From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Stewart at Hollywood Life Magazine's 7th Annual Breakthrough Awards, December 2007
Born Kristen Jaymes Stewart
April 9, 1990 (age 19)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Years active 1999 – present
Kristen Jaymes Stewart (born April 9, 1990) is an American film and ti vi actress. She is known for roles in films such as Panic Room, Zathura, In the Land of Women, Adventureland, Into the Wild, The Messengers and Twilight.
• 1 Early life
• 2 Career
• 3 Personal life
• 4 Filmography
• 5 References
• 6 External đường dẫn
Stewart was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. Her father, John Stewart, is a stage manager and ti vi producer who has worked for Fox. Her mother, Jules Mann-Stewart, is a script supervisor originally from Maroochydore, Queensland, Australia. She attended school until the seventh grade, and then continued her education bởi correspondence. She has an older brother, Cameron Stewart.
Stewart's diễn xuất career began at the age of eight, after an agent saw her perform in her elementary school's giáng sinh play. Stewart's first role was a short, nonspeaking part in the Disney Channel TV production The Thirteenth Year. She subsequently appeared in the independent film The Safety of Objects, in which she played the tomboy daughter of a troubled single mother (Patricia Clarkson). Stewart had a major role in the Hollywood film Panic Room, playing the sullen, diabetic daughter of a divorced mother (Jodie Foster). The film received generally positive reviews, and Stewart garnered positive notices for her performance.
After Panic Room's success, Stewart was cast in another thriller, Cold Creek Manor, playing the daughter of Dennis Quaid and Sharon Stone's characters; the film generally failed at the box office. Her first starring role followed, in the children's action-comedy Catch That Kid, opposite Max Thieriot and Corbin Bleu. Stewart also played the role of Lila in the thriller Undertow. To date, Stewart's most critically acclaimed role may be in the ti vi film Speak (2004), based on the novel bởi Laurie Halse Anderson. Stewart, 13 at the time of filming, played high school freshman Melinda Sordino, who stops almost all verbal contact after being raped and who deals with enormous amounts of emotional turmoil. Stewart received great praise for playing the character, who had only a few speaking lines, but kept up a dark-witted commentary inside her head throughout the film.
In 2005, Stewart appeared in the fantasy-adventure film Zathura, playing the role of Lisa, the irresponsible older sister of two little boys, who turn their house into a spacecraft hurtling uncontrollably in outer không gian bởi playing a board game. The movie received praise bởi critics, but Stewart's performance did not garner much media attention as it was noted that her character is immobilized during most of the movie. The following year, she played the character Maya in Fierce People, directed bởi Griffin Dunne. After that film, she received the lead role of Jess Solomon in the Supernatural thriller movie The Messengers.
In 2007, Stewart appeared as teenager Lucy Hardwicke in In the Land of Women, a romantic drama starring Meg Ryan and The O.C. ngôi sao Adam Brody. The movie, as well as Stewart's performance, received mixed reviews. That same year, Stewart starred in Sean Penn's critically acclaimed adaptation film Into the Wild. For her portrayal of Tracy — a teenage singer who has a crush on young adventurer Christopher McCandless — Stewart received generally positive reviews. Salon.com considered her work a "sturdy, sensitive performance", and the Chicago Tribune noted that she did "vividly well with a sketch of a role." Her performance was not without detractors, however; Variety's critic Dennis Harvey wrote, "It's unclear whether Stewart means to be playing hippie-chick Tracy as vapid, hoặc whether it just comes off that way." After Into the Wild, Stewart had a cameo appearance in Jumper and also appeared in What Just Happened, which was released in October 2008. She also co-stars in The Cake Eaters and The Yellow Handkerchief, both independent films that have only been screened at film festivals.
On November 16, 2007, Summit Entertainment announced that Stewart would play Isabella "Bella" thiên nga in the movie Twilight, based on Stephenie Meyer's bestselling vampire romance novel of the same name. Stewart was on the set of Adventureland when director Catherine Hardwicke visited her for an informal screen test which "captivated" the director. She stars alongside Robert Pattinson, who plays Edward Cullen, her character's vampire boyfriend. The film began production in February 2008 and finished filming in May 2008. Twilight was released domestically on November 21, 2008. After the release of Twilight, Kristen Stewart was awarded the MTV Movie Award for Best Female Performance for her portrayal as Bella Swan. Stewart will be reprising her role as Bella in the sequel, New Moon, in 2009.
During a radio interview with Big O and Dukes of WJFK 1067, Jason Mewes stated that he is doing a movie called K-11 with Stewart and Nikki Reed, also of Twilight. The film, which is being directed bởi Stewart's mother, takes place in a dorm of the Los Angeles County Jail, and will feature both Stewart and Reed as male characters. Stewart was also cast to portray Joan Jett in The Runaways, a biopic of the titular band from writer-director Floria Sigismondi. Stewart met with Jett over the 2008-2009 New năm to prepare for the role, and hopes to be able to sing in the film.
