Witches Coven of Midnight Individual Beliefs

HighwayCreature posted on Aug 23, 2011 at 12:25AM
Hey there guys, I just noticed there hasn't been any topics posted in the forum section of this magnificent club yet, so I thought I would make one.

This is the thread where anyone of the Left Hand Path can discuss everything he or she believes in.
For example, you may discuss your personal beliefs of Wicca, Atheism, Agnosticism, Satanism, Thelema, New Age, pro-pagans, etc, whatever you are!

I'm just interested in reading about what the fine members of this club believe in. Give us a general idea, or if you want, an in-depth look at your philosophical/metaphorical/ideological ideals.

I will say that I am an observent, rational thinking, free thinking atheist and pacifist who tries his best to learn as much as he can from others and soak up the cultures.

Looking forward to any posts, thanks in advance.

Witches Coven of Midnight 15 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua Cherry9090 said…
angelic
I have always thought myself as Wiccan but studing more and understanding more and seeing more I concider myself as a Wiccan/earth witch bc I beleive i the Wiccan ways but I also love the earth so much and I feel free and happy when I am in or near nature.I do embrace my my beleifes to the fullest.

I have had ppl embrae me and ppl hate me bc of my beliefes the ppl that hate me r the ones who r closed minded and stupid and so to hell witth them

I will always embrace the ones who embrace me

~Blessed Be~
hơn một năm qua InvaderRaven said…
then i shall embrace u cherry :)
hơn một năm qua HighwayCreature said…
smile
Right on, Cherry.

InvaderRaven, welcome to the club.
smile
Thank u
hơn một năm qua southern-belle said…
Resently I've felt myself drifting more toward agnosticism, I thought it might be because of a sort of traumatic experience my family had about a week ago(my stepdad had a really bad flashback because of some things that happened when he was in Iraq about 6 years ago, and we found out some things that he had never told anyone outside of his unit). I figured it was just this because my mother was having a hard time recently as well, so I decided to read over a little bit of my bible, I'm still debating on whether this was a good or bad idea... I was expecting to read the sorts of things I'd read out of it before and things I'd heard preached, miracles and people being rewarded for good deeds an the like. I opened to a random page which happened to be in Deuteronomy and started reading, what I found was the complete opposite of the gracious and righteous god, the miracle working Jesus or any of the other nice things, it was an angry, jealous "god" who sounded more like Satan than God. Speaking of being jealous of false gods and that he would get back at the people by making false people, that he would punish them with the teeth of beasts and poison of serpents. I read a little more then flipped to Leviticus I knew I already disagreed with some of the rules there but wanted to read further, so I did. There was talk of blood sacrifice, virgins having to marry their rapists or be stoned to death, and nonchalant talk of how land should be split when a man has various wives. The list goes on but I'm not going to get into all of it. All that would go through my mind during and after this was that this was not the god I thought I'd been praying too, this was not the god that preachers and Christians make him out to be, and this was not a god that I wanted to worship anymore. Sorry if this was kind of off topic but this was the only place I could think of to talk about this and know I won't be judged. More to the topic though, at the moment my beliefs are more Agnostic, bordering on Pantheism than anything else.
last edited hơn một năm qua
Yep, despite all the beautiful things that can be found in the bible, there are also atrocious things that are dispicable and hair raising. Born in a Christian family, I seem to be the only one to take notice. I live in a stupid state, where the majority of the people are extremely dumb Christians who just ignore the parts they don't like in the Bible, and focus on the stuff they do like. How can we do this? How can we reason out the atrocities commited by god in the bible? The answer is - there is no reasoning. Most of these passages in particular are pretty literal, so really no room for metaphorical interpretation. And if there is no reasoning for such disgusting acts of jealousy and hate by god, then we just ignore.

I can not live with that, I can not be satisfied with that. I appreciate the good thing in the bible, yes, I do. But do I think that this 2000 year old book is still a reliable source of morality? Hell no. Not at all.
Everyone disagrees with me on this (except for maybe some on this site) but I will stick with this theory until I'm proven wrong - but I doubt that's going to happen.
I live in the same type of a city, everyone is Christian and just seems to ignore this types of things, the worst thing they preach in church is Job, even that is minor compared to some of the things in there. I might try to talk to my mom about this at some point but it'd probably have to wait a month or two at least until stuff calms down around here.
I'm sorry to hear you are having troubles, SB, I hope everything works out alright for you and your family.
Thank you (: that means a lot.
Just an update, (do tell me if I'm posting too much or boring you all to death, you don't have to read this if you don't feel like it lol) I meditated in my pool tonight for like an hour, looking up at the stars and realized what I really believe, what I've believed all along in my heart probably; that all deities, Jesus, Isis, Horus, Zeus, etc. are all equal in relevance, all just as real as the next, and all part of a much bigger picture that I don't think any of us will ever understand until we die, maybe not even then. As far as the Bible goes, it was written by so called "prophets" who documented what they believed to be truth, and things that they believed to have heard or seen, and that doesn't make it true. Certain aspects maybe, that were documented in other placed (such as the flood) but other than that I don't hold much, if any, stock in it.

Just read that over... It looks like a diary entry lol, maybe i should start keeping one again...
SB has a revelation, eh? Cool, meditation is a powerful tool, isn't it? Looks like you're on your path now SB, cool stuff...
Lol, yes, yes it is. Thanks (:
hơn một năm qua SNAPES-LADY said…
sad
Once i read the the bible from back to cover,i was horrifide by how EVIL! the god depicted there in, was. i knew right then i would never ever want any thing to do with him. to me HE, is a evil monster,because if this, is what they call GOD!, then please let me go to hell, i would rather dance with the devil, then spend enternity with a monster like the biblical god!
Agreed, completely and totally agreed.
smile
i agree with u i was forced to read it by my father and like u i was horrfied about what it teached i had nightmares for so long so i understand whwre u r comeing form