Harry Potter vs Chạng vạng 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter vs Chạng vạng 54807 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1301-1350 of 54807

hơn một năm qua mooimafish17 said…
cool
Potterrox - yeah, sometime lol, what do you call them!!

cant believe we are so close - im kinda proud!!
hơn một năm qua Narglesdidit said…
I read the twilight series and i liked it. the big words were unnessisary(SP?) and I din't like edward and bella or how there weren't any battles but everything else was okay. I personally did like harry potter better though. I like how Luna was an outcast but she ended up being one of the smartest nicest people in the series, but twilight didn't have anything, it was all too perfect...
hơn một năm qua TeamSiriusBlack said…
1987. There are ACTUAL battles. Not just talking out the problem.
1988. Smeyer copies; Tonks: Clumsy, Bella: Clumsy, Dean Thomas: Gets in the way of Ginny and Harry's relationship, Jacob does the same.
1989. We reread the books instead of just watching the movies all the time.
1990. There are histories to the characters and I mean that you could write a book about it and not just saying about how they almost died.
10 more till 2000 :]
laugh
1991.There are many gaps in Twilight. If Edward is 'frozen', then how the heck did she get pregnant?
1992. The actors are terrible in Twilight.
1993. No one IMPORTANT gets killed in Twilight. J K Rowling isn't afraid to do that.
1994. We know that wizards aren't real (sometimes we don't) but most Twilight fans think Edward would pop into their room.
1995. J K Rowling gives us the aftermath of the book. What happens to Harry (he grows up and has children). Twilight just ends up with Bella and Edward making out.
1996. The names in HP are unique and well researched. SMeyer just used random names.
1997. There is no one conflicted in Twilight where everyone thought they were evil but weren't (Snape was).
1998. We made almost 2000 reasons while the Twilight page didn't make 200.
1999. J K Rowling put some of her life experiences in the books. Dementors were created because she was depressed. S Meyer created Twilight because she dreamt it.
2000. There are other creature in Hp but not in Twilight.

WOOOT! We made it to 2000! WOOOOT!
hơn một năm qua 1-2vampire said…
mischievous
2001. People die, making it realistic when in twilight only the bad guys die and Bella seems to be the centre of attention for no reason what so ever.
hơn một năm qua mickjagger62442 said…
2002. Many male HP characters are sexy in ways that are subtle and mind-blowing. Harry, Fred, George, Cedric and so many more characters never had to explicitly express [or express at all] their sexual desires for me to engage in fantastical erotic daydreams about them ;D
hơn một năm qua potterrox said…
WE GOT TO 2000!!!!! IM SO PROUD OF US!!!!!!!!!!! *HAPPY CELEBRATION*
mickjagger- .... ok then....
hơn một năm qua HPlover3eva said…
Ummm HP has a Musical... I think that just wins
hơn một năm qua Pensieve_Seeker said…
@souflizzle317--You stated "Harry, on the other hand, had so much power in his hands by the end of Deathly Hallows. He had all three Hallows: the Resurrection Stone, the Elder Wand, and the Invisibility Cloak." It was only by verbally acknowledging his own mortality that he was able to become the possesser of the third and final Deathly Hallow (the resurrection stone) and it was that acknowledgement which made him the true master of death.
hơn một năm qua mickjagger62442 said…
cool
shut up, it was a good fucking reason and the only one i could quickly think of that hadn't already been stated!
hơn một năm qua minty19 said…
big smile
wow!!! we made it to 2000!! ..lets celebrate people..cheers!!
sunny
2000 - WOW WOOHOO LETS HAVE A PARTY

mickjagger62442 - for the record that kind of language is not fucking welcome here
hơn một năm qua LoveDraco123 said…
cool
Mooimafish17, HAHAHAHA. Lol. That made me laugh so hard. =P

Mickjagger62442, um, no offense but that is sorta perverted. =|

2000, babyy! YAY! =D I love all the people here. No- almost all the people here. =)
hơn một năm qua Athiya said…
Am I in your love-list, LoveDraco123? :p

Anyway, WHOO HOO!! 2000! I HELPED! (not really, I only did a few -,-) BUT STILL! YEAH!
moooimafish- Hahahahaha!
mickjagger- If you want to do that I really don't care. I do ask that you not share the gory details. Notice I'm being very polite. And not cursing at you. I'd thank you to do the same
hơn một năm qua DivyaHarry said…
Love you guys. Here's a hug for every Potter fan. Congrats on the 2000 mark.
 tình yêu bạn guys. Here's a hug for every Potter fan. Congrats on the 2000 mark.
DivyaHarry- Awwwww thanks. *virtually returns hug*
hơn một năm qua ForteMystery said…
2003.Do you know how many Twilight hate groups are on FaceBook?
Congrats on over 2000!
hơn một năm qua souflizzle317 said…
@Pensieve_Seeker

