Harry Potter vs Chạng vạng 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter vs Chạng vạng 54807 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1851-1900 of 54807

hơn một năm qua tournesol said…
2377.- Harry has FRIENDS!!! and the better ones... they could give their lives for him...
what about bella?
2378.- Bella falls into a depresion when edward leaves her... Ginny was sad, of course, bet she wasn't out there trying to kill herself just to see harry!!
2379.- Personality is more important that beauty!!
2780.- jk gives importance to secunday characters, she gives them personality!!
how would you explain that theres so many people taht loves bellatrix, lupin, weasley twins, etc... even there're admirors from teddy luppin, who was just mentioned in the book...
Smeyer just write about the main characters, just worried about their fellings and emotions...
When i read TW i was wanting too know a lot about Carlisle and esme, but, well, edwards pale skin was important!!
hơn một năm qua mooimafish17 said…
Great reasons tournesol - i did no that about Hermione and Ginny - how did you find it out??
hơn một năm qua LunaLizbeth said…
There is a Harry Potter Wikipedia. Here is the link. link
hơn một năm qua LoveforSeverus said…
What team did Ginny play for? I would wanna play for the Heidelburg Harriers! I <3 Germany.
sad
It doesn't say.....
blush
I'm srry I relooked and she played for the Holyhead Harpies
hơn một năm qua potterrox said…
Another suprising thing that happens after the books end is that george and angelina get together!

hơn một năm qua souflizzle317 said…
^ I know! Ever since Goblet of Fire when Fred asked Angelina to the Yule Ball, I thought it would be so cute if they ended up together but then BAM Fred goes and gets killed by a Death Eater (me=bawling) and so his brother marries her and has two kids and names one of them Fred ): (that's a good thing, i just put a sad face because it's really touching) Sorry if someone hasn't read Deathly Hallows yet and I just completely ruined Fred's death...

2381. JKR took the time after Deathly Hallows to work out a whole family tree for the Weasleys, with Luna and Draco as a side note:

Bill & Fleur had three kids, Victoire, Dominique, and Louis
Charlie didn't get married
Percy married Audrey something and had two daughters - Molly and Lucy
Fred died ):
George married Angelina and had two kids, Fred and Roxanne
Ron clearly married Hermione and they had Rose and Hugo
And Ginny obviously married Harry and had James, Albus and Lily

ANDD to make it even better, Luna married Rolf Scamander (the author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Newt Scamander's grandson) which is perfect because Luna's all nature-ish and crazy (in a good way) and Newt Scamander wrote about magical creatures and she married his grandson so..yeah. And they had two kids, Lorcan (possibly named after Lorcan d'Eath? Wizard of the Month in November 2006) and Lysander (possibly named after the character in A Midsummer Night's Dream)

AND!!!!! there's more, Draco even settled down and got married (Astoria/Asteria Greengrass) and had a son Scorpius.

No one could ever doubt for a minute that JKR completely and totally wins the creativity, originality, detail, and dedication prize between her and Smeyer
smirk
yes... is like.. JKR loves her characters... but she is not in love with them!!
hơn một năm qua TeamSiriusBlack said…
^Exactly. Meyer loves her characters way too much. She said she would leave her husband if Jacob/Edward came to her door.
hơn một năm qua venvargie said…
^ I feel bad for her husband.
Poor guy's gotta put up with the chick.
If I were him, I'd have left her AGES ago.
hơn một năm qua ravynflyte said…
2382. Even the directors of Eclipse thought it sucked. XD They changed the plot a LOT and they made up backstories for some people. Tsk tsk, SMeyer.
^holy sh*t. freaking Twihards are gonna go insane tho
laugh
Haha!
Wow, that's gotta say something.
xD
^^^lol at twi-hards when they go to watch it - had a thought, maybe this will be the first time in history the movie will be better than the book.......

