Oliver Wood Was Oliver Wood a good captain?

delamico posted on Aug 25, 2010 at 06:53PM
In the books we can see many different sides of Oliver Wood, Gryffindor Keeper. He held long speeches before the matches to create a delighted, yet determined atmosphere within his team, yet he's quite obsessed with winning every single match, as we see that in book 3 when he expresses how he didn't care Harry being thrown off his Firebolt once he caught the Snitch. So I thought we could give a couple, or more, words to the question, whether Wood was a good captain or too much of a performance obsessed leader of his team.
After you lot :)
save

Oliver Wood 7 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua LifesGoodx3 said…
I think he had good intentions, and he was a good captain most of the time. But his obsession for the game & want to win were sometimes too much & he got carried away.
hơn một năm qua delamico said…
Aha, I agree with you. Sometimes it was rather disturbing. When he kept telling Harry every time they met on the corridors not to catch the Snitch while they are not 50 points ahead.... geez, that put me off. And Harry too, I bet :D But he was really nice when he held those speeches before a match and complimented every team member.
I know sometimes I felt like his only characteristic was being obsessed with Quidditch, what else do we know about him? Ahaha he's athletic & has an obsession with Quidditch. That's all...
well he also turned up to fight at the end of book 7, so he was brave, he cried after winning the Quidditch final, so he's emotional and he was modest, because he always said how great the team was and mentioned himself only like "plus here's me".
Aw that's true! I forgot about all that.Well of course he was brave, he was a gryffindor! I was glad he turned up at the Battle of Hogwarts.
Me too! That's my fav chapter in the whole series.
hơn một năm qua MMR86 said…
big smile
I agree with delamico, there were a lot of different sides to Oliver. But I think even though he loved Quidditch, he really respected his team. I think he's a sweetheart, and Sean Biggerstaff gave us a sexy Oliver Wood!