Rose Tyler Doomsday and the Amber Spyglass *possible spoilers*

snoznoodle posted on Jun 06, 2008 at 02:02PM
Doomsday happened to be the first Doctor Who episode I ever saw and the reason I decided to watch the whole series was because of the ending. Obviously it was sooooo sad but I also noticed that it is really similar to the ending of the Amber Spyglass.

For those of you who don't know, Amber Spyglass is the third book in the Golden Compass trilogy by Philip Pullman (recently made into a feature film) and if you don't want to know the ending look away now!!!

Will and Lyra who both come from alternate universes just realised they'd fallen in love (they were about 13) and then found out that they had to return to their own universes. If they stayed in the other's universe for too long eventually they'd get sick and die and all the entries to alternate universes had to be closed off.

So basically, the story ended with them never being able to see each other again!

Doomsday reminded me so much of it. Did anyone else notice??

Rose Tyler 4 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua Gabitha said…
I never thougth of that connenction, but now that you have said it, they do remind me of the other :D Both had really sad endings... i wish the doctor and rose had a tree they would go and sit on at the same time to remind them od each other - how sweet would that be?
hơn một năm qua snoznoodle said…
Yeah that'd be so sweet! At least Rose is coming back!
hơn một năm qua Gabitha said…
Yeah! I can not wait until they are together again! lol :D
hơn một năm qua torchwood said…
i am just half way though that book im loving it