.....oh wait, i forgot they cant act!! Never mind.
2383. The person the TS director hired to be half naked the whole time hates to take his shirt off.
2384. HP fans don't get excited when their hair is brown(recent mlit post)
heart
^^ LOL!
"2384. HP fans don't get excited when their hair is brown(recent mlit post)"

Wow...that's sad...
^^yes,yes it is
^yeah the chick said "i just realised my hair is brown like bellas!"
hơn một năm qua TeamSiriusBlack said…
Fail, that girl fails.
And how did she only just now notice she was a brunette?
*sighs and shakes head*
And my faith in humanity has dropped yet again.
hơn một năm qua xxbewitchedxx said…
I'm sure that the fact that the parodies of TS are 1000 times better and funnier than the books, but I found these two recently and i think that it would be appreciated here :) link and link
wink
^^my sister and I once saw a spoof and Bella was a burger. The sad part is, the burger was a better actor!
cool
what reason are we on now coz i got one - we have some of the best actors of not just there generation but of all time - Gambon, Maggie Smith, John Hurt, Fiona Shaw, Richard Griffiths and Miriam Margolyes to name but a few names that will go down in history
^^Bit of a drama geek sorry :)
^Helena Carter and Alan Rickman!!! My favs :) and duh the burger was better. it had more facial expressions.
^Helena Carter??? What....?

Oh wait, never mind, I get it :) Sorry, I'm just used to saying Helena Bonham Carter so it looked really strange for a second. But yes, I agree, she and Alan Rickman are amazing! And like mooimafish17 said, Maggie Smith and Richard Griffiths are two more of my favorites from the films as well :)

whatever reason we're on now: Even the Twilight fans at my school make fun of the series, which is amusing but also a bit stupid considering they're kind of contradicting themselves. As one girl I know said: "I love the series, but I like to make fun of it too." Okay....what?

whatever reason we're on now #2: Smeyer=homophobe. JKR=made the mentor and genius of her series gay. Who wins? I don't think I even need to say it.

" ^ " #3: Thestrals. Hippogriffs. Nifflers. And many more. These are the creatures JKR created and made interesting. Sparkly vampires and werewolves that are conveniently changed to shape-shifters at the end of the series so that they "make sense". This is what Smeyer created? Wow....
hơn một năm qua IAmSlytherin said…
2385. J. K. Rowling has to be many different people with different personalities. Like be funny for Fred and George, smart for the Professors (sometimes so smart I don't have a clue what she's talking abouy), and then Dumbledore, who is good to quote.. but I dont really know what to call him.

Twilight on the other hand.. well I can't explain it... just not as good like that :P
yeeees you are so righ!! she has to think and fell in a loot of different ways!...
big smile
2386.- i don't know if it's said but... you can acctually watch a Harry Potter with your Boyfriend, he probably would like it and goona invite you to the next one...
if you saw an SMeyer with your boyfrien.. he would felt bad about not beig so "perfect", or more probably would laugh at you... and then he will never let you choose again!
laugh
2387. I see no twihards crashing Harry potter premiers, while at twilight showings there is always that person who yells something about Cedric diggory.
^HORRAY FOR CEDRIC!

and,yes, I meant Helena Bonham Carter.
hơn một năm qua MegzGinny said…
55. When i started twilight i could hardly get into the story cuase meyer takes different styles all the time but jkr always keeps her magical but realastic style kids argue, parents nag, but in twilight bella is like a wooden doll she hasn't got ANY personality and just likes edward cuase hes hot and she doesn't think shes lucky lots of boys fancy her. SO HP RULES TWILIGHT DROOLS
^that was reason 2388.
hơn một năm qua potterrox said…
This is scary. I was on babynames.com, because I'm working on a novel and was looking for names for my characters, and the name renesmee came up. Yes, its actually a legitimate baby name, thanks to smeyer. And what's worse, is that there are uploaded photos of babies named renesmee. I pity those children!
link
hơn một năm qua emlincr said…
2389: HP books actually makes you fall in love with the character and not just in a romantic way. Twihards just fall in love with Edward because of his sparkly skin but that's all. When I read breaking dawn and that one chick died (don't remember her name) I was like, "Oh wow, cool that's so sad *sarcasm*." But I was bawling my eyes out when Hedwig died! :( And I cried even harder when Fred died.

