House Season 5 IS good!

misanthrope86 posted on Dec 07, 2008 at 10:57AM
*SPOILERS for Season 5*

I needed some positivity about season 5, so feel free to talk about the things that you are liking about season 5!
If you want to discuss things that you DON'T like about season 5, go to link for a discussion!
save

House 56 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 56

hơn một năm qua amberRocks said…
Hey I made a forum to talk about season 5 first!
hơn một năm qua pollyloveshouse said…
LOL!
And my forum is not only about people that don't like season 5!People that like season 5 can also state their opinion!!!
hơn một năm qua misanthrope86 said…
I have liked:

- House's character development and his actions in general. For example, giving the gun back to Jason in 'Last Resort' was classic House! Also loving his confusion about his relationship with Cuddy, as well as his realisation that he really, really needs Wilson.

- Thirteen's character development. I think she is a really interesting character who provides a lot of insight into the human condition. She also is the only woman on the show with the guts to stand up to House in a meaningful way.

- Kutner and Taub always providing HILARIOUS remarks!

- The Foreteen story arc! I think these 2 are great together. Go to the Foreteen spot if you want more info on why I think they are awesome!

This is a forum minus negativity. I don't care if I'm the only fucking person in here.
hơn một năm qua pollyloveshouse said…
Good on you Misanthrope!

I shall refrain from any negativity =D

I completely agree with three of your points! I am enjoying developing Thirteen's character, I'm finding it really interesting, seeing how she's coping with her diagnosis in different ways throughout the season. And I also agree that it is a good insight on human behavior.

Kutner and Taub are brilliant!! And Taub in general, I am liking him much more this season!

And the Foreteen storyline, I feel, is being handled superbly!
hơn một năm qua PotterGal said…
You're not the only person here missy! I really love so many aspects of Season 5 as well.

- First of all, i ADORE the character development we've gotten so far this season. We've come to learn so much more about certain characters and get much more insight into the lives of others. It's just brilliant - especially since i've wanted to know so much about these character's backgrounds for a long time now.

- I LOVE how the new team have fitted in so well (and so hilariously). Kutner and Taub have especially stolen my heart with their antics. I'm still on the fence with Thirteen but i've been starting to like her so much more after the recent episodes.

- The Huddy arc. OMFG, FINALLY the arc Huddy fans have been waiting for. I'm enjoying it so FREAKING much it's pretty much indescribale. I'm still quite stunned at the amount of Huddyness we're being given. *is on a Huddy-high*

I love this season.
hơn một năm qua Biathine said…
Lol! XD I'd like to join but I'm just watching S4 now. :P
But come on, all the Huddy fans! We had kiss in Joy! Where are you?! XDDDDDD
EDITED. Oh XD There you are .:P
last edited hơn một năm qua
LOL. Did someone call Huddy fans?! :P
You came before I called so ... *gives her special-psychic-cookie* XDDD
Can you people take critisism at all?
Sure we can aR, but this forum is for the positive aspects so yeah...POSITIVE THOUGHTS.
And OOH...is that cookie for me? XD
For you both PG XDDD *makes some more cookies*

And of course we can aR, but I personally have enough of critism and negative thoughts in real life.
Yay....nothing like sharing "positiveness" with cookies! ;)
Yeah ... cookies and cute little kittens and world will be saved! XDDD
House should eat some cookies and kiss Cuddy again! ( cause I feel like we stray from the House -point XDDD)
LOL. Oh yeah, gotta stay on topic. ;)
More Huddy kissing...heh, i would be so content with life.
Oohh..i just thought of another thing i love about Season 5. I just ADORE hwo much deeper we are being able to see into House as a character. It's just so wonderful. It's like missy pointed out above - the scene when he gace Jason back the gun - it was just so beautiful because that ESSENTIALLY is House!
And also, Season 4 seemed to miss the much love Wilson/Cuddy interaction which i'm also really enjoying. RSL nad LE are fantastic on screen together. :D
Oh yeah Hugh said it himself RSL and LE are great together! Did you see the interview? They're hilarious! XD
I enjoy Wuddy scenes so much even if they're not really "Wuddy". And new team is also soo funny to watch! ( I haven't seen S5 yet, but I've seen so many spoilers that I can say I'm gonna love it! XD)
And Birtmarks! I've seen that and OMG! Sooo fantastic episode.
hơn một năm qua mrshouse62689 said…
I've loved season five so far. I love the character development (I mean it's been five freaking seasons, it's time for us to know more haha), the Huddy arc (Huddy shipper since season two), and how the old team and new team are being shown together more so everyone is incorporated into the episodes.
Yeah, i saw that interview! Hugh was so sweet about the two of them! And he was completely right though. The scenes they have together...that one in Cuddy's office in "The Itch" was just PURE GOLD. ;)
Ooh, you haven't seen S5 yet? Just "Birthmarks"? When does it come out in your country?
Somewhen in January I think ... it's not really official yet. I've just dowloaded the "Birthmarks" cause I couldn't wait to see Wilson and House together again :P
And bye I gotta go to cinema ( twighlight) :)))
hơn một năm qua babybell said…
i love season 5!!!
its been really good so far, and i really don't think people should complains o mcuh because its not the same as always. ITs swapped around for me; before i used to look forward to the medical cases, but now i look forward to the character development. Instead of "i really want to see the jives house has next week for the new medical patient" its "where the hell did Cuddy just go!?!?"
hơn một năm qua rainbowedlife said…
amberRocks: This is not a thread that was made to criticize or act as a 'rivalry' to your original thread. Personally, I think it's an awesome idea. I'm not going to tell you to stop complaining but why not let others have some positivity for a change? :) I'm pretty sure even you can find something you like about House. Or maybe I'm wrong... (Jokes)