I know, my point was that all three of those objects are extremely powerful and he was in possession of them, which meant he literally had power in his hands. I didn't mean that he was the most powerful person in the world or anything. I would give a million more reasons to this forum but I have to go on a road trip :) Can't wait to read more reasons!!
hơn một năm qua janewwwu said…
2004: When the characters in Harry Potter died, I cried for all of them. When Bella or any of the Twilight 'good guys' died, I didn't even laugh sadistically. I knew they were going to live and they were worth nothing anyway.
2005. I'm meant to be doing by truckload of homework.
2006. SMeyer's writing made me skip pages at a time(without missing anything). J.K Rowling's made me hang on to every word and I had a perfect picture of what's happening in my head.
2007. You can skip the middle 200 pages of any Twilight book without missing much.
Does anyone plan to take every single sentence in Harry Potter and put it as a reason?
Thanks for the clarification, souflizzle.
heart
DivyaHarry- Awwwww thanks. *virtually returns hug*
no problem :)

2008. Adding to the perfection thing, the closest thing to a mentor in Twilight is Carlisle, and he is utterly perfect. The mentor in Harry Potter, Dumbledore, is far from perfect. He's a great man, and personally, I love him to death but he has flaws. The most prominent is that, as he admits in Deathly Hallows in King's Cross (kind of King's Cross), he's selfish. He says that he's "more selfish than a selfless person like yourself can imagine" or something along those lines. I don't remember the exact quote. He's a great wizard, and he grew more selfless and sacrificing as he got older, but especially in his childhood, he was selfish, and anti-Muggle, and had many other serious character flaws. This makes him realistic, and it made it so that he learned his lessons and *that* is why he's so brilliant. He made mistakes, and learned from them, instead of just being bitten and turned into a perfect piece of stone.
hơn một năm qua musicalclutz said…
This is no where near a point and has been mentioned before lots but in Harry Potter you get so attached to everything.. For example when Hedwig died I was ballin my eyes out and i couldnt read for five minutes because my eyes were all blury.

In twilight (i am a minor fan) when bella supposidly dies in the last book i felt the tears coming but not as bad as any body that died in harry potter.

When dumbledore died i was beyond crying. I was just in shock and was hoping that he would come back to life and it was a joke.. The pages of my book are proof that when i accepted he died i did cry.

And Dumbledore is gay. Its never mentioned in the book because it wasnt important really but jk had his whole life story down to his sexual preference figured out.. Everything and every body was thought out before they were even mentioned in the book. Petuninas hatred for wizards is acutally because she wasnt one and snapes hatred for harry is because he looks like james but snapes love is also because lily died to protect her son with her love and when snape sees harry he is seeing lilys undieing love.

And another also is lily has been dead in all the books but her character is so deveopled. We know of how he childhood was spent and the hardships she went through with hogwarts and the clicks. Losing good friends but also gaining good friends.

Harry Potter also has amazing morals.. Harry knew that he was going to have to face voldemart but he still stayed in school till the school turned into a hellhole death eater buffet. He thought about life but never got depressed for 4 FRICKEN MONTHS.

And i have read harry potter more that a dozen times and im still picking up on new things and devoloping it more in my head.. I've also had to re buy the series 3 times because the books get so warn out.. I still cant even justify paying money for twilight. I skipped the whole part with jacobs perspective in breaking dawn and missed nothing and in mew moon i skipped jacob again. Breaking dawn i still have yet to read all of the final battle scene..

My final say is that every book in the Harry Potter series is a reason why it is such a amzing series we will never forget. Every Character is a reason why it can never be compared fairly to twilight and every single freakin page is a reason why i love the world jkr created and will continue till i am on my death bed to read it and love it and cry during it.
Number - 2009 ^^
hơn một năm qua holesluver said…
WizardRock! Have you even heard of Twi-rock? I don't think so. :)
^^ 2010.

2011. on facebook, there is a princess bride quote day (where u make ur status a quote from that movie) and a harry potter quote day. i have never seen a twilight quote day.

