Betty xấu xí it's official: matt is now a permanent character on UB!!

waichingliu81 posted on Jun 25, 2009 at 08:45PM
Ausiello: Daniel Eric Gold Has been Promoted!
June 25, 2009 by Tom

Ausiello has some casting news about Ugly Betty, and it’s big enough to give it top billing in this week’s Ask Ausiello column.

Question: Will Daniel Eric Gold, who plays Betty ex-BF/boss Matt, be returning to Ugly Betty next season? –Janeen

Ausiello: Not only is he returning, but sources confirm to me exclusively that he’s been promoted to a full-fledged series regular! But don’t take that to mean Matt and Betty will reunite and live happily ever after. In fact, I hear Betty producers are already cooking up a fresh obstacle for the pair, and rumor has it they want him to be lovable and blue collarish. (Think Seth Rogen only much cheaper.)

So, Daniel Eric Gold has been promoted to series regular.(Mr Gold, pick up your phone…it’s Christopher Gorham.).

Actually, this isn’t too surprising; Silvio Horta had kind of hinted at it at the end of season 3, and with all the "I love you, I hate you" story lines that are possible between Matt and Betty, the writers have a really good foundation for story lines in season 4.

Now, this "obstacle" (ie, another possible Betty love interest, if I’m understanding Ausiello) - made me roll my eyes. He kind of sounds like Gio, although Gio was turned very quickly from working class sandwich guy to struggling entreprenuer.

We’ll watch the casting notices, but I like the idea of a Seth Rogen type (especially if they use pre-weight loss Rogen as the prototype). Now that Betty’s an editor, maybe this young man is going to be her assistant?

Come to think of it, that might be the role of the beautiful African American woman the show is casting. (Another idea is that she’s replacing Christina - SOMEBODY has to work in The Closet).

I love this time of year - the speculation is wide open!

link

Betty xấu xí 6 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua BeSafe said…
Okay so personally I am very happy about this news! I'm a Matt fan, liked him since the first episode he was in! (lol possibly partly because he could be an awesome catalyst for Daniel/Betty) Glad he's gonna be a regular now!
hơn một năm qua waichingliu81 said…
yeah, plus it is good to have another male character as a regular on the show, though espcially at mode because all we have at the moment is daniel and marc. also, matt is another cute looking guy alongside those two as well ;)!
hơn một năm qua sba_85 said…
I think it's great!I like Matt.It should be interesting to see where the writers go with his character.
hơn một năm qua beatrice1979a said…
tongue
Well, I am glad you rejoice to the fact that they are spending money on signing a new character played by an average actor in the place of other actors like Jensen, Blue, Gorham, Rodriguez (of course), among others...
That's dropping quality big time. Also that means they are going to focus more in Betty and less in other characters we love like Willy, Marc and the Suarez family. If they were going to make us focus in Betty's lovelife I'd rather see an outstanding actor to play that role... not just... Daniel Eric Gold. Sorry, I've been fan of the show since the start and this is setting for scraps. I refuse to compare this guy to Ignacio, Willy, Daniel, Amanda, Marc, Daniel, Willy or any other of the UB cast members.

Besides, didn't they say they were cutting costs and trying to reduce the number of cast members because they were many different stories?
hơn một năm qua snuggles8959 said…
smile
I think it's good!! Now we will have to wait and see where the writers go with his character & his interaction with Betty..
hơn một năm qua kittiekat202 said…
smile
Yay!! This is good news for me, as I've loved Matt from the start. He's so sweet and goofy.