X-Men This hoặc That?

buffyl0v3r44 posted on Nov 17, 2011 at 11:16PM
this is really easy to play... basically some one just post two things and then the next person answers it and then posts there own question.
Example:
Wolverine or Cyclops
then someone would answer one or the other, then they would post something... Get it?
HAVE FUN!

X-Men 44 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua buffyl0v3r44 said…
heart
Wolverine or Cyclops
hơn một năm qua Alycat4848 said…
Cyclops due to the fact that he is a true old fashioned hero.

Deadpool or Madrox?
hơn một năm qua x-menobsessed26 said…
Deadpool. I can't think of anyone more insane but still likeable.

Havok or Iceman?
Havok. Iceman just can't compete with a Summers in my book

Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch?
Scarlet Witch

X-Men: Messiah Complex or X-Men: Second Coming
Complex. I mean I liked Second Coming but Messiah Complex was more suspenseful, less depressing, and less disappointing.

X Men Evolution Wolverine or Wolverine and the X Men Wolverine?
X-men Evolution Wolverine. He wasn't in the spotlight as much AND he wasn't such a hardass. Both good points in my book.

X-men: the Last stand or X-men Origins: Wolverine
It's a hard choice but I would have to go with Last Stand. I loved Origins more before I read the comics but Last Stand at least wasn't so much of a total Wolverine show

X Men TAS episode Cold Comfort or Beauty and the Beast?
Wow. I can't believe it's been 10 months!

I would have to go with Cold Comfort. Nothing is better than an Iceman and Polaris feature with X-Factor as a background show.

Alrighty...umm...Hellfire Club or Phoenix Five?
Hellfire Club. Just say no to the Phoenix Five. They don't even make sense taking Phoenix history into account. And their costumes suck. The Hellfire Club may have stupid costumes too but they've got class at least.

The Inhumans or the Avengers (only slightly X Men affiliated but they've had their share of X Men members)
Ooo...I'd have to go with the Avengers. Mostly because, while the Avengers have their exceptions, they are mostly just regular old humans. The inhumans are from a genetically modified history, where as with the Avengers, their experiences modified them.

Zombieverse or Ultimate Marvel
Oh Zombieverse definitely. Super powered zombies are way more terrifying than running zombies. Also you'd feel like a total badass if survived for pretty much any amount of time. Not to mention that fact that the Zombieverse had Ashley J. Williams of S-Mart! Temporarily sure but man if him and a non zombified Deadpool teamed up who knows what wacky hijinks would insue! I'd actually probably pee my pants with excitement if they announced that team up. Also the Ultimate verse doesn't have real Cable and it has the twincetuos wonders Wanda and Pietro. It's just horrid in so many ways that I care about.

X Men TAS Jean or X Men Evolution Jean?
Definitely X-men : Evolution Jean. In X-men TAS, I feel like they made her your typical damsel in distress girl so other characters would succeed in looking more badass. X-men : Evolution Jean also seemed to fit how she always appeared in my mind more than X-men TAS by far.

X-men with telepathy or telekinesis?
This question was so difficult for me too answer I had to think on it for two months before replying (It totally wasn't because I put it off for whatever reason then forgot about it but am not replying to put off working on a paper.) It's hard to choose because so many telekinetics have telepathy and vice versa. I'd say I prefer telepaths a bit because I find that there are more enjoyable just plain telepaths than just plain telekinetics. I mean you've got Monet St. Croix and Psylocke and....... Anyways when I compare them to plain telekinetics (Hellion) they just can't compete.

Ruby Summers or Nate Grey?
Ooo...that's a difficult question. I...hmm, with the terms of powers I definitely prefer Nate's, though Ruby's are certainly interesting, but as a person? I'm not quite sure, but I think Nate beats her out.