Things I Enjoyed in Season 5 So Far

1. House/Wilson Spat. Although it was pretty depressing, the first few episodes and it was kinda mean of Wilson to just brush him off when House has exposed himself fully to human emotion, I think overall I have enjoyed how House's time apart from Wilson give us hilarious scenes with House and the other doctor (Shears, or something.) and the P.I.

2) Birthmarks is probably one of my favorite episodes ever. I love that character developments that can be seen by House & Wilson & even Cuddy when together. And also the interactions of Thirteen and the patient. (Or was it Kutner and the patient... Yeah. I'm not sure, sorry.) And not to mention that Cuddy sedating House, the whole House/Wilson car trip, the 'How They First Met' background story & the bottle-throwing thing at the funeral was plain HILARIOUS. It was also touching, the scene where House gave the speech at his father's funeral.

3) The Huddy 'Arc' is incredibly satisfying, although you can argue that I am biased towards the topic. I don't just love the 'action' they are getting, I love the roller coaster ride of emotions in each episode, the disappointments and of course the absolute fun in it. I find it amazing how the writers are able to portray everything so well. Again, you can argue that my view is distorted but kindly refrain from doing so - I don't want to type another variation of 'This is my freaking opinion, get over it.'.

4) Thirteen Character Expansion. I hated how the writers portray Thirteen at the beginning of season 5. Yes, hated. She seemed like an opinionated bitch who thinks she has the excuse of acting like a whiny brat just because she has 8 years to live and even less, given how she's throwing her life away. Yeah, I mean, she's dying an all but she overall annoyed me in a big way - at first. But now I can't get enough of her. I love 'Foreteen' scenes and the growth of their relationship, although it does seem kind of obvious (too obvious) sometimes. But I love her. I love her. A lot. I think it's awesome (Again, applause to the writers of House M.D.) how in season 4, she was a O-K (in my opinion) and then a major Miss Negative to Even One of My Favorite Characters Ever.

5) Taub & Kutner (Not as a pairing, god no)... I love them. Taub especially. Like babybell said in the other thread, the old team is also dull compared to the newly improved one! I'm in love with Taub, and Peter Jacobsen & get all warm and fuzzy inside whenever there's a Taub/Wife scene. Kutner is just fun to watch, him getting robbed of all his money in episode 10. <3

6) Patient of the Week. It's only the 10th episode so far, guys, and I think it's pretty good. I don't know about anyone else, I loved the ant-crawling girl from episode 1, the organ fiasco from number 2, even the artist from 3, the Chinese girl's problem was specially icky (LOVE), Lucky Thirteen & Joy patients were very interesting, and everyone else with the exception of the emancipated teen who annoyed the hell out of me was great!

And that's just 5 reasons. I may be coming back with more. It's Christmas (or Non-Denominational Winter), guys, spread the M.D. love!
hơn một năm qua love_not_war_75 said…
I love season 5
Things I love about Season 5:
-Thirteen has lots of screen time (though most people don't)
-The Huddy kiss
-Taub buying coke
-Thirteen hooking up with Spenser in lucky thirteen
(I'll be back with more points later)
hơn một năm qua exodia2370 said…
I really like the current season just as much as the other seasons. It'd get boring for me if the characters just stayed pretty much the same, which would cause them to become basically caricatures. That's the big reason why I stopped watching some other TV shows after the first 3 seasons or so. So here's my list of what I like:
-character development
-getting some background info on the characters
-realistic depiction of the situations and all the nuances involved
-comedic moments (Taub and Kutner, the window getting smashed...)
-great, smart writing - I love the off-hand allusions to random stuff
-and a lot more, but I'll leave it at that for now
lnw75 - TAUB BUYING COKE was the freaking most HILARIOUS thing ever! XD
Ha ha, yeah, he was like, "I'd like to buy some coke please."