2012. "Why does every1 prefer Harry potter???! It's annoying twilight is sooo much better n stephanie meyer is a great writter compaired 2 jk Rowling!!" I see this link off to the side every time I come to this forum. I know not all Twilighters are like this (spelling and grammar and all), but a lot of them are, and I've only ever seen one Harry Potter fan like that.
@musicalclutz--I believe you meant "bawlin' my eyes out", not "ballin' my eyes out" as the term "ballin'" is a slang term for having sex. (At least when I was growing up it was.)
hơn một năm qua LoveforSeverus said…
2013. I loved Harry Potter so much I am currently reading it to my grandmother. She loves it. It applies to all ages.
P.S. the only reason she's not reading it herself is because she is legally blind and can't see the words really well in books
hơn một năm qua PygmyPuff14 said…
Wow, this is one amazing spot!
@LoveforSeverus- That's so sweet :)

2014. We love our characters no matter how they look. Hermione is described as ugly, but none of us give a damn. We love her for what she is
2015. The love for Twilight may die down, but the love for Harry Potter never will.
2016. Sanguini > All sparkly twi-vamps
2017. I felt physically ill after reading Breaking Down. Deathly Hallows, on the other hand,exceeded all my expectations (and my expectations were pretty high)
2018. I know this has been mentioned many times before, but it deserves another mention: JKR can WRITE! Meyer can't!
2019. Harry's horrible temper in the 5th book was quite understandable. Bella (Meyer,rather)completely overdid the depression in New Moon. It was disturbing.
2020. There are practically no sensible reasons as to why Twilight is better than Harry Potter.
2021. Voldy makes James look like Cinderella's fairy godmother.
last edited hơn một năm qua
LoveforSeverus - aww that made me smile :):)

^I know. It's so cute to see her try and keep up with the Houses and people. We're only on chapter 6 though... but i wanna make sure she gets it so idc :)
@PygmyPuff14 about 2017: i completely agree. breaking dawn was vomit-inducing but, like you, I had extremely high expectations for Deathly Hallows and JKR exceeded them :)

@LoveforSeverus - that's so adorable :)

2022. JKR doesn't feel the need to replace every "said" with "breathed" or "murmured" or "sighed".

2023. Let's look at this logically: The epilogue in DH says specifically 19 years later. If it's in September (and it must be because they're sending the kids off to Hogwarts), this makes it September of 2017 (1998+19). Harry and Ron are thirty-seven, Hermione is turning thirty-eight, and Ginny is thirty-six. The eldest of their kids is James Sirius Potter, who most people agree is twelve in the epilogue (going into his second year). If he's the eldest, and he's just twelve, then his parents were twenty-five and twenty-four when he was born. Mid-twenties is a hell of a lot better to be having kids than at eighteen...just saying. (Sorry if that reason was confusing)

2024. Harry Potter teaches people that whatever happens, you can move on and learn from it so you can work even harder for what you believe in. Twilight teaches you to depend on your boyfriend and abandon everyone who isn't immortal so that you can have everything you ever wanted handed to you on a silver platter with absolutely no work at all.
cool
2025. The fact that JK puts enough thought and information into her books for people to produce comments like that^
hơn một năm qua Confuzzle said…
2026. Sanguini doesn't sparkle.
#2027:
Check out www.jkrowling.com
It is so much fun. It's just like the series. Click on little things and it leads to something exciting. Apart from that she has a section praising other Potter Fan Sites. It's like a trophy room. This shows that she is a humble and interesting person.

www.stepheniemeyer.com
On the other hand is just like a fan-fiction site dedicated only to the author. Her life, her books, the movies, her other projects and crap. It's more like a long rant about how great she is and her tree-cutting *crying my eyes out* books are.
@souflizzle317: thanks! :)

@Confuzzle: That single reason makes Harry Potter a hundred times better

2028. The names of the houses in HP are unique and cool. The best Meyer could do was "Volturi"?
2029. Harry was sane enough not to name his daughter Lilolly Jamthur Potter
2030. Meyer created one good character: Jacob. Then, she ruined him by making him a pedophile..
2031. The only two somewhat strong female characters (Rosalie and Leah) were made out to be bitches
2032. We have MuggleNet and Leaky Cauldron :)
hơn một năm qua LoveDraco123 said…
cool
Ok, ok, ok. Wait!

2033. " have a new book coming out. It's called The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. Well, it's more of a novella than an actual book—my version of a short story.

Actually, this has been a surprise to me, too. The reason why it's a surprise was that I never intended to publish this story as a stand-alone book. I began this story a long time ago—before Twilight was even released. Back then I was just editing Eclipse, and in the thick of my vampire world. I was thinking a lot about the newborns, imagining their side of the story, and one thing led to another. I started writing from Bree's perspective about those final days, and what it was like to be a newborn.

