Merlin trên BBC How old is Merlin?

knight_princess posted on Oct 23, 2009 at 08:58PM
How old do you think Merlin, Arthur, Morgana and Gwen are? (I know how old the actors are but what age do you think their characters are?)
 How old do bạn think Merlin, Arthur, Morgana and Gwen are? (I know how old the actors are but what ag

Merlin trên BBC 54 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 54

hơn một năm qua Queen_I said…
I think Merlin is maybe 20 and so is Arthur. The girls may be older, but they are all in the begining of their twenties.
At least that is what I think ;)
hơn một năm qua heartmerlin2 said…
I agree. they are supposed to be young adults so i would say 20-23.
last edited hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua knight_princess said…
I do know that Arthur is twenty. My father says that Colin Morgan is one of those 'ageless' actors. He can easily play a 15 year old or a twenty-five year old. My sister thought Merlin looked 17ish, and I think Gwen and Morgana look about 20-23.
It's an interesting topic....
hơn một năm qua judyth1 said…
Artur is now 22, because in first series he was 21

Morgana is 23-24

Merlin 19-20
hơn một năm qua fantasyluva123 said…
I strongly believe Merlin and Arthur are the same age - 20-21
hơn một năm qua Shepard14 said…
I believe Arthur is 22

Merlin i am not sure.....he could play any age well

Morgana I think is 21

and Gwen i believe is 20
Morso commented…
bạn mean like he played Dragoon the Great XD hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua morgause said…
smile
I recall Uther telling Morgana she wasn't around 20 years ago in season 1, so that kinda puts things into perspective. If you think about the time-line of The Great Purge, Arthur should have been 20 in season one, 21 in season 2. I'd had probably said Merlin was around 18 when he came to Camelot, but that just my opinion. I'd assume Gwen was about Merlin's age, a year or so younger than Morgana.
hơn một năm qua gwenandarthur said…
I think that arthur and merlin are both 22 years old and so is morgana maybe a year older but gwen is either also 22 or 20/21
hơn một năm qua TheLadyOlivia said…
In Excalibur (Episode 9 Series 1) Arthur had come of age, so that would make him 21.

I would say Merlin was 21 when he arrived in Camelot. As Johnny Capps said, they were going to make Merlin and Arthur contempary. I believe Merlin is older than Arthur because that would be the only part in the legend they kept true or i would say if he was younger he wouldn't be younger by much :)

I would say Morgana was older than Merlin and Arthur in series 1 and I would say she was 22 in series 1.

And finally I would say Gwen was 20 at the start of series 1 because in my head it seems right to have her younger than the rest of the characters. I would say there isn't much age difference between her and Merlin or Arthur...depends which one is older.

So now we are going series 3 i would say:

Arthur - 23
Merlin - 23
Morgana - 24
Gwen - 22
hơn một năm qua VenusNight said…
Arthur wont be 22 he will be 23 because series 3 is a year after 2
hơn một năm qua chickencheese said…
Hmmm....well I have no idea! When I first saw Merlin I automatically assumed he was a young boy, not a young adult, but obviously that's a bit strange! So I agree with the rest of you- in their twenties.
hơn một năm qua Mallory101 said…
Arthur is 22 [Turning 23 in Season 3]
Merlin is around the same Age I'm guessing.
Morgana is 22? 23?
Gwen is the youngest ; 21.

So Yeah , Like everyone said ; Early twenties
hơn một năm qua nimone said…
hmmm
no idea
hơn một năm qua chickencheese said…
big smile
HAHA! I found out! I asked Bradley on Facebook (on Formspring) and he said they are all early twenties! WE WERE RIGHT!

(he also said yes, it is hard to fight in all that armour; it gets really hot inside)
hơn một năm qua heartmerlin2 said…
big smile
Lol chickencheese!
Here's what I think;
- Arthur 23
- Merlin 22 (almost 23)
- Morgana 24
- Gwen (early) 21
Tbh, i don't think when the producers made the show, they thought of the characters ages. Although, it would be nice to have an ep. that celebrates one of the main characters birthdays as well as having a big adventure in the middle. :D
hơn một năm qua lira872 said…
ok, so i now know the age of them all, i worked it out (connections)
merlin= 23
arthur= 24
morgana= ????
gwen= dun dun dun dun (drum roll)...24!!!
and we have a winner!!! hope this helps :)
hơn một năm qua abbasadam19 said…
i think
Merlin is 25
Arthur is 28
Morgana is 30
Gwen is 46
and
the king is 44
HarleySkywalker commented…
that cant be true hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua justliveitlive said…
^ the king is younger than Gwen? Jesus
hơn một năm qua SpotTheLady said…
in the first series Merlin was like 16 or 17 :P
hơn một năm qua jaqtkd said…
My feeling has always been that in the first episode.

