FanFiction.net The Best Moments

MrsSiriusB posted on Mar 15, 2012 at 08:16AM
Oh look. I'm back. :D

There's always a moment or two in a book that you like that always hits you hard. The raw emotion, the vivid description, the tugging of your heart. Those moments may be sweet, it may be romantic, it may be funny, but it's a moment that is powerful enough to bring up emotions in you that no other parts in the book could. Find one of those moments in a book, any book, and share it here. Or maybe it's not a book. Maybe it's a movie or a TV show. If that's the case, then describe that scene. It can be dialogues, or just descriptions, or both. The main point is that it must be a part that you find powerful.

last edited on Mar 15, 2012 at 08:20AM

FanFiction.net 2 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua MrsSiriusB said…
crying
The Hunger Games series has some fantastic and emotionally powerful scenes that are truly unforgettable. Here's one from the second book in the trilogy, Catching Fire.

Peeta crouches down on the other side of her and strokes her hair. When he begins to speak in a soft voice, it seems almost nonsensical, but the words aren’t for me. “With my paint box at home, I can make every color imaginable. Pink. As pale as a baby’s skin. Or as deep as rhubarb. Green like spring grass. Blue that shimmers like ice on water.”
The morphling stares into Peeta’s eyes, hanging on to his words.
“One time, I spent three days mixing paint until I found the right shade for sunlight on white fur. You see, I kept thinking it was yellow, but it was much more than that. Layers of all sorts of color. One by one.” says Peeta.
The morphling’s breathing is slowing into shallow catch-breaths. Her free hand dabbles in the blood on her chest, making the tiny swirling motions she so loved to paint with.
“I haven’t figured out a rainbow yet. They come so quickly and leave so soon. I never have enough time to capture them. Just a bit of blue here or purple there. And then they fade away again. Back into the air,” says Peeta.
The morphling seems mesmerized by Peeta’s words. Entrances. She lifts up a trembling hand and paints what I think might be a flower on Peeta’s cheek.
“Thank you,” he whispers. “That looks beautiful.”
For a moment, the morphling’s face lights up in a grin and she makes a small squeaking sound. Then her blood-dappled hand falls back onto her chest, she gives one last huff or air, and the cannon fires. The grip on my hand releases.

Please excuse me while I hide in the corner and cry pathetically.
hơn một năm qua EppofangirlXD said…
wink
I don't know, but I've always found this scene hilarious in ponytail30527's story, Complicated Love Story:

The group worked industriously, but they quickly grew tired.

Athena was giving rapid orders. "Elli," she yawned, "could you pass me the vinegar-water solution? Marshal, could you get the boron?" She asked the two. Elli politely gave her the vinegar-water, but Marshal wasn't in a friendly mood today, I suppose.

"Ugh," Marshal groaned, "Get it yourself! Don't be a MORON."

"Ha, nice!" Peanut exclaimed, before fisting him.

"Guys, come on! We only have 20 minutes before my dad is back from recon!"

"Quit the rhyming, before it get a freak on!" Maurisa said, but then she covered her mouth. "Wow, it's contagious!" She said in disbelief.

"I shall make a rap about it!" Prince J.J. exclaimed, and before anyone could protest, he began. "There once was a penguin, who needed some boron, but then another penguin said she was a moron, and their parents would soon be back from recon, and if we don't quit it with the rhyming, there would be a freak on!" He rapped.

There was an awkward silence as the kids stared at the lemur prince strangely.

"Thank you, I'll take that as a compliment," Prince J.J. said, bowing down.

"Hand-" Lucky started.

"-Her-" Eggy said.

"-The-" Nellie said.

"-Boron." Lilly said, finishing their common duckling brother-sister thing.

"Fine..." Marshal grumbled, before handing her the boron.

And I still remember this scene even though this fanfic was published two years ago.