Brucas A Brucas Supporter’s Guide (Preview)

eka-chan posted on Nov 30, 2009 at 04:08AM
My Xmas gift to all BFG (and guy). I know this is supposed to be a surprise but then again I'm just excited to show those who might be interested. It's still 30% finished because I'm rewatching season 2 and 3 and paying close attention to their scenes and quotes. I also want to use some of Nem and Cherise's BL articles as related literature so I'm asking their permission. Anyway, here is a taste of what I've come up so far. Suggestions are welcome.

OVERVIEW

It wasn’t long ago when we witnessed the ties that bound Lucas Scott and Brooke Davis together discarded in a corner far away so as not to disturb the mobility of Leyton’s epitome of True Love Always. The unjust event occurred during One Tree Hill season three’s finale when viewers were so swept away by Keith’s murder, Naley’s renewal of vows and the return of the awaited ‘originally-planned’ lovers Mark Schwahn justified: the tortured Lucas and his Dulcinea-damsel Peyton Sawyer. While the universe started shooting out a cosmic imbalance in the form of a comet disguised as a vintage car; and as the planets aligned together in a sequence that welcomed a massacre of common sense, back in earth, half of the OTH fanbase rooted tirelessly for these two soul mates to find their way back to each other, because her art matters to him and they want the same things with each other. Most fans continue to believe that Leyton truly is the only embodiment of unconditional love; never mind good ol’ Naley who worked hard to show us that unconditional love comes with unpleasant surprises and real trials to overcome. Needless to say, Schwahn wanted to get the message out: Lucas and Peyton belong together, a truth that’s burning fiercely beneath the surface.

And here we should enter the picture, devoted Brucas fans, who believe that ‘true love is not a fairy tale life that never knows pain, but two souls facing it together and diminishing it with unconditional love’. If we could, we will paint over that TLA crap with RED, the vibrant color known to outshine LP’s cookie-dough spirit. Feel free to offer us the bucket and we will even pour it over Leyton, Carrie-style. This is how far our devotion goes.

This article will serve as an informative guide that will testify to many BL shippers’ justifications and reasons why we accept Lucas Scott and Brooke Davis’ relationship and view it as worthy and bona fide. It could also be said that this article will mention the dynamics and transitions both characters went through that helped them survive the opinions of others to pursue their feelings for each other; and how Peyton Sawyer had indeed got in the way of securing Brucas’ romantic status.

The BL group’s primary reasons are:

1.) The strong indication of romantic evolution/development (from simply being a 'casual fling' to 'opening doors of reconciliation and second chances' that led to love)

2.) The betrayal of Peyton Sawyer (regardless Ms. Sawyer’s great character, she twice became a prevailing disadvantage to the Brucas relationship and we cannot acquit her for these actions whether it wasn’t done in her best intentions or not)

3.) The indisputable value of what the couple had (despite that Mark Schwann affirms it no longer, in favor of LP) and what they always will be to the devoted fanbase

CASE #1: THE STRONG INDICATION OF A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP/DEVELOPMENT

Examining once again Mark Schwann’s modest validation that one of the things he conceptualized in One Tree Hill is to play out a happy ending between the characters of Lucas and Peyton, romantically speaking. The vision, the original plan, could be rendered effective if only OTH ended up being a film, and not a TV series. Unfortunately to Schwann’s original concept, the series shifted the dynamics in favor of Lucas and Brooke; whether or not this sudden couple switch was more convincing because the actors are a real-life couple is debatable; but there certainly is chemistry and a dignified storyline to support this couple. What exactly makes Brucas a more qualified couple than the originally-conceived Leyton? The fanbase is divided between the two and Schwann has finally answered to one. With much heated arguments and issues raised from both sides, neither is waving a white flag, and just because Schwann has decided to end things with Leyton as his choice, nothing changes the fact that Brucas will always have something Leyton never had: time, effort and honesty.

Before we BL supporters begin reviewing Brucas’ escalation throughout the seasons, we must point out the ship names given to these couples specifically Leyton; how we want to make a mockery of it but since I represent myself in this article firsthand before the BL community, I will point this observation: when you hear Brucas, you hear both the syllables of Brooke’s and Lucas’ names. It does mean something if you think hard on it; both characters rely and complement each other all throughout their relationship. As for Leyton, you only hear Peyton and ‘L’ stands for Lucas existing as a shadow, a pretense, if you may, to cover up who really matters more in the affair. And that pretty much sums up what Leyton is all about, does it not? The relationship revolves more on what Peyton needs, what Peyton doesn’t want and how Lucas should give up things or stop things, all done in Peyton’s time. Forgive my sick humor but I just have to point out my observation.

(TBC)
 My Xmas gift to all BFG (and guy). I know this is supposed to be a surprise but then again I'm just e
last edited on Nov 30, 2009 at 04:18AM

Brucas 4 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua brucas4ever said…
aww love!

The strong indication of romantic evolution/development (from simply being a 'casual fling' to 'opening doors of reconciliation and second chances' that led to love) !
hơn một năm qua brucas4ever said…
Brucas will always have something Leyton never had: time, effort and honesty.

eka i just love this article!
hơn một năm qua Broody_4_Cheery said…
eka, awesome, i cant wait to see your new one.
hơn một năm qua brattynemz said…
As for Leyton, you only hear Peyton and ‘L’ stands for Lucas existing as a shadow, a pretense, if you may, to cover up who really matters more in the affair. And that pretty much sums up what Leyton is all about, does it not? The relationship revolves more on what Peyton needs, what Peyton doesn’t want and how Lucas should give up things or stop things, all done in Peyton’s time. Forgive my sick humor but I just have to point out my observation.

I don't think it's sick at all, I've noticed it as well!

I can't wait for this new article <3