Merlin = 19
Arthur = 20
Gwen & Morgana = 18

Although, in medieval times they should all be very much younger than that.
hơn một năm qua diademrocks said…
woah...i thought they were all teenagers O.o
hơn một năm qua kseide14 said…
wasn't Arthur 21 in the black knight episode.
hơn một năm qua RadioGallifrey said…
Well Arthur was coming of age, so 21.
Merlin was being described as a young boy, and in the script he is the same age as Morgana...who is under the age of 20 because Uther said in an episode about the great purge 'before you were born'. So Merlin and Morgana are 19 or less. Gwen she seems very mature, she could be 21 or older.
hơn một năm qua MerlinFanATL said…
i think
merlin is 22
morgana is 22
arthur is 23
gwen is 22

but I'm placing that NOW, after two years or so plus the extra year of Morgana's disappearance. Therefore, at the beginning of season one, they would be severeal years younger.
hơn một năm qua hypergeek21 said…
I always thought that Merlin was younger than Arthur and so was Morgana. I reckon that Arthur is the oldest because he's so protect over the others, like an older brother.
I think there ages are(around series 3):
Merlin = 21
Arthur = 23
Gwen = 22
Morgana = 21

hơn một năm qua nimone said…
this is a hard question
hơn một năm qua xrayana said…
Merlin is younger than Arthur fo sure and so is Morgana. Gwen might be a little older than them.
Merlin - 19
Arthur - 21
Morgana - 20
Gwen - 22 or 23
hơn một năm qua izzybell said…
I agree with you all I think they were all in there early 20's, why else would they cast actors who look that age.
hơn một năm qua vick2075 said…
big smile
here goes:

merlin = 19
Arthur = 20
Morgana = 21
Gwen = 23

& hihihihi Gaius = 127
hơn một năm qua IcLufeMinBytt said…
wink
^Haha! xD Gaius has always existed... ;P

I think that Gwen is the youngest, then Merlin closely followed by Arthur and the oldest is Morgana... ;)
I think that because Gwen in the first series seemed younger than the others, espesially Morgana, who seemed very ripe. She knew what she belived in and wasn't that careful and uncertan as Gwen was. She is also the first of our four young main characters who has followed her destiny... She has revealed who she truely is! Arthur isn't king yet, and so isn't Gwen queen... And Merlin may protect Arthur and Camelot, but he hasn't revealed who he is and he hasn't become the loyal advisor to the greatest king word has ever known... ;)
We hear in the first season that it's 20 years since the Great Dragon been captured... Uther told Balinor, Merlin's father, that he wanted to make peace with Kilgharrah, but instead Uther cheated him and captured the Dragon. Uther wanted to kill Balinor even when he had helped him catch Kilgharrah, just because he was a Dragonlord. Balinor fled to Ealdor and lived with Hunith... It's now our dear Merlin emerge ;)
Before the Great Purge where the Dragon was captured, there was a reason to why magic was banned for the kingdom, and as we all know it's Arthur's birth... That's why Arthur is alittle older than Merlin... ;) A reason more to why Morgana is the oldest is that I don't think Uther wanted to be with anyone else than Ygraine after her terrible death, which he actually had caused... As we hear in series 2 episode 5, Uther still can't kiss someone, even when it's over 20 years ago! ;B So his first child must be Morgana, which also will be a reason to why Morgana thought it was unfair that she wasn't the first heir to the thrown... ;) Gwen is simply the youngest, because she seams younger... xD Haha ;)

In series four I think there ages will be:

Gwen: 23
Merlin: 24
Arthur:25
Morgana: 26-27
smile
But i thought Morgana was the offspring of Igraine and Gorlois, just like Morgause and Elaine...only Arthur is a half brother to them...But it remains that Morgana in both cases must be older than Arthur....and throughout the episodes you can see the,...the immaturity of Merlin in some cases, especially regarding Freya (he just didn't know what he was getting himself into, until the last moments).....as for Gwen, well she is very ambiguous at best regarding her age as portrayed by the episodes and it is no surprise as her "love" role is also ambiguous as she harbours sub-conscious love for Lancelot and at the same time is "infatuated" with Arthur...well (that's how i describe it)....so i'm not surprised if some think she's the oldest and at the same time others think she's youngest....but i opt for the former....as before...
wink
^ No, Uther is Morgana's father and Gorlois's wife Vivienne is her mother... ;) We hear that in the 5 episode of season 3 ("The Crystal Cave") ;D
smile
ok... :) but i was referring to the normal Arthurian legends....well let's just say they are in their early twenties....hihihi
smile
^^ Oh! Okay :) Yeah, I also believe that... ^w^
hơn một năm qua blah92 said…
Hmmm... not sure about the rest of characters but first day Merlin arrived to Camelot it was 20th anniversary of imprisoning the Dragon (so 20 years ago Balinor helped Uther and then he escaped to Ealdor) which means Merlin could be a bit more than 19 years old then ;)
laugh
agreed blah92....
hơn một năm qua wynja said…
As the series start with the 20th anniversary of inprisoning the dragon, it means Merlin wasn´t born or "made" yet. Balinor fled to Ealdor and probably stayed there for a while before he had to escape again. He obviusly didn´t know that Hunith was pregnant when he left, so Merlin can´t be more than 19 years old when the series start. Probably 18 or 19.

