The Hobbit The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Movie Review)

darkgoth posted on Dec 21, 2012 at 05:14AM
E- Value : 8.5/10
Plot: 7.5/10
Acting: 9.5/10(Andy Serkis & Ian McKellen), 8/10(Martin Freeman & Richard Armitage),
7.5 (other cast)

Remember the little nasty, hideous and creepy creature back in 3rd instalment of the Lord of the Rings trilogy..? Hell yeah, ‘My Precious’ Gollum is back and set to meet Frodo(Elijah Woods), oh no, not Frodo this time but his uncle, Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in an event that takes places 60 years before LOTR trilogy.

The young Baggins(Martin Freeman), a hobbit who resides in a cozy hole of Shire expects nothing more than just a simple and organized life. On one fateful day, his long separated acquaintance, the wizard, Gandalf the Grey(Ian McKellen) appears at his doorway and put up a deal to recruit him to accompany thirteen dwarves on the quest to reclaim their lost kingdom of Erebor which is now fallen under the reign of Swarge the dragon. The reluctant hero Baggins at first declines the offer as it sounds like an adventure that he is not fully accustomed with, but after constant persuasion by Gandalf who also discreetly left an invisible mark at Baggins’ door to invite the thirteen dwarves to his house, he finally sign up the deal. Heading out from his hole, Baggins joins Gandalf alongside the thirteen dwarves to a journey that leads towards some unexpected encounters with witches, wizards, elves, goblins, orcs and wargs. At goblins’ mountain, Baggins accidentally stumbles upon a hideous, creepy and neurotic creature known as Gollum who is going to change his life forever…

Plots in this film overall churned out without a hitch. The most intense scene is where Baggins trapped inside at Goblins’ cave with Gollum, seeing these two playing some kind of riddle is pretty intense. However, there’s certain point that holds me back a little which associated with the long foretold coveted ‘ring’ which is supposed to taint its owner with greed and malice, but then why our lead cast here, Baggins seems like wasn’t affected at all after wearing the ring?

CGI wargs (Orcs’ pets) and Gollum appears incredibly real. Good job on that.

Andy Serkis the man behind voices and movement of the remarkable creepy creature in LOTR ever, Gollum despite with such brief scene adequate to steal the thunder of the rest characters. Why..? Well just look at his emotional conflicted expression and often with speaks with ‘we’ instead of ‘I’ and also his signature ‘my precious’ you’ll get what I mean. Gollum is yet another excellent performance by Serkis after his projection of motion and voices to Captain Haddock (The Adventure of Tintin) and also the remarkable monkey of Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

The stunning visual effect props alongside with soundtrack really transported audiences to otherworldly spectrum.

Overall, there is nothing to complain about this fantastic movie and also with this film wrapped up with a hint of sequel at the Lonely Mountain, and of course, I’m counting on that!

The Hobbit No các câu trả lời