Dollhouse Yum hoặc Yuck

fanfly posted on Apr 25, 2009 at 10:14PM
Ok so here's the game (which many of you will probably already know); one person says something Dollhouse related and the next person says yum or yuck depending on how they feel about it- then they say something, etc.
I'll start...

Boyd

Dollhouse 54 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 54

hơn một năm qua Asvini said…
smile
Yum.
Aw, I love Boyd. I think he's interesting because he's considered the moral one by the Dollhouse staff, but how moral can he be to work there in the first place? I can't wait to hear his backstory, how someone who seems to grasp how wrong this is ended up working there anyway.
I also think his feelings towards Echo are interesting. He has what comes across as a rather fatherly affection for her, but he works for the people who are using her.
That's one of my favourite things about Dollhouse (despite it being one of the main things that seems to put some people off) there are no good guys in Dollhouse. Even the characters who seem like the good guys are in a grey area.

Dominic
last edited hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua fanfly said…
Exactly, Asvini! I love that Joss makes you feel for these characters even though you know that what they're doing is questionable. There's no black and white- he makes you see both sides of the story. Which is always fun.

As for Dominic...
Yum

I found him really interesting and I was sad to see him go. I'm still hoping they can put him and his "brain" back together someday. I never would have taken him for a spy and I actually related to how frustrated he was when Adelle refused to take action against Echo, even though she exhibited "Alpha" signs.

Stage Fright
smirk
I was sad to see dominic go too. I liked him. Hope Reed Diamond will be in the show again at some point.

Stage fright gets a Yum. It's not the strongest episode, but it had Victor being revealed as a doll, Boyd being all nervous about Echo being on stage and the 'scowly babies' quote.
You know what? I get the feeling I'll be giving everything about this show a 'yum'. I officially declare the show to be empty of Yuck.

Enver Gjokaj's British accent
hơn một năm qua DefineDelicate said…
laugh
Yum, but the only reason that is, because I Love EG :D ♥

Topher's hair :P
hơn một năm qua Saul_Mikoliunas said…
YUM! Have you seen what Fran said about his hair? Its the quote on his spot here:
link
I love his hair!! Ok how about uhmmm

The Pods / Beds
 YUM! Have bạn seen what Fran đã đưa ý kiến about his hair? Its the quote on his spot here: http://www.fanpop.c
Yuck! Very coffin like. And what if they have to go pee in the middle of the night? lol

Alan Tudyk as Alpha
YUM!
Have you seen the boys muscles? Apparently as soon as he found out he had the part, he started working out like crazy to get them =D When I heard he had been cast, a part of me thought ehh?? I just didnt see him as a crazy psycopath, he was more of the funny geeky, socially stupid boy but he pulled it off! He actually managed to freak me out and so MAJOR YUM!
Oops, I forgot to post another one hehe, I got so caught up in the Alan Tudyk love!
Joel Mynor.
Yum- he was cute and charismatic. The one client I actually liked. And his engagement was so bittersweet.

Whiskey as "Crystal"
Yum! She was everything that Dr Saunders wasnt. Crazy, hot, dirty dancing Crystal =D I thought she did a much better job as Crystal than Echo did.

Oh come on!! I keep forgetting to add another one, sorry fanfly =(
Erm....

Rayna Russell
 Oh come on!! I keep forgetting to add another one, sorry fanfly =( Erm.... Rayna Russell
hơn một năm qua dollhousegirl24 said…
Yum! I love Reyna and I feel sorry for her. I love the song superstar (amash it) by Kimberly Cole
hơn một năm qua dollhousegirl24 said…
Oops the next one is Sierra
heart
Yum! She was soooo cute with Topher in episode 10.

Omega.
tongue
The episode or the character? The episode gets a big yum but Echo as Omega gets a Yuck.

The epsiode's awesomeness speaks for itself, as for the character I actually like her, but feel like I could say 'yum' for everything, which kind of takes the point out of playing and I did have issues with her.
She just didn't feel like a bunch of different people in one like Alpha did to me. She just felt like Uber-Caroline with better fight skills. With Alpha you really could believe he had all of these different complete people in his head and I didn't get a hint of that from Omega at all. I thought she would be far more interesting than she was to be honest.

I don't know whether to blame Eliza's acting or the writing (both of which I love) because there didn't seem to be any part written for her to show the other personas like Alpha had. As much as I love the episode when I imagine how amazing it would have been to see Alpha and Omega fight if they had BOTH been showing multiple personalities rather it just being Alpha I get a little disappointed.
I get the point of showing Omega/Echo handling it better than Alpha, showing how special she is but still it's not believable to me that someone with so many full people in her head would be so consistent in personality and speech.

