sách để đọc The Vampire Tapestry

nitemargarita posted on Sep 30, 2010 at 06:29AM
I highly recommend this book even if you're not into the current vampire craze. If you just like a really good horror/fantasy fiction story, this is a vampire story unlike any I have read. Just to be warned, it's not geared to a teen or young adult audience. (It's NOT a vampire 'romance' novel). It's a really absorbing, well-written and original take on an old theme. The author Suzy McKee Charnas has written some great horror and sci-fi novels, so I knew before even opening the book it would be something unique and exciting.

Here are a few reviews that do it a bit more justice than I could:

"...Charnas' view of her protagonist is unswervingly unsentimental, and... her denouement is savage and intense and brilliantly satisfying.

"...Charnas' writing is also rich and impressive: she seems equally at home on a college campus, in the office of a professional therapist, in the emotions of a 14-year-old boy, and in the music and story of Tosca. The novel works on many levels — as pure adventure, as social description, as psychological drama, and as a passionate exploration of the web that links instinct, morality, and culture. It is a serious, startling, and revolutionary work, and I recommend it to all comers."

— Washington Post

"A superior, grandly detailed vampire story that takes the torment of its monstrous hero very seriously indeed... Like all the very best monster-fiction writers in the Frankenstein tradition, Charnas uses the inhuman condition to explore the specialness of humankind — and the result is both a gripping psychological portrait and smashingly deft entertainment."

— Kirkus Reviews

"The Vampire Tapestry is a dark fantasy for those who love the old legends, but are ready to look beyond the stereotypes to something new. It is intense, harsh, and grisly and it has a depth that will absorb you. You may find yourself asking for more in your horror, as you should."

— Denise Dumars, Cinescape

I highly recommend this book even if you're not into the current vampire craze. If bạn just like a re
last edited on Oct 14, 2010 at 10:24PM

sách để đọc No các câu trả lời