Harry Potter The ending of an era, DH2, approve hoặc disapprove, and thoughts upon...

karenmiller1972 posted on Jan 10, 2012 at 05:23AM
Okay, been thinking a little lately as I look at comments of others, both here and on other similar HP themed clubs.

And I have to ask, how many of you were disappointed by how DH2 ended, and what disappointed you the most?

But, I also have to say, I wish they would have diverged from JKR's version in one respect.

I wanted more of a summation for the epilogue. Something in the tradition of Star Wars and especially, Lord of the Rings. LotR's had such an epilogue, letting you know the endings of each beloved character that you had spent the past 3 years with.

How much more would it have been to give us a little more of the endings of characters we had spent EIGHT years with? More if you count from when the books first came out to the completion of the movies themselves.

I wish that if they found the need to supposedly make the ending more 'dramatic' and whatever excuse they give, that they would have kept the validation of Severus Snape by Harry Potter and expanded on the epilogue more, given us more of a goodbye with our favorite characters that we have lived with and shared with for the past years.

I find it something of a disappointment when comparing HP to other epic sagas. It seems as if they have failed, after following a great epic completely through SEVEN books into EIGHT movies, and you compare that epilogue with those of other epics and sagas, and it seems a little lame.

Harry Potter 2 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua mizmichella said…
angelic
I LIKED IT ALL
hơn một năm qua karenmiller1972 said…
Oh, never think that I didn't like it, I loved it while I was watching all the series.
Looking back though, I really wish there had just been, well, 'more' to the ending.

Can you tell me that you wouldn't have liked, during the epilogue, if it had shown Minerva McGonagal (she is, to me, rather iconic, one of the pillars of the the Hogwart's world), a repaired, but maybe still scarred, Hogwarts and grounds.

Are there others you would have liked to know about? I understand they couldn't without going past what JKR envisioned...but, I guess I wanted just a more, complete ending, just, as I said, more...