually I miss everything about season 1 Annie , she was more playful , flirty , made changes with her appearance (wasn't wearing same hair cut during whole season). But this character is burried probably forever , since she wen't through hell and it's impossible to stay same person.
Love Liam's and Annie's smiles when they are together , I'm probably bias but I never noticed THAT kind of smile when they are near other people :P

Class scene is PERFECTION , best part of 1st season for sure , loved prom as well.
That actually appeared to be the only moment at the Prom that he enjoyed!

So true!!! Liam is so prof at driving this girl crazy! =D

Episode 1x24, One Party Can Ruin Your Whole Summer
Summary: At Naomi's post-prom party, Liam draws a picture of Annie.

DISCUSS!

Okay, I'll go first this time.

So this clip is only 35 seconds long, and Liam and Annie aren't even interacting for the full 35 seconds, but I still love this scene anyway.

HE DREW HER.

I know he was an anti-social guy at the time and didn't really know anyone at the party. But even still, he chose to sit off on his own and take the time to draw a picture of Annie. It didn't look a whole lot like her, but he included the volcano, which was lol-worthy. I loved her exasperated reaction when she saw it, and his smirk when she stormed off in frustration.

Once again, this is a scene that really showcased his interest in her from the very beginning. He could have drawn a picture of ANYONE (or anything) else at the party, but he chose her as his subject. <3

There's a reason why Naomi was so quick to believe Liam had slept with Annie. We weren't the only one who saw their chemistry!
tongue
I love this scene so much , it shows how Liam cares about her . He was bored , and only way how he could entertain himself was to draw picture of Annie - what is so adorable , especially since he "opened up" to Naomi , it would be only logical if he draw her picture , but we see that it's not so and Annie is only girl he can think about . This actually makes me doubt again the "sincerity" of his "deep" conversation with Naomi .
honestly? It wasn't my favourite scene...There wasn't THAT chemistry between them cause it was too short scene!! and it was a bit funny, but still not as funny as in the previous vids. Of course he was provoking her again but without this ...let's say "satisfying" result;)
kiss
^ you don't like it ? :o
this scene is in my top 5 , lol
agree with previous comments completely!
Episode 2x02, To Sext or Not to Sext
Summary: Annie confronts Liam at his locker about coming clean with Naomi, asking him to please tell her who he really slept with.

DISCUSS!
I think this scene will ETERNALLY piss me off! First of all, I hate Liam's hair here, for the sole reason that he looks so much like Justin Beiber. :P But once again, I'll refrain from talking about hair.

To this day, I will never fully understand what was wrong with Liam's head throughout this whole Naomi/Jen thing. It seemed the ONLY thing he was ever concerned about was Naomi getting hurt from learning the truth about her sister. It made absolutely no sense. Didn't he realize it would have been better if she'd found out about Jen's true colors earlier on? Like, right away? And THEN, when he had that recording - actual PROOF - of Jen talking about the night she slept with him, HE DELETED IT BECAUSE HE SAW NAOMI WITH ANOTHER GUY! UGGGGGGGGGGGH! I'm sorry, haha. But Liam was just so incredibly stupid throughout this entire storyline.

You can tell in this scene that Liam is expressing some remorse, for sure. He feels bad that Annie has been dragged into this, when she is just an innocent victim. However, the fact that he completely ignores her pleas to come clean is incredibly selfish and just downright mean. I think he'd known Naomi well enough by that point that when he heard Annie say, "she's going to ruin my life", he would have known that she would do exactly that. So why he willingly let Annie get caught in the crossfire will always confuse me.

Haha, sorry for the rant. I didn't realize until I started talking about this scene how much that whole storyline - and Liam's actions - really made me mad! :P
hơn một năm qua DamonElenaFan said…
sick
I'm not a huge fan of this scene . Liam looked like such an awful coward , I mean I can understand him , Naomi anyway wouldn't believe him and continue humiliate Annie , but .... just look at his eyes ? is he about to cry ? where is a strong man we saw in 1st season ? He looks whiny and pathetic in this scene and in whole 12 episodes of 2 season! :/
mischievous
I loved it only because it was first Lannie scene for a long time :D
But I agree with you both , Liam looked awful here and the way how he acted , I just can't understand it . He was going to say Naomi the truth so argument "he didn't want to hurt her" is stupid , 5 words "A guy with no brain"
this scene actually shows kind of Liam's soft side. Cause he felt bad, that Annie were into this situation beacuse of his cowardice. that's why we can say : you are a jerk! You should tell Naomi - what's the big deal?. But we need to understand him... he really didn't want to confess and where it goes to hurt Naomi...
hmmm
But we need to understand him... he really didn't want to confess and where it goes to hurt Naomi...