This story was something that I worked on off and on for a while, just for fun, in between the times I was writing or editing other Twilight novels. Later, when the concept for The Twilight Saga: The Official Guide came up, I thought that might be a good place for Bree. Her story is a nice complement to Eclipse; it explains a lot of the things that Bella never knew. So I dusted it off and finished it up for placement in the Guide."

I got THIS off www.stepheniemeyer.com when I was reading one of the above reasons. WTF?! MORE TWILIGHT?! When is she going to stop with the torture?
Okay, what has THIS got to do with the reason...

JKR knows a story has to end. Every good story does. That's why she ended Harry Potter and is probably working on another amazing piece of literature. Meyer, on the other hand, knows that her story is a hit- which I don't understand- and she is continuing it even after it doesn't need to be continued. =| She just doesn't want to end it. Probably because she knows she got famous just by chance and she can't write anything else. ;) Or she just hasn't had another dream yet. xD
angry
^^ Meyer is milking it for all its worth. The horrible woman. She knows that the Twitards will lap up her nonsense no matter how it is.
hơn một năm qua Mrs-Grint said…
2034. Rowling explains everything and ties every loose end... why can't Edward read Bella's mind?
hơn một năm qua dobbyssocks said…
2035. A lot of hp fans re-read harry potter.( i lost count of how many time i have read them.) All my twilight loving friends only read through the series once
@PygmyPuff14 - reason 2028, just adding to it: Is it just me, or does Volturi sound an awful lot like 'vulture'? And seeing as the Volturi are supposed to be evil, and vultures are kind of stereotyped evil birds, Smeyer is even less creative than people might think she is. She basically took vulture, changed the first u to and o, and changed the last letter to an i. Wow. JKR on the other hand, like you said, came up with amazing and interesting names for the Houses (and her characters)

2035. this isn't much of a reason, but I think it's important because I'm a girl and a feminist haha. In Twilight, in every couple, the man is older than the woman. Edward is a pedophile and 100 years older than Bella, Carlisle is several centuries older than Esme, it's never mentioned but I can only assume that Emmett's older than Rosalie, and Jasper is older than Alice (he was born in 1800s and she wasn't). The stereotype that the man has to be older is really annoying, to me at least. In Harry Potter, okay yes, Harry's older than Ginny. But Hermione's older than Ron, and it's revealed in DH that Lily was older than James (she was born in January, 1960 and he was born in March of the same year). So, not much of a reason, but it's important to me :) (I'm not going to go into all the other anti-feminist things about Twilight because I'm pretty sure they've already been covered)

2036. Quick comparison of Voldemort and Aro (the leader of the Volturi).
Aro-royalty in the vampire world, kind to everyone
Voldemort-wants to take over the Wizarding World and will kill all Muggle-borns and anyone else who stands in his way.
Winner? Voldemort
Appearance:
Aro-chalky skin and black hair and beautiful like every other vampire
Voldemort-completely deformed. red slits for eyes, practically no nose, he's bald (in the movies), and his fingers are creepily long (in the movies again).
Winner? Voldemort
Desire to Defeat The Person They Really Want to Defeat:
Aro- wants Bella out of the way, but in the end he doesn't want to ruin his reputation and he pretends that everything's all fine, they don't even fight, and he walks away.
Voldemort- wants Harry dead. not just out of the way, but dead. And if anyone else kills him, then he will personally kill that person. He's completely obsessed with killing Harry and nothing or no one will stop him.
Winner? Voldemort
Sorry, Twilighters, but Voldemort is clearly the more evil and interesting villain.

2037. *Why* do all the Twilight book titles have to do with phases of the moon and nighttime when sun or any kind of light doesn't even hurt the vampires? There's absolutely no point. The Harry Potter titles, on the other hand, always have to do with the plot of the book.

2038. Mary Grand-Pre illustrates all the Harry Potter books and the pictures at the beginning of the chapters in the American versions. I don't remember the name of the person who illustrates the covers of the British versions, but they're just as great. These people take time to make Harry Potter look interesting to people who don't know the plot. Who wants to bet that Smeyer took pictures off the internet and photoshopped them onto a black background?
@souflizzle317:
For Twilight - Gail Doobinin was the cover designer and Roger Hagadone was the photographer.
Wonder what was there to design?

And thank you for the Harry Potter cover designer's name. I've always wanted to know.

