Dead Poets Society Favourite scene?

misanthrope86 posted on Mar 17, 2008 at 04:49AM
What are your favourite scenes from the movie?

Dead Poets Society 13 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua DarkSarcasm said…
It'd probably have to be the scene where they're all sitting in the luggage room talking about being interrogated... then Cameron gets what's coming to him. ;) Although I loved the scene with Pitts & Meeks dancing on the roof, too. =P
hơn một năm qua misanthrope86 said…
Mine is this scene:

[Neil finds Todd sitting alone on the roof]
Neil: Hey!

Todd: Hey.

Neil: What's going on?

Todd: Today's my birthday.

Neil: Is today your birthday? Happy birthday!

Todd: Thanks.

Neil: What'd you get?

Todd: [indicating the desk set lying beside him] My parents gave me this.

Neil: Isn't this the same desk set ...

Todd: Yeah. Yeah, they gave me the same thing as last year.

Neil: Oh... maybe they thought you needed another one.

Todd: Maybe they weren't thinking about anything at all. The funny thing is about this is, I didn't even like it the first time.

Neil: Todd, I think you're underestimating the value of this desk set.
[He picks it up]
Neil: I mean, who would want a football or a baseball...

Todd: ...or a car...

Neil: Or a car, if they could have a desk set as wonderful as this one? I mean, if I were ever going to buy a desk set... twice... I would probably buy this one. Both times! In fact, its shape... it's rather aerodynamic, isn't it?
[he walks to the edge of the roof]
Neil: You can feel it. This desk set wants to fly!

[he hands it to Todd]
Neil: Todd? The world's first unmanned flying desk set.
[Todd throws it off the roof - papers fly everywhere and things crash and clatter to the ground]

Neil: Oh my! Well, I wouldn't worry. You'll get another one next year.
Wow. You really know how to make me look like a slacker... =P
Ha ha ha!

Don't worry. I just love quoting things.

You could look at it as me making myself look obessesive...
Okay, we'll go with that... remember, this was *your* idea, not mine. =P
hơn một năm qua gfaloola said…
the very last scene in the movie makes me cry like NO other. I swear, I just bawl my eyes out every time I watch it. but I also love the aforementioned flying deskset scene and when meeks and pitts are dancing on the roof. :)
hơn một năm qua gfaloola said…
Actually, I just remembered, when they're all leaving their first Dead Poets meeting and Meeks starts chanting "then I saw the congo creeping through the black ..." and everyone else starts another hushed chant of "Meekss ... Meekss ...." hahaha. Kills me.
hơn một năm qua House34 said…
The scene when Todd runs in the snow sad for Neil's death and the end. I'll never forget those...oh and I loved the time they gathered in the cave and sang that jungle poem :)
hơn một năm qua amandelirious said…
The scene where Mr. Keating has Todd make up the poem in class. Ooh, that scene gives me goosebumps!
hơn một năm qua dead_poet said…
Well, all scenes are brilliant, but I agree with misanthrope86 - scene with flying desk set is awesome. I have read it had been completely improvised.
big smile
Yeah, your right dead_poet! That scene was pretty much improvised! RSL and Ethan Hawke talk about it on the dvd. I think their might be a video of that interview in the videos section of this spot.
hơn một năm qua dead_poet said…
smile
Oh yes, it's there, but I think I have also read about it in an interview with Ethan Hawke.
hơn một năm qua chameron4eva said…
Can you guys give me 10 of the most emotional scenes?

SO far, I've got the ending, the scene of The Sweaty-toothed Madman, and the flying desk.