Okay...marital status! Do you prefer single or married X-men?
Hm.... Well of course a lot of my favorites have been married. Nate, Jamie, Pietro, Layla, Scott, Jean, Maddy, Erik. I have plenty of single favorites too. I say it comes down to are they more interesting when they are married or when they are single? I always thought Nate worked well as a widower. It's almost a conventional tragedy but it plays different with Nate. Of course Scott acted fairly horrible when he was married to Maddy and when married to Jean. I'll go with single though they doesn't necessarily mean never been married. A lot of characters work well with that kind of tragedy in their background (Nate, Erik, Pietro) and some characters are just treated horribly when they are married (Jean, Maddy, Scott) so they just work better when they're single or just dating.

Avengers:X-Sanction or Cable:Blood and Metal?
Another difficult choice, but I have to go with Avengers : X-Sanction, just because I love the protectiveness toward Hope that Cable has. I almost didn't choose it because it led to AvX, but I feel that (please don't kill me) Cable:Blood and Metal was a little boring.

X-men TAS Cyclops or X-men movie Cyclops
(P.S Don't worry I chose two of my least liked Cable mini series.)
Well TAS Cyclops is more like his comic counterpart. But there is that horrible "not" line. But Movie Scott isn't given anything to do. Of course he does look cuter. Hm. As much as I know this is expected I'll choose TAS Scott just because he actually gets to be a leader.

Kenji aka Zero or Gabriel aka Velocidad?
Velocidad by far. I just couldn't connect with Kenji for some reason, and I always felt really bad for Gabriel for his life having to be shortened by his powers.

Magik or Daytripper?
I've always wanted to like Daytripper but I just never took much interest with her. Magik was very easy to like especially when she was an adorable little girl so I'd say Magik. She's just so tragic and cute and she always gets kidnapped or dies and you feel bad even if you don't read a lot about her.

Stacey Kramer or Irene Merryweather?
last edited hơn một năm qua
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Life took over, unfortunately. My answer would be Irene Merryweather hands down. I found her to be a much more interesting character where as Stacey was as boring as white paint.

Aleytys Forrester or Colleen Wing?
I almost want to choose Wing because it's probably expected that I'd choose Lee but sadly I have to go with the obvious choice and choose Lee but I swear it's not because of Cable. No it's because this chick took in Mags even after she had already seen him as a bad guy. Not only didn't she nurse him back to health even though he was a bad guy she got him to fall (at least temporarily) for a human. Now that takes some skill.

X-Men TAS Beast or X-Men Evolution Beast?

X-men Evolution's Beast. I was never a huge fan of him in the comics, even outright disliking him at times, and TAS really just reminds me of him. There are times I really love him in TAS, but I find him to be a much more loveable and engaging character in Evolution. I also love how he makes Evan speak Shakespeare. XD

Wolverine and the X-men episodes : "Time Bomb" or "eXcessive Force".
Well on one hand you've got an episode with Mr. Sinister and Jamie that also brings Jean back while on the other hand you have an episode with Psylocke that introduces a little known Marvel character to a wider audience. I'll go with Time Bomb because the use of Nitro especially considering he was portrayed as a victim of his powers unlike in Civil War where he's just malicious. They didn't do the best job with Psylocke but they did better with her than they did with Jamie.

Adreinne Frost or Graydon Creed?
Definitely Graydon Creed because I find his anger towards the mutant race considering his genetics especially fascinating, and how one person can be so hateful (though that seems to come about more often than not anymore). Adreinne was a little flat, and I always find it intriguing how humans can bring so much torment to the mutant race.

Legion or Hope Summers
Normally this would be an easy answer for me but I decided I shouldn't just use the knee jerk reaction and should think about it for a while. Now I loved little Hope. She was adorable and it was nice to see Cable being a parent. But now that she's grown up she tends to get on my nerves and I think this is because she is very much like Cable at that age or even Nate Grey. Besides the excess of arrogance and lack of experience turning me off I also find it unrealistic. I've been raised in a single parent family pretty much all my life but I'm not exactly like my mother was at my age. I'm not even remotely like my mother was at my age. So why should Hope be almost a carbon copy of teenage Nate? David is the more realistic portrayal of someone's kid. Him and Xavier aren't terribly alike which makes sense considering they were raised in two different environments and had different experiences growing up. I also like that David's various mental illnesses weren't just written away like a lot of X Men with mental trauma. They're something that he still struggles with and will probably always struggle with (if Marvel doesn't fuck it up too much.) So in theory I prefer Legion as a character even if I read more Hope because her stores tend to be more relevant to my interests.

