Seri chạng vạng Why Nessie physically should NOT exist.

belle_fille posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 01:03AM
Nessie (because I can't spell her full name) is a perfect hybrid. She even beat Bella for the Mary Sue prize. She's adorable, quiet, beautiful, has a power (aren't those supposed to be RARE?) and all-around... perfect. This perfect little bloodsucker shouldn't exist. WARNING: THIS IS FOR MATURE TWILIGHTERS ONLY! MEANING: 13 AND UP, AT LEAST.
I'll start with her conception.

To begin with, Nessie's chances of being concieved are absolutely 0%. Here's why:
Edward has often been described as "ice cold." Sperm need a certain heat to survive. If Edward was, in fact, as icy as Bella thinks he is, the sperm wouldn't survive. Assuming there is sperm, I mean. According to Meyer, when one is turned into a vampire, not only are they frozen in a permanent state of being (basically, Edward wouldn't be able to make any more sperm), BUT all of their bodily fluids are turned into vampiric venom (apparently, even the venom in their eyes - BD, page 501). Even if they were capable of having sex, his venom/semen would literally eat away at her from the inside, effectively turning her into a female Adonis, or killing her.
Basically, there is no way Renesmee (I FIGURED IT OUT :D ) could have been concieved.

Okay, so let's assume that Nessie WAS concieved, although it's impossible.
According to Meyer, vampires have 25 chromosomes, werewolves (and our darling hell-child) have 24, while humans have 23. Even if Nessie was concieved, the chromosomes match up during miosis, and there would therefore have been two extra chromosomes left over. Now, I don't know much about Downs syndrome, but I'm pretty sure that they have 24 chromosomes. Wait, wouldn't that make BOTH the werewolves and Nessie have Downs syndrome?
(I'm sorry, I had to pause right here. My hands literally started shaking with anger)
I'm not going to elaborate on the "chromosome" problem any more, as I think the evidence that I've given has already adequately killed Meyer's theories.

[[Extra Special Section: If the werewolf gene is hereditary, why would their "powers" only show up in their teens, if it is, in fact, a gene that is obtained at birth (and not an STD)? In addition, why is it all males (with ONE exception) that are werewolves? Even if there WAS an explanation for the reason why only guys become werewolves, it must have to do with their not having periods, as Leah is going through menopause.]]

Moving on... To Nessie's time in Bella's womb.

Despite the fact that Twilight (and it's sequels) are fiction, Meyer has placed the events in our world. Therefore, a human should follow the guidelines from this world.
1. If Bella's pregnancy happened as quickly as Meyer said it did, she likely would have committed suicide from the raging hormones.
2. Bella's skin would have been scarred beyond repair, as a woman's skin is not meant to stretch over a foot in UNDER A MONTH. In addition, Nessie is covered in a "marble-hard covering" over Bella's amniotic sac. THAT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE. jfdaklfdahiogbs''sajfdn afd;jk;ahfaklj;
3. Bella's body should have violently rejected Renesmee, causing her to have a miscarriage.

I'll excuse the gory, gory birth of the demon hell-child for now, because I understand that this IS a fiction book, and hey, if Meyer wants to make her vampire hubby eat his daughter's "protective covering" off of his wife's stomach (not to mention break every bone in her protagonist's body), then she can be my guest.

Jacob's imprinting on Nessie should not have happened. Imprinting, as explained by Meyer, is a survival mechanism for werewolves - to ensure that they fall in love with someone who can more easily further the werewolf line! I'll ignore how unbelievably sexist that is for now, and save that topic for another rant. How is our little half-vampire a good choice, for any evolutionary standard? Especially one who has Downs syndrome? Not only has there been a notorious hatred between the vampires and werewolves, that actually goes WAY back into mythology, but I doubt that, by an evolutionary standard, a fully grown man would imprint on a baby who's NOT EVEN A DAY OLD? Charles Darwin is rolling in his grave.

Lastly, Nessie's rapid growth. Assuming that her body can meet all the standards (for example, her skin not bursting because she's growing SO quickly), how is she not eating constantly? to fuel her body's accelerated growth? In addition, why is she not frequently in pain from the growth spurts? I can tell from experience - growing pains hurt. A LOT.

Even her psychology would be significantly messed up. According to Erikson, who's theory is accepted worldwide, she would have (by Bella's calculations) three years to adequately complete 6 stages of psychological development.

[For those who have NO idea what I'm talking about, Erikson's developmental stages outline the challenges that must be overcome in each stage of human development, and the consequence if the challenge is not overcome. Here's a website to understand the concept: link

In each stage of development, there is a crucial psychological crisis that must be overcome, or else the child will suffer greatly. Nessie, in under three years, would have to cram almost 20 years of hardship into her life.
These conflicts include:
Trust vs. Mistrust
Autonomy vs. Shame and Doubt
Initiative vs. Guilt
Industry vs. Inferiority
Identity vs. Role Confusion/Diffusion
Intimacy vs. Isolation

I especially would stress the last two, as Nessie already has her lifetime's partner determined for her. Therefore, she would not have a need to learn who she is, or what she likes in a person - and would immediately accept Jacob - nor would she be able to adequately identify the "intimacy vs. isolation" conflict, and overcome it. This is due to her being groomed her whole life as a mate for Jacob, and her lack of knowledge of other relationships.

Assuming a person has a 50% chance of becoming psychologically disabled in each step, it can be inferred that Nessie's chance is SIGNIFICANTLY higher, not only because of the stresses placed on her mind, and emotional wellbeing, but the time period in which she needs to fit each into. Think about it. After one month (approx.), a newborn child has turned into a (about) 4-year old. Nessie would be in the middle of her Phallic stage (for the sake of trying to not get banned, I won't elaborate on the focus of that stage), and has fit FOUR YEARS of potential screw-ups into one month. Supernatural family or not, that's insane and unhealthy.

Ergo, Nessie would either be perverted and deviant from the normal child, or she would be dead. That's assuming she would even have been concieved at all.

[Author's Note: Wow, I had so much fun writing this. It may be hard to believe that I liked this, but it's entirely true. The only thing that makes me infuriated is Meyer's apparent lack of attention to the sciences. It makes me doubt that she even went to middle school.
TODAY'S LESSON: Don't try to explain impossible events with science. It will ALWAYS end up with epicFAIL

Seri chạng vạng 26 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...