No Doubt "No Doubt" vs. "Gwen Stefani"

cressida posted on Mar 21, 2007 at 11:18AM
"No Doubt", no doubt.

Now, this is a comparison between the band No Doubt and the singer-entity, not Gwen vs. Adrian-Tony-Tom. I love Gwen Stefani and wish I were her in success, talent, and beauty - always have been and always will be. That being said, I really dislike the solo singer Gwen Stefani for several reasons:

#1: Why the hell is Gwen sampling from famous musicals? Rich Girl = Fiddler On The Roof? Wind Up = Sound of Music? They make me throw up a little in my mouth whenever I hear those songs. Let Jewel yodel, Gwen.

#2: The growing dumbness of her lyrics. Compare "Just A Girl" to "Wind Up". Have we really "evolved" from a smart, sarcastic song about how society forces females to be girls, that "that's all that you'll let me be..." to "they like that way that L.A.M.B. is going across my shirt; they like the way my pants, it compliments my shape"?

#3: Gwen has turned from a symbol of strong female identity, empowerment & strength who is also attractive but not slutty-sexy ...to a bad knock-off version of Fergie (as I once read a news article reviewing her new CD describe her - and that's bad!). I want to cry when I think that girls in middle school will grow up thinking of her as yet another pop-dance-trying-to-dance chick and not as the ska-punk princess I grew to love her as.

But that, of course, is my opinion.
last edited on Mar 21, 2007 at 11:24AM

No Doubt 2 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua KaiserBloc said…
I think the fact that she can do both is her best asset to be honest. When girls find out she had this ska punk background and is now all glamorous and married, never mind being a 'Mom', it will make them believe they can change whenever they want and do anything they feel like, not just what they have been pigeon-holed as.
hơn một năm qua whatchamean1 said…
I agree, sadly :)