nghề viết văn What's YOUR First Line?

XDRoseLuvsHP posted on Oct 07, 2010 at 12:41AM
Okay, here's how it goes.
Just write the very first sentence of any one of your stories. No more than the first sentence. Just the very first one.
Hopefully, this will inspire people. I hope this forum will give people ideas as to how to start a story they are struggling with, or perhaps give people ideas for stories period.
The only rules are:
-No Spamming (obviously)
-No Stealing Other People's Ideas
If the first line of your story is, for whatever reason, the same as another persons, then just explain it, and that's that.
-Don't be unnecessarily rude

The first line of the novel I'm writing right now is...
They were watching.

Note: If you want, it doesn't have to be from an actual story. It could just be a cool line you thought of in your head. I thought of one too, and here it is:
My name is Chimere, and I do not exist.
last edited on Oct 07, 2010 at 01:01AM

nghề viết văn 101 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 101

hơn một năm qua Friendly_Girl said…
Ok, sounds like a fun idea :)

The first line of the novel I'm writing right now is...
I run through the darkness, gasping for air as I was desperately trying to get away from them.
hơn một năm qua XDRoseLuvsHP said…
^^Oooh! That sounds like a really interesting story! You've got me hooked XD
hơn một năm qua Friendly_Girl said…
lol thanks :)
hơn một năm qua Phangirl7 said…
Well, the only original stories I've written all start with some variation of the line: The year was (insert year here).
hơn một năm qua TDI100 said…
angry
ever scince I read some percy jakson fanfics I had a go at writing my own and the only line I come up with when I start is "Annabeth sighed"

I'M SUCH AN IDIOT
hơn một năm qua 2dolphn97 said…
ok but if anybody steals anything from my sentence or the story line i will report you ok here it goes
"if there was an award for having the strangest things having to you, i would win the gold,"
big smile
yah there is more to it and it is on fanpop if any lucky people want to read it and my freind has 1 2, they r called (mine) Ora, and (my friends) One among us. check it out
hơn một năm qua -BlazeTheCat- said…
I'm writing a pokemon fanfic. XD

"A small, pink mouse-like animal happily circled a little yellow, pointy-eared creature, flying around it's head."
hơn một năm qua sydnosh said…
tongue
"How could this have happened?"

I don't know I think it fits though...
hơn một năm qua axemnas said…
cool
"Even a man pure in heart and says his prayers by night; may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright"

In my most recent novel i quoted the original Curt Siodmak 1941 screenplay The Wolf Man with the poem above. I find it quite catchy and meaningful on a multiple reason basis
 "Even a man pure in tim, trái tim and says his prayers bởi night; may become a chó sói, sói when the wolfsbane blooms
hơn một năm qua AvaMarch said…
tongue
Well, here's the first line of the prolougue
My name is Ace.

And the first of my story
I didn't open my eyes for I thought I was dead.
hơn một năm qua emilyroxx said…
Here's my over-melodramatic first line of my prolouge:

Deep in the dungeons of Entasia a newborn baby cried as an angry yell rang out throughout the castle.

And the actual story is:
It was the first day third grade and the students were told to make robots.
hơn một năm qua mdedrick said…
^ Can I guess that someone was yelling because the baby was born a girl?

Here is the first line of the epilogue of the novel I'm editing:

"A luminous moon shone in the sky, as if to challenge the stars around it to shine any brighter than it could."

And here's the first line of the first chapter:

"Wind rushed through Ember's hair as she flew."
last edited hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua dpaisita97 said…
"Let me tell you of the day this whole mess began."
It's supposed to be those kinda books for preteens and teens, you know, simple sarcastic and funny.
hơn một năm qua HecateA said…
smile
-Leave me alone!

big smile
if anyone wants to read mine and my friends story, say so, and if you read them then comment on them :D
hơn một năm qua starwarsfangirl said…
tongue
Fifteen years ago.
yeah... :P here's the next sentence (btw, i make up weird names for places in my stories :P)
Light hadn’t even graced the towers of the palace in the capitol city of Dragomria as the scribe rushed through the grand corridors.
hơn một năm qua M169 said…
"Everyone knows no one is normal."

I just posted this story
hơn một năm qua bri-marie said…
smile
Well, I'm multi-tasking. I'm working on a story and a fanfiction ^^

Okay, so, the prologue to my story:
"The darkness grows in the passing days."

And the first chapter:
"A lanky man strolled casually down the beach, lost in his own mind, paying no notice to the sand clinging to his black boots."

Now, my fanfiction:
Prologue:
"A man sat in a high-backed chair, his still form illuminated eerily by the dying firelight"

And the first chapter:
"Severus Snape was a man who greatly enjoyed privacy."
hơn một năm qua -BlazeTheCat- said…
I wrote another one. :3

"I don't get it! Why do I live at all, if this is how my life turns out?!" -Faith
hơn một năm qua Aquamarina said…
smile
I have many beginnings of stories, which end quite often after a few chapters...
So here's a selection of first sentences:

"As the young elf Meyra slowly awaked and blinked in the sun, her first thought was for the Floral Festival which would take place today."

"Floras garden lay perfectly idyllic in the midst of lush green rolling hills."

"Henry hadn't ever been very eye-catching."

"Bianca squinted her eyes against the falling snow and the cool wind."

"One wonderful day, it finally lay down at her feet."

"Half past six, monday morning."

"My life changed one cloudy saturday afternoon."

That's all I have so far. I hope, my translations are okay, I normally write in german :)
hơn một năm qua AnnabethKatara said…
'Judging by the title of this book, you'd probably think this whole thing was a dream.'
Title: "Dream Escaspe"
hơn một năm qua emiehs96 said…
monkey
I threw my head down on my desk in frustration.