Mellie leaving the Dollhouse.
I actually meant the episode, I never thought of the character actually =D But I agree with you completely. I suppose they wrote her that way to show her as handling it better but I do agree that it could have been way more interesting.

Ok Yum. I have to stop saying that as well but I cant help it =D I was thinking about this for a while and in the end, I went for Yum because I am happy that Madeline is leaving the Dollhouse. I think because I loooove Mellie/madeline/November(Lets just call her MNM lol) and I think that if she stays on for season 2 (fingers crossed) I would prefer to see her living life after the Dollhouse than still being a doll. There are limits to being a doll and we already have Echo, Sierra etc. I want to see her after all that is over, mainly because I love Miracle Laurie! Ok now I am just going round in circles =D

Summer Glau as something other than a doll in s2.
hơn một năm qua giddyseizures said…
(no reply in five months... must be fixed).

Yum! I'm insanely excited for Summer Glau. (although partial yuck bc she would make an amazing doll)

Ivy.
smile
giddyseizures I'm crazy excited about Summer too, she's great. I had really wished she'd be a doll, but now we know the show's cncelled I actually think the role she's in will be more interesting. It takes time for the dolls stories to unravel, we can get into the good stuff quicker with a non doll character I guess.

Ivy's a tough one for this because I never really had any strong feelings about her either way. I never disliked her, but she wasn't really featured enough to get my attention. I'll go with yum, since she did have some good lines (I thouht it was cute when Mr Dominic goes 'oh her body language is telling you she's innocent?' and she says 'no her languge language is telling you she's innocent!' or something like that, lol) and I do think she had potential as a character.

Adelle's/Olivia Williams's new shorter hair
Yuck!
I even made a pick about it. lol I really don't like the short hair.

Dollhouse coming back this Friday. (easy I know, but I'm excited!)
YUM. How could anyone not be?

Episodes centered around characters other than Echo.
hơn một năm qua Klema said…
smile
YUM! I'm so sick of Echo centered episodes! I love Eliza, but Echo is probably my second least favorite Dollhouse character! Season 2 has been so amazing so far, mostly because we got to see other characters and their back stories ;) I don't want Dollhouse to end!!!

Belonging (episode)
YUM. I felt so much more for half of the characters at the end of that episode. Topher, Sierra, Boyd... especially Topher. Its in my favorite episodes from the series along with Briar Rose and Omega. (Also Victor/Sierra was adorable... must admit) I was at the edge of my seat the whole time.

Paul as Echo's handler instead of Boyd.
Yuck
I loved Boyd as her handler. It allowed him a great deal more screen time than he has now. And I don't care for Paul/Echo in the context of them being handler/doll. It just seems so pervy.

Alexis Denisof as Senator Perrin
heart
Yum.
I love Alexis, and the idea of a character that big putting heat on the Dollhouse, now we know it's the finale I like seeing game changers like that. My only issue (and this is going to sound crazy) is that I think his American accent sounds fake compared to his English accent from Buffy/Angel. Yes, I know he's really American, and it's the English accent that's fake (I didn't know till I looked it up, lol) but I just got so used to his English accent, the American one sounds fake to me. Really.
Also, I have to add I'm with you on the pervy Paul/Echo thing.

some of the final episodes airing two at a time
hmmm
Yum AND yuck.

I love the idea of after just watching some Dollhouse, getting more... but its also meaning it will end earlier and its just getting rushed. It will feel like its gone quicker. Its actually a bit depressing.

Employees of the Dollhouse using the dolls for personal use.
Yuck!

Using the dolls is wrong in so many ways, but employees using them for pleasure is even worse! They are people who made wrong choices or who are in too much pain to deal with the world and the staff knows that, while clients don't (at least I think so). It's just wrong!

Amy Acker signed up for just 3 episodes of season 2
Yuck!!
Amy Acker was possibly the best actress in season 1. She managed to play DR Saunders and Whiskey to absolute perfection.
Oops, I forgot to add something else haha

Priya murdering the sicko who put her into the Dollhouse
P.s. that is sort of a mean one because if you say yum then you are clearly insane but if you say yuck, that is harsh on Priya ha =P
yum! Haha, I'm insane! That's something... not new ;P Murdering is bad and all, but this guy was very, very creepy and sick!

