Harry Potter vs Chạng vạng Which books/movies do your friends/family like better?

missdada15 posted on Apr 22, 2012 at 08:52AM
Just wondering..

My mom didn't read the books,she did watch the first HP movie and all of the Twilight movies though.She likes Twilight better because it's a love story.

My sister likes bout(movies) but she's really young,only 8.

Most of my so called friend don't like eather,but those who do are Harry Potter fans,some only watched the movies some read the books as well.
last edited on Apr 22, 2012 at 08:54AM

Harry Potter vs Chạng vạng 8 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua missdada15 said…
Oh,just as a 'btw',the ones who love HP are all Slytherins like me(By heart),only one is a Rav.
hơn một năm qua alexisn10 said…
Family: Harry Potter (but my dad likes Hunger Games more than both). My mom doesn't like either (my mom is one of those very Christian parents and thinks the whole witchcraft thing is 'evil'). My sister (19) HATES Twilight and laughs at me when I used to watch the movies. She likes Harry Potter better but has only seen the first 3 or 4. I'm trying to get her to watch the rest. My older brother (21) really likes Harry Potter. I just got him to watch them while he was on Christmas break. He hates Twilight.

Friends: Neither, I guess. I don't really watch movies like Harry Potter with them. We watch more funny movies together xD. I've seen New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn with them and we only watch them to make noise in the theater (yeah, we're one of those). But the friends that I have that have watched both like Harry Potter better.
hơn một năm qua cassie-1-2-3 said…
I'm pretty sure my entire family loves Twilight.

Two of my cousing are obsessed (female ages 17 and 13)
Another cousin is a very passionate Team Jacob Edward basher (Male age 19)
My uncle is a passionate Team Edward and likes arguing with him at work. He own a used car lots and gets excited ever time he gets a silver Volvo to sell (Male 35ish)
My aunt loves Bella and Rosalie (female 40ish)
My grandma isn't much into movies, but she'll watch them whenever they're on.
^This entire household is currently reading the books right now. Of this household, only my male cousin is into Harry Potter, but only because his girlfriend likes it.

My dad, he doesn't seem to follow the story well, but he likes watching all the movies a lot. (male 43)
My mom only watches the movies when I'm watching them, but refuses to watch them if i've already watched them more than three times in one week. (female 44)
My sister will pick up a book and read it whenever she's got the time. She'll watch the movies whenever they're on tv (female 17)
^My sister and I have already read the books. My father and mother have not.

My crazy cousin... now she is the Harry Potter fanatic. She spends all her time watching HP, talking about HP on Facebook, buying HP merch. with other people's money, getting angry at people who don't buy her HP merch., wearing HP house colors, carrying a wand around at the club, dying her hair like Tonks every other week (I'm pretty sure all her hair is going to fall out soon). Honestly, she's so obsessed to the point where it might actually be a disease. She's even adopted a British accent, which doesn't mesh well with her trailer park accent.
But at the same time, she's obsessed with Twilight also, just not as intense.
You should see her house. Some of the rooms are like a Harry Potter museum. (female 24/25)
(I love my cousin. We just talk about each other this way. She doesn't mind)
Her husband likes whatever she likes at the moment (male 24)
Her children, same. I don't think they like either, honestly, but they know better to let their mother know that (male and female 7 and 4)
hơn một năm qua ariba_c said…
Im an HP fan and my sis likes Twilight books but likes HP movies... And all my friends are HP fans.
hơn một năm qua missdada15 said…
@cassie-1-2-3

'My crazy cousin... now she is the Harry Potter fanatic. She spends all her time watching HP, talking about HP on Facebook, buying HP merch. with other people's money, getting angry at people who don't buy her HP merch., wearing HP house colors, carrying a wand around at the club, dying her hair like Tonks every other week (I'm pretty sure all her hair is going to fall out soon). Honestly, she's so obsessed to the point where it might actually be a disease. She's even adopted a British accent, which doesn't mesh well with her trailer park accent.
But at the same time, she's obsessed with Twilight also, just not as intense.
You should see her house. Some of the rooms are like a Harry Potter museum'

Wow..that is unhealthy.

--

Last night i was watching Harry Potter and the Deathly hallows(Last part/movie,again),my sister wanted to watch with me but mom said it's too 'dark' for such young children..

..It's funny really,she let me watch South Park when i was really young,and she lets my 8 year old sister watch South Park but Harry Potter is not for kids?XD

Damn..
hơn một năm qua PromptDreamer said…
My dad likes "Harry Potter" and has seen all 8 movies. I think he's read the books too. He doesn't care about "Twilight".
My mom likes "Harry Potter", has seen all 8 movies, and read the books. Not a big fan of "Twilight" either (but she hasn't read the books).
My sister likes "Harry Potter", has seen all 8 movies, and read the books. She's read the "Twilight" books (all 4 of them) and used to love them. Now she hates it.
I like "Harry Potter", have seen all 8 movies, and read the books. I've read 1 or 2 chapters of the first book in the "Twilight" series and hated it. But I'm forcing myself to continue just so I can see how bad it is. I've read parts of the other books too.
hơn một năm qua alexisn10 said…
@PromptDreamer
Twilight is the draggiest out all four books. By page 200 or so it gets more exciting. You'll probably stop around New Moon because it gets REALLY draggy for about 300 pages O____o
hơn một năm qua PromptDreamer said…
I agree with you -- Twilight is really draggy. Plus it's so boring and puke-worthy! I was yawning at the end of the first chapter, even if I wasn't sleepy yet. It's cheesy too.
~PromptDreamer
P.S. I just got to "Chapter 4: Invitations". Congratulate me for managing not to destroy the computer (it's an e-book) and fall asleep out of sheer boredom!