And #1, nobody important in Twilight dies because SMeyer is too scared to kill any of her characters and #2, I bet if Bella died, Twihards would actually be happy cause they think they'll have a chance with Edward. That actually happened. A Twihard was plotting to kill Bella so that she could have a shot with Edward :o WTF?
meh
ohh! that's soo rigth!!!..

poor kids with stupid moms... who the hell can call her baby renesmee? she is going be a bullying suffered girl!
crying
"she is going be a bullying suffered girl!"

I see an heros in the not so distant future.
Poor freaking kid. Bellatrix is on there though! However, Bellatrix is a name from a star in the constellation Orion and she and her name have been around forever. Unlike Renesmee which was made up for some lame book. Her mother is going to regret that eventually. (However most of the Harry Potter names have cool meanings that JKR just put into the book) <- like "Draco" that's a constellation of a dragon and is Latin for "Dragon". So eat that Meyer!!!!
hơn một năm qua PygmyPuff14 said…
hmmm
@potterrox: Wow... And it says Renesmee means "Reborn and Loved". What the hell? Renesmee means MONSTER!
2390. There are no "Buffy staked Harry" T-shirts :P
2391. Let's compare the two forums: 1000 reasons why Harry Potter is better than Twilight - not only reached the goal, but has 1390 *extra* reasons (not counting this one). 1000 reasons why Twilight is better than Harry Potter - it's not even clear because there's more HP fans over there than Twilight but it looks there might be 11? 11 compared to 2391....interesting?

2392. when I was younger, I thought that Harry Potter was kind of a cliché with the whole magic wand, wizard & witch, owls thing. Then, I realized that I only thought it was cliché because I had grown up with Harry Potter so the things I thought were cliché were really JKR's own creativity and originality and I was just used to them. Twilight, on the other hand, really *does* lack originality. Smeyer created nothing in her books. Instead, she took literary devices that other authors had created (vampires, werewolves etc) and butchered them to meet her needs/sexual fantasies.

2393. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with plot or anything and it's not even really a reason why either series is better, but I find this kind of interesting. If you think about it, the three most popular and acclaimed literary fantasy series would be Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, and Harry Potter, in my opinion at least. I know there are more, but those are sort of the most famous and loved. Twilight seems to be trying to join the ranks of these amazing series. Now, let's just look at the authors of these series:
LOTR - J.R.R. Tolkien
Narnia - C.S. Lewis
Harry Potter - J. K. Rowling
Twilight - Stephenie Meyer

What do the first three authors have in common that the fourth doesn't? Initials. JRR. CS. JK. I know it's not important at all, but I think it's interesting that the three most famously loved (I think) fantasy authors use their initials and then their last names, and the author who is desperately trying to make her books the best literature in the world uses her full name...

2394. British boarding school is so much cooler than American public school.

2395. The strong female characters in Harry Potter are loved and a huge part of the outcome of the plot. They're not perfect, but they're great, well-developed characters. The female characters in Twilight who had the potential to be strong (Leah, Rosalie, Angela etc) were either portrayed as complete bitches (Leah, Rosalie) or just pushed to the side and ignored because she wasn't mythical (Angela). The women who fought for their rights and equality throughout history would be ashamed.

2396. Bella is shunned by Edward in science. He saves her from a van. He brings her to the nurse after she faints from seeing blood in science. She finds out that he's a vampire. He saves her from rapists and takes her to dinner. After these events, she decides she's "unconditionally and irrevocably" in love with him. WTF??? I'm sorry, but you don't fall in love after just that. They barely know each other! It took Harry six years of knowing Ginny to fall in love with her, and who knows how long it took Ron and Hermione to figure out it was love. Talking in terms of reality, most couples go out for months before falling in love and if you save someone from being run over, it's not instant love. Bella and Edward's instant love just proves that it's only lust for a hot guy, and for a girl who smells good.
about reason 2393.... and look who is most well known now!
2397 - A lot of the names and wisdoms of the book are linked to Ancient Greek Culture - which made me what to read more about it and expand my knowledge.

Twilight made me want to give up on Vampires
^ Same, I've pretty much given up on vampires because they've become synonymous with sparkling and Edward Cullen. Werewolves are almost as bad, but at least there's Lupin, and I can't give up hope on him :)
^what about Sanguini!!!!!