I know.It's genius.
hơn một năm qua DracoLuver said…
I let out a shrill screech as the skin on my arm began to burn, my parents laughing and jeering as tears welled up in my eyes.

It's about child abuse. I wanted to make people realize how horrible it is. There is a sub-plot too which pretty much hurts my character even more, but I don't wanna blow it :P
hơn một năm qua Espeongirl360 said…
It wasn't always easy bieng a thirteen year old girl in SweetGrass, Saskatchewan.

I hope it is my first book. It is about how to get over bullying because that is the one thing that I HATE! I can`t stand bullies.
hơn một năm qua Andressa_Weld said…
heart
It was my first night in a new school - A point of light in the middle of the darkness

It's a story about vampires who are tired of being evil creatures, so they decide to try a new life style, but they are only teenagers and to reach their goal, they'll have to break all the school rules! (The tittle is a bit ridiculous)
hơn một năm qua lucius_malloy said…
Lily knew that her seventh and final year at Hogwarts was going to be the hardest yet.

fanfiction FTW :D
hơn một năm qua Werewolves4Life said…
wink
okay heres mine:
"Erik Your Gay? Than Why Are You Dating Me Why Did You Sleep With Me?"
Sorry I Wrote More Than One Sentence
hơn một năm qua barogr said…
I didn't actually wrote a book or so but when I ever think of doing so this sentence comes to my mind:
"I ran, I ran until I couldn't feel my legs and lungs any more, I knew that if I stopped, I would feel the pain, and it was unbearable."
hơn một năm qua barogr said…
Here is the first line of a short story I wrote for a school project:
"Long long ago, there was no light source on earth."
hơn một năm qua forksandspoons said…
2dolphn97 i heard that exact sentance in the middle of a book i have called 1-800-where-r-u
hơn một năm qua iluvjblol210 said…
worried
that is such a good idea and it sounds great!
okay heres mine...
i was running down the long wet side walk as he chased me.
hơn một năm qua warcraftjunkie1 said…
Heres how i'm starting a new story, "Looking out of the window of an orphanage, a single tear ran down Rya's cheek."
This is about a girl who becomes a pirate(BTW Fanfiction, POTC fanfiction!)
hơn một năm qua Alexi95 said…
Here's the first line from the novel I'm working on:
In the story books it’s always good versus evil, and even though the good guys have a rough time of it for a while; they always come out on top and end up with the perfect fairy tale happy ever after.
1ADAM12, 1ADAM12 and all units in the vicinity.
laugh
And then their was the truck
hơn một năm qua Massogliacutie said…
smile
It was an average day in Harmonica Town. A cool gentle breeze blew in from the graceful sea, buffeting the slow swaying grass on the island.

That's the first line of my HMAP fanfic.
hơn một năm qua xDark_Angelx said…
"The girl took her first steps into the academy, with her only a small bag slung over her shoulder and her name-Malina; she had no last name."

It's from a story called, A Single Drop.
hơn một năm qua tiny_princess said…
ammmmm
i think this might works : >> "Here i was again ... "
hơn một năm qua christoph93 said…
James Blake pounded his alarm clock, opened his blinds, and began the worst day of his life.

-shades of red white and blue by me :)
hơn một năm qua beachchick said…
her is my start to the novel im writing..
This is the Prologue. She was running faster, her bare feet throbbing on the cold, snowy ground trying to push herself away from everything that had happened that night.
hơn một năm qua TheDon0603 said…
He often wondered why he did it.

My stories about a man who works as a mercenary because fighting is his only skill.
hơn một năm qua kaylap1410 said…
big smile
Ok I will!

We were all different, all chosen for different reasons.

There is more on the Troubled series forum. This is a project I am working one and I am really exicted. So far there is three different authors inculding me. I will not post the whole thing. It is more like 10 chapters. Sorry but I don't even want to post that. If some one steals it I would be so mad! But go there to read the whole prologe. I really like it!
hơn một năm qua DracoLuver said…
LOTR Fanfic

I opened my eyes, slowly, and even that managed to hurt.
hơn một năm qua iluvPrinceMJ213 said…
I was an early bird for one reason and one reason only sunrises and they early flow of the river in the morning.
hơn một năm qua woofbark said…
100 years in the future......
Renee Dives dashed forward as another bullet whizzed dangerously close to her neck, almost touching her dark black hair.

-UNTIITLED

The howling of the wind rose to an inhuman screech.

-Insanity

Lilith stood alert in the middle of the clearing, knowing IT was out there and would get her if she wasn't on her guard.

-Dark Secrets and Dark Things

hơn một năm qua nymph_tonks said…

"I was just just sitting on the bridge, daydreaming, when suddenly the bridge broke!" for my story about unamed. No, that she calls herself.
hơn một năm qua Biancadi said…
Ok this is from TBotL with Cece

Before Cecelia Maybeck knew it, her life turned upside down.
hơn một năm qua Sk8terGirl-Xx said…
Well this seems fun :)My first line:
A single tear ran down my cheek;at that moment the lamp at the side of the church was extinguished, a shadow crept behind me...The pressance of evil.

Yeah it's a pretty long first sentence!... :P
hơn một năm qua magicgirl123 said…
Ugh, I want to do this, but I started so many stories now Im going to have to get up and go look............

I was 14 years old when I received my love, my life, my horse Frasco.

From: The boy and dragon (This isn't a very interesting sentence)

"Eric? Eric listen to me!" His mothers stern voice woke him out of his daydream.

From: The dragons( note that this is the first sentence out of 2)

I am a member of the most dominate species of anything, a species known to be unpredictable, untraceable, and unquestionable.
( can you guess?)

Well, that's all I could find.

;)