Madison Jeffries or Forge?
*sighs* I apologize for taking so long on this one. I suppose I was being stupid, but I was sort of hoping other people would get involved. Fat chance in this low activity club. Anyway, the answer is a no contest with me. Madison Jeffries. I'm unashamed to say that most of my reason for picking him was his relationship to Diamond Lil, but I think that is also a valid point. Any relationships with Forge never made me smile like a stereotypical romanticized girl or make me genuinely sad to see end or anything. Forge never really made much of an impression with me until the break off with Storm and his times with Mystique. That's really it. He seemed like a bit of a bland character they just threw together because they wanted someone with his powers. He had great potential, I'll give him that, but Marvel had to go and ruin everything as usual (in my opinion, of course).

Shadowcat or Mirage?
I know what you mean. It would be nice if this was more than just a back and forth between the two of us but at least there are two of us. I've got to say I've never much cared for Danny personally. She just never interested me and the few times I've seen her she seemed kind of bitchy without being able to pull it off. She was good in the New X Men series and I admire her still being part of the X Men even without powers but I've got to go with Kitty on this one. I've always thought Kitty was terribly likable even if she's never been high on my list and she really is one of the X Men's best success stories. She's gone from a young, naive girl to a strong, mature woman and the process has seemed uncontrived and natural.

Wind Dancer or Wallflower?
That's true. It is nice to have at least one X-knowledgeable person to converse with. Now this is a difficult choice, especially since they are roommates/friends themselves. I love Sofia and admire her for not giving up like so many mutants after they were depowered, but I have to go with Laurie. Laurie is one of those characters that seems to effectively pull off the affects of Murphy's Law. I mean, was there anything that seemed to go right for her that DIDN'T end up later having dire consequences? I also saw much potential within her character and was saddened with her death so soon.

Katherine Farrell or Patricia Tilby (I know they're not directly involved with X-men, but they're (obviously) associated with a few of the mutants. I still hope that counts.)
I'll admit I don't know a lot about these women off the top of my head so this answer required a little research. I like the idea of the reporter who is skeptical of superheros and who will look at them from all angles to paint a truer picture but Katherine does not seem to be that reporter. It's nice that she wants more average everyday heroes to get recognition but the fact that she uses the term "capes" shows she has no respect for superheroes when they deserve at least a little credit. Patricia has her flaws too but I can really admire her dedication to her job and letting people know the truth. Should that be considered more important than people's feelings and wishes all the time? Well no of course but she could be pursuing a much less noble cause.

Utopia or Providence?
I have to go with Providence, because absolutely nothing, NOTHING, N-O-T-H-I-N-G good seems to happen on, with, or around Utopia. Not only that, but Providence had a reason for being destroyed. Utopia #2 was the result of Phoenix enforced arrogance which fell apart.

Starjammers or Clan Askani (yes, I tried to personalize one to make it even more interesting. So sue me!)
This required a bit of thought since I love both these groups and I want to do them both justice. In a weird way they’re kind of similar. They were both formed to help create a better future for the “outcasts” of a certain society though both groups are pretty much disbanded now with only a few scattered members remaining. The Starjammers are certainly the more fun group being pirates and actually having a sense of humor while the Askani are more serious and wholeheartedly devoted to their cause. And really it’s this all or nothing devotion that makes me love them so much (not to say Corsair’s group isn’t devoted but willingly giving up your life just to deliver a message is damn hardcore.) I hate to always choose the obvious answer but I have to give it to the Askani. Their dedication to making the world better is so inspiring and I can only hope to have a fraction of that kind of dedication to literally anything (and it totally has nothing to do with the fact that Rachel used the name Alyr’n which is terribly close to my nickname.)