AHAHAHAHA
hơn một năm qua cocacola said…
Personally, I loved the patients this season. I thought all of their storylines and problems to be truly interesting. I may sound biased but I'm loving the huddy arc. Now most of you may think of me as biased but to tell the truth, I could care less about the shipping, but its the way they portray House and Cuddy during it that just makes snicker the whole way through the episode. I mean just think about it, you have two grown adults who like eachother but they go about their relationship like a bunch of teenagers! And especially in Let them Eat Cake with the whole office fiasco I was literally laughing my ass off. When kids act like that the most they can do is maybe damage some homework or trash a locker, but no, here we have two adults in possessions of power with a lot of tools to use in their plots. Where a teenager could trash a friend's locker, Cuddy can take away all the furniture in House's office. Where a teenager can doodle all over their friend's homework, House can replace Cuddy's toilet with a Bidet. And last but not least, where a teenager can buy their friend a cookie at lunch to apologize for their pranks, House can get Cuddy her old desk from Medical School.
Great responses guys! Taub buying cocaine will always be one of the funniest scenes ever for me! Thirteen trying not to laugh in th backgtound made it even funnier!

Its so cool to see that we all have liked similar things!

I also loved PI Lucas' interaction with House. It was cool to see House interact with another male as a friend, even if he was paying him! LOL!

{small break from positivity: @ amberRocks: I have said to you many, many times that I love criticism. In your forum, however you state, "P.I Lukas was ugly and completely unnessecery!" That is not criticism, that is your opinion on your perception of Michael Westons appearance.
Also, in your forum, your forum, you give a list of things that you don't like, but NOWHERE do you mention things that you like NOR do you say "tell me what you like about season 5".
So I set this up so that people could about what they like in this forum, and I even provided a link to your forum. You do not have the monopoly on forum topics. You may have thought of the "NOT GOOD" forum first, but I have opened a "GOOD" forum, therefore they are opposites.
This is the second time that you have belittled my attempts to do something positive and that really sucks. But you have the right to your opinion. I have the right not to listen to it.
If that sounds mean to some people, I'm sorry to them. But I tried the nice way, several times and that didn't work.
I tried the tough-love way, several times and that didn't work.
I'm done being nice about things that annoy me. I'm sick of coming on here and being told how much my favourite show sucks even in the shows own spot and I'm sick of feeling like an asshole because I want to talk positively about a show.}

I AM REALLY SORRY about that break from the positivity that you guys have brought to this forum! I broke my own guideline! :(
It was just important to me that I acknowledge the things that I like about the show, just as it is equally important to assess what we don't like about the show. I actually think it is a good thing to have 2 separate forums for this.
Then again, I may be wrong. I have been told before that no one is interested in my attempts at positivity...
hơn một năm qua babybell said…
hahahaha
missy i think im going to use the right not to listen to aRs opinion ;)
hơn một năm qua oldmovie said…
Missy, you just totally raped aR!
Sorry I'm still dead about a certain spoiler and cant really form thoughts.
hơn một năm qua TheHiddenCane said…
Thank you! I've gotten into this issue before and it's nice to see that other people feel that way too... this IS a fanspot after all and we have the right to be fans!

I'm all for positivity and I absolutely loved Birthmarks and the Huddy arc.
opinions are always good for as long as you remember yours aren't the only ones out there.
I read that spoiler too oldmovie!!! :)
And don't worry missy everything is good!Positivety rules!!!
random question:Am I allowed to call you missy or it is just your thing?
hơn một năm qua DoctorIsIn said…
misanthrope

Why wasn't I a fan of you from the beginning???

I agree with everything you've said. :D

What I've enjoyed from season 5:

The POTW's (particularly Jason and Agoraphobe)
More Cuddy screentime (She was brilliant in Joy, The Itch, and Joy to the World...)
More HUDDY (obvious...)
Character development: Seriously...We know so much more about 13 now, more about Cameron and Chase, more about Taub and Kutner...And Hopefully we'll know a lot more about Cuddy. Seems to me like we're on that path.
Terrific one liners...from all the cast members!

Season 5, to me, has been great so far. As long as i'm waiting in agony for the next episode, all is well with House.
hơn một năm qua EverybodyLies said…
I LOVE SEASON FIVE IN GENERAL.
Love the new team, everything about them.
Love Kutner and Taub, particularly. They are THE BEST.
LOVE HUDDY, PERIOD.
Love Wilson and how he can see right through Cuddy and House.
I just...absolutely adore this show.
Anyone can call me Missy if they want to!