This makes Arthur older than Merlin. Arthur was born BEFORE the great purge - it was because of that, Uther started it. Merlins was born AFTER. I also think that Morgana was born before Arthur, and Gwen looks a bit older (the actress, Angel, is a couple of years older than the others.) So my guess - based on these facts:

(When the series start)

Merlin: 18-19
Arthur: 20
The girls: 21-22
hơn một năm qua wynja said…
And this makes them around 25 now, in the 4th season. (Wich is closer to the actors age.)

hơn một năm qua AmyofCamelot said…
kiss
I agree with the above
hơn một năm qua Alethia_II said…
I think Arthur is the oldest of four and I believe he is around 26, seeing he turned 21 and made crown prince in "Excalibur" plus two missing years between series 2 and 3, and series 3 and 4. Seeing Balinor escaped Camelot after Great Dragon was imprisoned which was at the ending of the Great Purge, I'd say Merlin is at least a year younger than Arthur, so that would make him now around 25 or 24. Morgana was born after Arthur, Uther said so when he told Gaius about his affair with Vivienne, so that would make her more Merlin's age, 25 or 24 and I believe Gwen is of their peerage as well.
hơn một năm qua ooturioo said…
But they do say that Morgana can take the throne... what about that??? :D
hơn một năm qua Articuno224 said…
I don't agree, I think Morgana seems to be older than Arthur.
hơn một năm qua Merlinwizerd said…
big smile
I think right now for season 5 right now Arthur is the oldest and Merlin the Youngest
Merlin is 21 or 20
Arthur is 25 or 26
Morgana is 21 or 22
Gwen is 23 or 24
hơn một năm qua MikeAP001 said…
smile
I think when Merlin first came to Camelot in S01, the ages for the four characters:

Merlin is 16 (He wasn't born during the Great Purge; Hunith and Balinor were still in Camelot trying to avoid Uther; and for a time they did and settled in Ealdor.)
Arthur is 20 (His birth resulted in the Great Purge which ended 20 years earlier)
Morgana is 20 going on 21 by the show's end (She wasn't in Camelot during the Great Purge)
Gwen is 18 (She looked older because she had a rough life)

Since S05 begins 3 years after S04, when the final episode of S05 happens, Merlin would have been in Camelot 10 years (end of season 1= 1year, end of season 2= 2 years, end of season 3=4 years, end of season 4= 6 years; start of season 5= 9 years; all based on the Celtic calendar of events.). So, by the end of S05, Merlin would have been in Camelot almost 10 years and these ages would seem about right:

Merlin is 25 going on 26 (Colin Morgan joked that in S05, he and Merlin would be about the same age)
Arthur is 29 going on 30
Morgana is 29 going on 30
Gwen is 28
hơn một năm qua AmazingBelle said…
smile
I think that:
Merlin - 22
Arthur - 23
Morgana - 24
Gwen - 21/22
hơn một năm qua minde31 said…
cool
I think merlin age 25 +
hơn một năm qua scarypanther said…
i think that merlin is younger than arthur and morgana is older than arthur because if uther would kill thousands of innocent lives because of yigraine only to cheat on her with morgana's mom after she died
hơn một năm qua gingernut12345 said…
Morgana is definitely older than Arthur . I reckon Merlin is two to three years younger than Arthur and Gwen maybe a year younger .
So here's what I think : (end of series 5)
Arthur : 26
Merlin : 23 (maybe 24)
Gwen : 25
Morgana : 27

At the start of the 1st series I reckon :
Arthur 21 :
Merlin : 18 (maybe 19)
Gwen : 20
Morgana : 22

I'm not sure I'm accurate , but Morgana was definitely born first , so that's why I put a year between her and Arthur .
hơn một năm qua nimasha said…
its really hard to guess da ages>>bt i guess dat merlin is may be 20.>>>arthur- 22...gwen-21.nd morgana may be 21
hơn một năm qua guineapi101 said…
I think that morgana is older than arthur why else would she say she's the rightful hier