I actually agree with Miley , he WAS going to tell the truth to Naomi during whole 2 season , which means he understood it will hurt her ...... (it's not like he was going to hide that) that just prooves how no sense was Liam's ignor of Annie's request ! and how NOT logical are writers
Episode 2x03, Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat
Summary: When Liam ignores one last plea from Annie to tell the truth, she takes matters into her own hands - and makes Naomi cry! =D

DISCUSS!

Okay, so the first part of this video is pretty sad. You can tell that Liam feels bad when he sees "SLUT" painted over Annie's locker. And when she blames it all on him and he watches her walk away, you can tell he feels like a jerk. And he SHOULD!

Then comes the boat scene. I was actually so glad when Annie decided to just be a bitch about the whole thing. Granted, it was the final nail in her coffin, but you could tell it was a relief for her to make Naomi feel like crap. I love both Naomi and Liam's expressions when Annie says, "We totally slept together". Haha, Liam TOTALLY deserved that for not coming clean, and Naomi deserved it for being way too quick in assuming Annie was guilty to begin with. Liam storms off and then Annie continues to pour salt into Naomi's wound and finishes it off with the famous, "Everyone you love ends up loving me more. First Ethan, then Liam. Who's going to be next?" line, which made ME love Annie more, haha.

I honestly believe this is one of Annie's best moments.

And then to finish it off, we see Liam telling Dixon he wants to kill Annie, which is funny watching that now because we know just how much that is no longer true. But I'm sorry - Liam and Naomi both deserved it!
smile
I love bitchy Annie and I love how she makes Liam feel his fault!
I loved how when everyone in school was against Annie and was trying to humiliate her , Liam was the one to take her side , although it actually had nothing to do with Lannie's "sex" at Naomi's party , more of her nude pics with Mark! Of course I would probably wish him to say at least some 2-3 rude words to the crowd , but I'm also satisfied with the way it was shown!
hơn một năm qua LindsayLin said…
tongue
I love school scene , boat not that much , because Liam looked way too pathetic ! only thing I loved about it was Annie using Liam as a weapon against Naomi , they both SO deserved it , feeling like crap was exactly what Annie owed them!
Episode 2x12, Winter Wonderland
Summary: Before Liam and Naomi have their mushy reunion (ew), Liam decides it's time to apologize to Annie. Better late than never!

DISCUSS!

Okay, this may seem weird, but I actually LOVE this scene. It's short, less than a minute, but I view it as being the scene that really starts their journey to becoming a couple.

First off, Liam finds Annie at school and apologizes. Let's face it, he didn't have to. They were never friends to begin with, and by this point they'd gone a couple of months without even interacting with each other. In the meantime, he was obsessed with Naomi and was sorta getting to know Ivy romantically, so Annie was probably the farthest thing from his mind. However, after the whole Jen fiasco was taken care of, he decided to tell Annie how sorry he was - even though the last time they were together, Annie had pulled that "we slept together" thing on Naomi on the yacht, which had royally pissed Liam off.

The apology is nice, but what I really enjoy about this scene is when Jasper joins them at the table. The way he says, "what's going on?" makes it seem like he's suspicious of why Liam is talking to Annie. And the way Liam stares up at him for a few seconds shows that he doesn't really like the guy. Or is a bit suspicious of him as well.

After Liam walks away, you can tell that Annie is already thinking about forgiving him. And while I think she was way too quick to accept his (and Naomi's) apologies, I'm glad that they gave us this scene. I think it nicely sets up the events that happen in the next few of their episodes together.
hmmm
This scene was like a breath of fresh air , lol. I mean how long haven't they interacted ? As you say it's about 9 episodes :S I should say I almost lost my hope by that time . But it really means much that Liam understand that he was guilty . I'm also wondering if Liam already knew by that time that Jasper is a drugdealer ?! If I'm not mistaken he does , but the way he looks at him , makes me think that he cares about her and that this guy can bring some troubles!

I also would love Annie not to forgive him and Naomi so fast , there is no reason for that . He reconciled with her and only then decided to come clean in front of Annie , kinda selfish , no ?

Overall I think I liked this scene , because :
1. it was their first scene in long time
2. Liam apologized , although he could stay away from that . It's not like if he cared about her since "boat scene"
hmmm
This scene was nice , but I wish there was more , instead of : "I wanted to tell her , but her sister-Jen threatened me ..." could have been said something more , like I was such an idiot or whatever , just something that would point out his fault one more time :P I absolutely don't care what he could tell about Naomi's feelings or her sister ...... also if I would be Annie , I wouldn't even give him a chance to say a word , only ignore , she just way too fast forgave him , just because he slept with Naomi's sister didn't excuse him ... he still could say it way earlier , what have changed now ? result is same : Naomi WAS hurt to know it's her sister!

Overall scene I liked , with all Jasper/Liam pressure !