Sherlock Holmes How did bạn become a fan?

mark5 posted on May 22, 2010 at 09:28PM
Was it love at first reading/sight, or was it something that came with time? Tell us about your introduction to this world...

Sherlock Holmes 10 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua mark5 said…
smile
For me Holmes was a bit of an oddity for a long time, because I first saw him in films (I don't remember what versions) and he was this arrogant intellgent man with Watson tagging after him. The two seemed to have nothing in common, and Watson seemed to be there only for comical relief or to wow at Holmes's brilliance.

And then there was Jeremy Brett... I remember seeing the first episode of the series, A Scandal in Bohemia. Now, there was a character to blow your mind! I could see why he needed Watson, not just why Watson was fascinated by him.
That's when I started reading the stories. So, thank you Jeremy Brett, wherever you are!

As for Watson, I liked David Burke, but I loved Edward Hardwicke. It is so obvious with him that Watson has a warm heart, that he cares for Holmes a great deal, but that he is also his own man. I love it when he gets annoyed with Holmes and he scolds him, like a responsible parent. I think Holmes loves it too.
hơn một năm qua futterwaken said…
heart
I always knew him as the world's greatest detective,until 4th grade.I saw some of his movies,read some of his books & fell in love with the guy.I cried so hard during "The Final Problem" that the book is no longer readable.
hơn một năm qua NickHarrier2094 said…
tongue
actually i watched this anime called detective school q, and then i kinda got interested in mysteries; this made me read the holmes stories, and now i'm a big fan, i've read the series 3 times
hơn một năm qua Frazeree said…
Well, I just flicked through some channels and came upon Sherlock Homes. I then watched it, got the complete dvd collection and have now watched most of them! I love Sherlock Holmes so much :)
hơn một năm qua MasterOfFear said…
I honestly can't remember. I know that I've read the books, and i didn't even know that there were any TV shows. I think i was waiting around i bookstore and started reading it to pass the time and ended up liking it or something.
hơn một năm qua RukiaSaixPuppy said…
big smile
In 7th grade, our assignment was to read a story called "The Dying Detective". After that, I was interested in the other Sherlock Holmes stories and read all of them in about a month. Ever since, Sherlock Holmes has been my favorite series and my favorite fictional character.^^
hơn một năm qua buddy2blogger said…
I first read the story 'The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle' in my high school. I was hooked instantly and proceeded to devour the entire collection of 56 short stories and 4 novels and there has no looking back ever since... :)
hơn một năm qua SherlockWatson said…
They always showed Sherlock Holmes movies and series while I was growing up. I always knew and loved him! XD

Never liked the bumbling idiot Watson though. I am so glad Dr. Watson is back to being a respectful character
hơn một năm qua juliet98 said…
i think i watched some murder films (not just about doyle's novels) and i decided to read some. Now i read SH stories and poirot stories too
hơn một năm qua eloc5555 said…
As a very young insomniac I watched late night movies before the stations signed off. One of them started showing the complete Rathbone-Bruce collection on Saturday nights so I saw the whole cycle. at age 13 we read The Speckled Band Mystery in school and I was delighted to be the only student familiar with the character. Just that once I solved the mystery before Holmes did.