Stewart currently lives in Woodland Hills in Los Angeles, California. In a 2008 interview with Vanity Fair, Stewart stated that she was dating actor Michael Angarano, her co-star from the movie Speak. Stewart has expressed a desire to live and work in Australia, saying, "I want to go to Sydney trường đại học in Australia. My mom's from there." Apart from acting, she is also interested in attending college in the near future, saying, "I want to go to college for literature. I want to be a writer. I mean, I tình yêu what I do, but it's not all I want to do — be a professional liar for the rest of my life." Stewart is a đàn ghi ta, guitar player and singer.
Year Film Role Notes
The Thirteenth Year
Girl Uncredited (film debut)
The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas
Ring throwing girl
The Safety of Objects
Sam Jennings Minor role (limited release)
Sarah Altman Lead role
Cold Creek Manor
Kristen Tilson Supporting role
Catch That Kid
Maddy Lead role
Lila Supporting role (limited release)
Maya Osbourne Supporting role (limited release)
Lisa Supporting role
Jess Solomon Lead role
In the Land of Women
Lucy Hardwicke Lead role
The Cake Eaters
Georgia Lead role (limited release)
Into the Wild
Tracy Tatro Supporting role
Young Robin Minor role (short film)
The Yellow Handkerchief Martine Supporting role
What Just Happened
Zoe Supporting role
Emily "Em" Lewin Lead role
Welcome to the Rileys
Mallory Lead role (post-production)
Lead role (post-production)
Lead role (filming)
Lead role (pre-production)
1. ^ Kristen Stewart Biography - Yahoo! phim chiếu rạp
2. ^ According to the State of California. California Birth Index, 1905-1995. Center for Health Statistics, California Department of Health Services, Sacramento, California. At Ancestry.com
3. ^ a b c Kristen Stewart Interview, The Messengers - MoviesOnline
4. ^ a b Kristen Stewart - AskMen.com
5. ^ a b Larry Carroll (2008-11-21). "EXCLUSIVE: 'Twilight' Stars Kristen Stewart & Nikki Reed To Reunite, Play Men In Prison Film 'K-11'". MTV. link
. Retrieved on 2008-11-28.
6. ^ Jules Mann-Stewart
7. ^ Kristen Stewart Biography (1990-)
8. ^ Interview from Portrait Magazine
9. ^ "Girls of Fall: Autumn's Crop of Enchanting Entertainers". WWD. 2008-09-29. link
. Retrieved on 2008-11-04.
10. ^ From Suburbia and Stranded Somewhere Near Saturn from New York Times
11. ^ "Into the Wild" from Salon.com
12. ^ Movie review: 'Into the Wild' from Chicago Tribune
13. ^ Into the Wild review from Variety magazine
14. ^ 'What Just Happened' sets release from Hollywood Reporter
15. ^ StephenieMeyer.com | Twilight Series | Twilight | Twilight the Movie
16. ^ Nicole Sperling (2008-07-10). "'Twilight': Inside the First Stephenie Meyer Movie". Entertainment Weekly (Time Inc). link
. Retrieved on 2008-07-26.
17. ^ A Strategic Move? Twilight moves release ngày to November 21st! - The Movie-Fanatic
18. ^ Jason Mewes Interview with Big O and Dukes WJFK 1067
19. ^ Sheila Roberts. "Kristen Stewart Interview, Twilight". phim chiếu rạp Online. link
. Retrieved on 2008-11-28.
20. ^ Borys Kit (2008-12-03). "Kristen Stewart to play Joan Jett". The Hollywood Reporter. link
. Retrieved on 2008-12-03.
21. ^ "Kristen Stewart: Jett-ing Through A Twilight Adventureland". SuicideGirls.com. 1 April 2009. link
. Retrieved on 2009-04-01..
22. ^ Krista Smith (2008-06-30). "Bright Young Hollywood". Vanity Fair. link
. Retrieved on 2009-08-09.
23. ^ Alison Powell (2008-12-17). "Kristen Stewart: Books, Boys, and Surviving 'Twilight'". BlackBook. link
. Retrieved on 2009-08-09.
24. ^ Lynn B.. "Kristen Stewart Gets The "Message"". A Girl's World. link
. Retrieved on 2009-01-02.
25. ^ "The Vanities Girls". Vanity Fair. 2009-02-06. link
. Retrieved on 2009-02-12.
26. ^ Interview from Teen Vogue Magazine
27. ^ Late hiển thị with David Letterman. 2008-11-20.