Mercury or X-23?
big smile
X-23

X-Men comics in the 1960's or X-Men comics in the 1970's
AH! That's a tough one, but I'm going to go with the 60's. I don't think people give enough credit to the original five X-men and the few that joined before Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, etc. got there. Yes, the dialogue was cheesy. Yes, the characters usually fell a little flat and the fights weren't fabulous, but it was the first and it was beautiful.

Acolytes or Brotherhood of Evil Mutants?
Well the Acolytes certainly have the less stupid name. Though normally I'd give the Acolytes at least some points for their devotion I just cannot get behind a cult that reminds me of a super-powered Manson family. The Brotherhood had plenty of creepy and horrible moments too but at least they knew Magneto was only human (ha).

Marrow or Mystique?
As much as I dislike Mystique at times, I find myself voting for her here. I really just don't understand why Marrow needs to exist as a character at all. She seems to flip-flop in her ideals more than Mystique ever did and is a kinda flat character. Mystique also has time on her side with having been there for a while longer and having relations to the X-men with Nightcrawler and Rogue, which give her some staying power.

Hepzibah or Feral?
Well I do love psycho characters. People like Feral, Stryfe, or Tira (Soul Calibur) make for some very interesting stories even if they aren't the kind of people you'd want to meet on the street. Though Feral did try to kill/help kidnap a baby so that's going to cost her some points. As obvious as it may be I'm going to have to go with Hepzibah. She's a total badass and her lack of reservations toward killing her enemies (especially the Shi'ar) just make her more interesting without becoming an all out bad guy. Feral just never was terribly likable. Sure she had a horrible childhood and all that tragic stuff but she still never really seemed sympathetic to me and if you can't be sympathetic you'd better be boderline high off your own evil. Feral sadly is neither.

X-Men: Evolution X-23 or Wolverine and the X-Men X-23?
Definitely X-men: Evolution X-23. Not only is it her debut as a character, which gives it some major height, but in WATX, she was just...there. She didn't really do or say much. Evolution managed to make her look badass and innocent at the same time. Not to mention that, but her relationship with others has always been crucial to her character, and we just don't see much of that in WATX. In Evolution, she actually hugged The Wolverine! The freaking WOLVERINE!

Sauron or Toad?
Well Toad certainly has the pity factor going for him. Being abandoned as a child then bullied at the orphanage and wrongly diagnosed as mentally retarded does give him a good excuse for some of the less than great things he did later in life. Of course Sauron has a bit of a tragic past too and though it is not near as tragic as Toad's past you can't help but get emotionally involved in his little love story. I'm going to go with Sauron for two big superficial reasons. One, he is a were-pteranodon, a freaking WERE-PTERANODON! Two, he named himself after a Lord of the Rings character. That is just so nerdy I've got to love it.

English Betsy or Japanese Betsy?
Japanese Betsy for sure. Even though she is technically still English in mentality, she just seems to work better with the Japanese bod rather than the English, as weird as that is. Yes, I'm getting really nit-picky and kinda shallow, but who cares? It's the X-men! I think with our dedication throughout even the crappiest of crappy, we should be entitled. ;)

Mariko Yashida or Silverfox?
hơn một năm qua SillySpork22 said…
Silverfox. Mariko was blah.

X-men Origins: Wolverine or The Wolverine?
The Wolverine, by far. X-men Origins is one of the worst excuses for a comic adaption that I've ever seen.

Shadowcat or Jubilee?
hơn một năm qua FireNIce17 said…
Shadowcat. I like Jubilee, but Kitty is...well, she's Kitty.

Teleportation or Flying?
Flying! Not as quick, but infinitely more fulfilling.

X-men (2000) or X-men: First Class