I agree DoctorIsIn! There has been soooooooo much character development for pretty much every character this season, which has been great for me to watch.

I have also loved how we have been in heaps of new locations. Like, when they treated a patient in his own house, and in 'Last Resort' we were taken to a different part of the hospital. And House and PI Lucas went on a couple of outside-the-hospital adventures too!
hơn một năm qua Belle0308 said…
Wow, I could go on forever.
I am not a young person and yes, I think my age taints my perspective a lot. When you turn 40, you start to honestly see things differently. If we don't change as people, what are we doing with our lives? Want it or not, change happens.

The first several years, I didn't really "get" Foreman. When he admitted he was afraid of turning into House, I understood for the first time, now I really enjoy his character. This year his compassion for 13 has won me over.

Chase and Cameron: When he tells her that she has never cleared out a drawer for him and he can't keep chasing her, I wanted to high five the guy. They moved them beyond bed partners to people with a real relationship.

Taub and Kutner have developed more and I now look forward to seeing them instead of pretending they aren't in a scene because I am wishing that the original three were there instead.

Wilson and House had a major friendship issue, that ended with them understanding each other more and seeing how much they needed each other.

Cuddy and House is a whole page worth of comments to me so I will just say that I think they are portraying what happens when you get older and face a future without the companionship that you crave and with the person you don't want to admit that you want.
LMAO, oldmovie! & Belle *above*, I love you. Completely.

Edit: Oh. My. GOSH! I went to look at a few 'recent' threads on this forum and I'd like to say that I am not a happy person right now. Like misanthrope said, criticism is perfectly OK, even refreshing at times but what I completely fail to understand is why we must make so many threads to point out all the faults of the show? I know I'm going to get a shitload of comments - 'Critique is good', 'Good lord, can't you take a few comments, no, paragraphs of fault-finding?' - but to hell with that. I don't care if a certain someone wants to mouth off House M.D., let out a few fumes, I don't. Fucking. Care. Just, go on, write an article and make the title clear so I know to keep AWAY from that. But please refrain from posting your judgements in a thread that's supposed to be fun (see: positive) and turn that into a nasty, depressing thread that keep shoving themselves into my face. I'm sick, these people are ruining my fun. I know I seem like a HUGE hypocrite, because after all, I am somewhat polluting THIS thread too -- and I'm sorry. It's wrong of me to thrust this into a perfectly nice thread.

Edit Edit: Oh, and this not specifically directed at the opposing thread. Because at least there you know what to freaking expect!
hơn một năm qua HuddyCrazy1331 said…
I LUV SEASON 5 AND IM PROUD OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly, me too!
There are SO many reasons I luv this season, all of them are already listed!!!! This season is funny and emotional!!!! It has almost everything!!!!!!!!!
Its ok rainbowedlife. I have had many a mental breakdown at some of the negative things people post. I personally don't think there has ever been any critiquing around here, just people yelling "I DON'T LIKE THIS!" So I understand your anger. :)
hơn một năm qua love_not_war_75 said…
I'm back with more reasons
-I cried during joy (Yes, don't laugh guys can cry to)
-I love how thirteen introduces house to patients
-Jason was awesome
I would never laugh at that lnw. I am completely aware that guys are as capable of crying as girls. I've seen it first-hand.
On a side-note, I cried during Joy AND Let Them Eat Cake!!!!!
hơn một năm qua pure_rebellion said…
Yup me too
hehe
I like this season xD

altough i also understand why some people dont
Yeah, so do I. But hey! There have to be ups and downs right?
Aww, I love it when guys get teary eyed... But not like, always, just occasionally, lmao.

I think I liked every single episode so far -- except Emancipation, I hated the patient, don't know why. ^^
hơn một năm qua exodia2370 said…
Hey Misanthrope86, you're not alone on the positivity vein. Go positivity! :)

I also like 13 more now that it looks like she'll be happier and less destructive. Before, I just wasn't sure what to think of her.

Taub, I've always liked - I crack up every time I see him b/c of a commercial I saw for the Starter Wife where he's flashing Debra Messing. And my brother still cracks up every time Kutner comes on b/c he really likes the Harold and Kumar films.
I never hated Taub, but until just recently I felt him as just there. Now, he is a vital part to House MD!!! I LUVIES TAUB!!!!! XD
hơn một năm qua Fabouluz said…
Taub has been put in the funniest scenes this season, I love him and next ep I cnt w8 to see him shout at House!! XD

xoxo