video game BIG Announcement From Sony Revealed

BlueBadger posted on Mar 31, 2009 at 12:47AM
Well, Sony just spilled the beans on their latest move in the Video Game Industry. And that so-called "big" move is...

A price-cut for the PlayStation 2.

Now, I know what you're thinking. "Why didn't they cut the price of the PS3? Doesn't everyone already HAVE a PS2?" Well, the answer is the fact that by cutting the price of the PS2, they'll sell more units and make tons more money at the same time. By making this questioningly bizarre move, Sony will use the PS2 to let the PS3 catch up with the Xbox 360 and Wii in terms of both sales AND popularity. Of course, I don't really care too much about the price-cut itself, due to the fact that I've owned my Phat PS2 for almost seven years.
last edited on Mar 31, 2009 at 05:14PM

video game 8 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua DoctorSpud said…
meh
Urmmm...I knew that Sony was making some big announcement of some kind, but I don't see how cutting the price of a last-gen console that you can get for around 50 bucks or so on Ebay these days will help the PS3 in any way. I was kind of expecting them to lower the price of the PS3 as well as announce a killer new app or something.
hơn một năm qua BlueBadger said…
So was I. Even though I already own a PS3, I still wish, for everyone else's sake, that Sony would cut the price of the PS3. The only reason as to why I'm still sticking up for the PS2 is because of the fact that the PS2 itself is proof that Sony doesn't ever let their predecessors down until they are no longer needed. Does this remind you of Microsoft in any way?
smile
No, not at all!!
... are you sure that you're NOT being sarcastic? Well, everyone who owned an Xbox (not 360) got mad when the next console came out (including me) because Microsoft had dropped all their support for their first gaming console. This is the reason as to why there aren't any more games for the Xbox. The reason why supporting the lower class is important is because doing so can earn you tons more money. It's exactly what Sony did for the PSOne and 2, and it's also what they're doing with the PS2 and 3.
last edited hơn một năm qua
Lol, NO, I was not being sarcastic at all. (If you don't take this hint, you're a retard.)
hơn một năm qua PrinceKiseki said…
Thats not nice!
Anyway... PS2 does seem to have the biggest game library and I still see people buy them.
More people buy them than PS3.
I personally tink that Xenosaga 123 , Godhand , .Hack , FF12 and Silent Hill 2 are the best games.
The only game that I actually own out of the ones you just commented on is Final Fantasy XII, which, in my opinion, is probably the best Final Fantasy for the PS2. Some other great games that I know of are the Sly, Ratchet, and Jak games (Jak is my favorite), Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 (I haven't played Re: Chain of Memories yet), and Psychonauts (it may not be a PlayStation exclusive, but it was an awesome game).
hơn một năm qua knifewrench said…
sad
That's painfully disappointing. I mean, everyone and their dog has a PS2. GDC this year has been horrible...