I'm not sure if this subject has really been touched on yet, but I would like to bring it up. I've noticed this for quite a long time now. It seems like there a lot characters in the hiển thị that have had/have problems with their dad. The thêm and thêm characters I realized had this in commmon, the thêm interested I became. Here, in somewhat brief descriptions, are most of what I could think of.
- Jack: dad was an alcoholic, had family he didnt know about(Claire), dad died, sees dad on island
- Kate: blew up her real dad, dad abused her and her mother
- Locke: dad was never around, dad steals his kidney, conned people, pushed Locke out a window
- Sun: father runs Paik industries, had Jin become his "hitman", evil
- Jin: father was a fisherman, ashamed of it
- Claire: dad never around, died, never knew about Jack
- Aaron: real dad walked out on Claire, his "island dad" Charlie died
- Sawyer: dad commited suicide after killing his wife
- Hurley: dad left at early age, tried tricking him into keeping the money
- Walt: never had dad around when young, until his mother died. Dad tries to commit suicide, blown up on freighter
- Shannon: dad dies
- Ben: dad blamed him for his mothers death, mean to him, killed bởi Ben
- Penny: father is Charles Widmore. Enough said.
- Alex: never met her birth father. "Island dad" was Ben. Even though he did tình yêu her, again, enough said.
Well, this pretty much what I've got right now. If some of it doesnt really make sense hoặc if my info is off, I apologize, I am nghề viết văn this at about 3 a.m :] But I have to believe this is thêm than coincidence. But, if there is something to this, than what is it? What is the exact signifigance, and it's tie into the show? Maybe I will do some research. What do bạn think?