This bài viết was written bởi fanpop guest contributor Stacee R.
Society seems to be completely fascinated bởi the vampire craze. Films, TV shows, sách and even plays about ma cà rồng have captivated audiences in an extreme way these past couple years. Even with all the vampirey goodness, there’s only one hiển thị worth watching, discussing, and living vicariously through. It’s the CW’s The Vampire Diaries. For all bạn “fang-tastic” những người hâm mộ out there, and bạn know who bạn are, here’s a danh sách of a few things that might make bạn a die-hard Vampire Diaries fan...
1. bạn consider Mystic Falls, Virginia a trang chủ away from home. Although you’re fully aware that this is a fictitious town filled with Supernatural life forms, it still feels like bạn grew up there hoặc at least want to! With sexy ma cà rồng roaming the streets it’s no wonder your dream vaca-spot is suddenly Virginia!
2. bạn know useless facts about the shows pre-production castings. Like the fact that both James van Der Beek and Neve Campbell were up for the roles of Alaric Saltzman and Isobel Fleming. No offense guys, but your teen dream and scream days are far behind you. bạn might want to consider auditioning for a network that caters to viewers your “own age.”
3. Your own tình yêu life is turning into a series of tình yêu triangles. Whether it’s a vampire thing hoặc just for TV dramas, any and all series involving ma cà rồng seem to touch base on these tình yêu triangles that drive the show. True Blood did it with Eric, Bill and Sookie; Twilight did it with Bella, Edward and Jacob; and the Vampire Diaries has done it with Elena, Stefan, and Damon. Just make sure bạn understand that your life isn’t a TV hiển thị and tình yêu triangles are never as glamorous as they appear on screen!
4. bạn know the pilot was shot in Vancouver while the rest of the series films in Covington, Georgia. Due to tax incentives, Georgia is cheaper to film than other parts of the country. Covington has become Mystic Falls and although some neighbors complain about the late night shoots, the town is beginning to warm up to the idea, especially once they saw who was on set!
5. bạn knew a spin-off series was in the works back in 2010 even though it didn’t air until 2013. The Originals is the spin-off series that spun heads. The hiển thị takes place in New Orleans and centers around the “Mikealson siblings” who are the world’s “original vampires.” The hiển thị was placed on hold when Kevin Williamson had prior commitments to the short-lived series, The Secret Circle. Three main characters from TVD have crossed over and continue to play their roles in the new series. The Originals aired in October 2013.
6. bạn realize the success of the hiển thị is because Kevin Williamson is behind it. Williamson brought Dawson’s Creek to the screen and captivated teen audiences throughout the 90’s. His phim chiếu rạp and ti vi shows are always a success and he hit vàng with TVD. TVD is the most viewed series currently on the CW.
7. bạn knew that TVD was renewed for a sixth season on February 13, 2014 and the excitement fueled your very existence.
8. Although Damon will always have a place in your heart, after all Elena and his tình yêu is the reason bạn started watching, Stefan is the Salvatore bạn truly adore! Those hazel eyes, dirty blonde hair, and pouty lips make bạn cringe at the sight of him. Torrey DeVitto was a fool to let this hunky stud-muffin go! The couple chẻ, phân chia, split and filed for divorce in July 2013, good news ladies!