And speaking of book covers
#2039: We do not have covers featuring Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint unlike Twilight that has covers featuring Stewart and Pattinson and Lautner.
We stick to the success of the book not the movies.
@LoveDraco123: WHAT? Seriously, WHAT? Are you sure about that?? MORE Twilight?? *throws up*
Hopefully there won't be much of Edward in that book... None of the twihards will read it then *smirk*

@souflizzle: I've though about the Vulture-Volturi thing too. She could have just called them "Vultures"... Sounds way better, don't you think?
Adding to point 2035: Why do NONE of the women go for work in Twilight? What the hell does Esme do at home? She doesn't need to cook(you can't cook blood right?), her 'kids' are more than capable of taking care of themselves and she has absolutely no neighbours to talk to. What does she do?
#2040:
There are fans who actually love the negative characters. Ex: Bellatrix, Voldemort, Draco, Lucius and more.
How many Twitards like James, Victoria, Laurent or the Volturi? They are either Team Edwierd or Team JackeyPooh or they consider themselves Bella-Sue.
#2041: Name origins (www.mugglenet.com)
1. Harry - J.K. Rowling's favorite boy's name. The name Harry is of Anglo-Saxon origin and means "power." There was also a magician named Harry Houdini in the 1900s.
2. Hermione - Means "well-born," "earthy," or "stone." Refers to peony-type flowers. The feminine version of Hermes. In Greek mythology, was often known as the patron saint of high magic (no surprise our Hermione is so gifted).
3. Ron - Interesting when taken in conjunction with King Arthur(Ron's dad, Arthur). He is the advisor to the King. Comparisons can be made here between Ron being an advisor to Harry on all of his choices and adventures.
4. Dumbledore - Means "Bumblebee" in Old English. J.K. Rowling has said that she chose this name because she imagined Dumbledore walking around the castle, humming to himself.
5. Draco - Draco is a constellation that looks like a dragon but is a snake. In Latin, Draco means "dragon." There was also a Greek ruler named Draco who developed a system of severe punishments for the smallest of crimes. "Draconian" means "harsh or cruel." In Romanian, "drac" means "devil."
6. Severus - Sever means "to cut off." Snape appears to have "cut off" his ties with the Dark Lord through the first five books, and then with Dumbledore and the Order in Half-Blood Prince. "Severe" means "cruel, strict" - two characteristics that accurately describe the Potions Professor. Sounds very similiar to the Latin word "servus," meaning "servant." Is he still a servant of Voldemort's?
7. Peeves - "Peeve" means "little devil" or something that "gets on your nerves" (like a pet peeve).
8. Bellatrix - "Bella" is a construct of the word "bellum" meaning "war" and "trix" refers to "a woman in power." Bellatrix is therefore known as the "Female Warrior" and is also the pale yellow star indicating the left shoulder of the constellation Orion, the Great Hunter.
9. Sanguini - "Sanguis" is the Latin word for "blood." "Sang" means "blood" in French. "Sanguinary" means "blood-thirsty."
10. Sirius - Named after the star, Sirius, also known as the Dog Star or Great Dog (Canis Major).

Now Twilight (by me with help from the Internet):
1. Isabella Swan: Meyer thinks too much of herself. Beautiful Swan. My foot!
2. Edward: Wealthy guard. Yeah! All stalkers are called Edward.
3. Jacob: He who supplants. Meaning. Unnecessary. Meyer just thought of the name. Nothing to add.
4. Alice: Noble. Yeah right!
5. Rosalie: Rose. So what?
6. Carlisle: Isle of Carl. Excuse me?
7. Esme: Esteemed, loved. Well. It's of no use anyway except to name that moronic demon baby.
8. Jasper: Treasurer, spotted stone. Meyer thought Casper, the friendly ghost and said Jasper, the unfriendly vampire.
9. Emmett: All-containing; universal. Containing what? IPECAC? I don't get it.

My point. The names in Harry Potter have a meaning either literally or from Rowling's life.
Meyer just put together her old boyfriends' and school teachers' names.
2042. If you watched Ellen today, you know that Wizarding World was featured and Harry Potter fans are going to be the focus of a future episode. And where is Toilet?
@DivyaHarry - I never realized that! I knew that we didn't have any movie covers of Harry Potter, but I never really made the connection that practically every other book does that when the movie comes out, but Harry Potter didn't. If that makes any sense...Basically, I'm not stupid and I knew we didn't have movie covers for the books, but I didn't really register it. I like that we just have drawn covers though :)

2043. Death Eaters vs Volturi. If you had never heard of Twilight or Harry Potter and you heard those two names, which one would you automatically decide is definitely on the side of evil?