Claire and Topher (as a couple)
Yuck.
No offence to shippers of them, I do get it. There's just something I'd find a little creepy about the idea of him dating a person he built. Also, them getting together would have no happy ending for me, because either he'd eventually have to lose her to give the body back to it's rightful persona or she'd spend forever in someone elses body, meaning he'd be dating a stolen body, without the consent of that body's actual 'owner'. Every way I think of it has a creepy angle like that. Also, on top of that even if she was real I just haven't personally seen much compatability. He's such a child and she's quite introspective and dark I don't see them gelling as a couple. I love them together as frenemies, not so much romatically.

Paul Ballard
Erm Yuck....noo Yum....nope, both haha ok I will go for Yuck. I want to say Yum because I think they would be great together but part of me has an odd theory that the reason Topher was so freaked out in Vows is because they knew each other, were family or something. So I'm going for Yuck.

Caroline & Paul Ballard (also as a couple)
Ohh beaten to it by Asvini! Ignore my Yum or Yuck, choose hers.
smile
Ooh, no Saul's is more interesting. Go with hers. I'd go with it myself, but that would also be a yuck from me, and I've already rained on a ship's parade today :)
Thats ok, I rain on peoples ships parades ever day haha. Ok that sentence was odd, I didn't know which words should be plural so I just went for them all haha
Well I guess I'll answer the Caroline/Paul one... which is Yuck.

Caroline has never actually met Paul making this odd. Paul initially had this fascination with bringing the dollhouse down but yet he had an urging for this fictitious person in actuality. Might as well make him a client. Program Echo to who he THINKS Caroline is. Its just too disturbing for me.

Adelle's recent character change.
hơn một năm qua elleoneiram said…
Hm... I would be okay with Paul/Caroline, but I don't like Paul/Echo much. Weird.

As for new Adelle:
Yuk.

Though I love her. And her seething wickedness is well done. I miss her vulnerability. Note: my yuk's don't mean I think the show screwed up. Just my reaction, and in this case, it seems like the writers intended this. I yelled at the screen when she gave Topher's plans to her boss.

Topher's moral compass.
hơn một năm qua VMars4ever said…
heart
Yum

It makes him possibly the most hilarious character of the show. And when all is said and done, he does the right thing in his own way.

Topher imprinting Sierra as his friend
Yum

It normally annoys me when the employees use the dolls for themselves (like Ms. Lonelyhearts... ugh), but in this case it was cute. He lacked a friend. He didn't use Sierra in any harming or violating way. It was nice to see Topher have so much fun.

The return of Alpha in A Love Supreme.
heart
Yum

A great episode this season, it's just been getting better and better, and I love Alan Tudyk as Alpha! Too bad the show's been cancelled, it's amazing.

Evil Boyd.
crying
Yuck.

I literally said earlier while watching the episode, "If anyone in this series asked me if I trusted them, Boyd would be the only one who I could truthfully respond, 'with my life.'" I guess that means I'm dead.

The "return" of Mellie.
hơn một năm qua hpmaniac666 said…
Yuck. Boyd was the character we could all rely on to be a good guy. Typical Joss. Saying that, I'm not convinced he *is* evil.... maybe it's like a double....tripple...quadruple.....quintupl­e twist....

And in terms of the show it's a yum, if you nkow what I mean.

Topher and Bennet (short lived as it was :( )
hơn một năm qua hpmaniac666 said…
Aww, I got beaten, ignore mine!
heart
Yuck.

I didn't like her, I'm actually kind of glad as to what happened to her in the last episode.

Alpha not being in The Hollow Men.
Yuck. I love it when Alpha shows up- I was a bit disappointed that he didn't make an appearance.

Clyde Randolph 2.0 in Whiskey's body.
Yuck and Yum?
I though Amy looked smoking but the idea that a dude's in a girl's body freaked me out a little lol.
[sorry I had to edit my post...]

original Topher or Topher 2.0
...erm i'm not quite sure how to respond to that.
Yum to both of course but preference wise, I always prefer an original

The LA Dollhouse letting all of there actives go.
Yum? LOL I want them free. haha!

Victor Ice skating in tights :p
hơn một năm qua London said…
Yum?

Hmm, I am a fan of Victor doing just about anything but I'm not a fan of tights.

Bennet and Topher
hơn một năm qua smms said…
8 months and no reply. This needs to be changed.
Yuck. If we saw more of Bennet I might of changed my mind. They hardly knew each other (which isn't bad) but I didn't have an emotional connection to their relationship since I didn't see much of it.

Topher