Fable Fable II general discussion

harold posted on Dec 17, 2008 at 08:55PM
OK, so much to my surprise, I find myself the owner of an X-Box 360 and a copy of Fable II, and have been playing it a LOT recently. So I figured I'd start an open discussion thread where people can post questions, share experiences and the like.

Fable 10 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua harold said…
I've got a question. Keep in mind that I never played the first game and haven't played much of the main quest of Fable II. When you get knocked out in combat, you get scarred. Is there any way short of starting a new game to remove/heal those scars? The in-game tips frequently mention "cosmetic surgery", but as far as I can see (and imagine) that's just a joke.
Oh, I've got two other questions which are related to each other. When you eat fatty foods (cheese, any kind of meat, etc), you gain fat. This is fine except that you run a lot slower, which makes the travel from place to place rather interminable. First question: does the travel time between locations reflect how much slower you move when you're fat? That is, does it take more in-game hours to move from Bowerstone to Rockridge, for instance, if you are 30% fat as opposed to 5% fat? Just curious.

Second question: is eating celery really the only way to lose fat in the game?
I also have to say that the scarring system is awesome: another innovation that makes the game stand out from others, much like the no-armor thing. By now players are unfazed at the idea of death in an RPG, but boy oh boy are people upset when their characters get scarred! Brilliant.
OK, another "Sims"-type question: is there a way to renovate a house beyond buying new furniture? I haven't gone very far in the game, but most of the houses I own in Bowerstone Market have peeling wallpaper and the like. I figure if I could repaint/re-paper them I could bring the rents up a bit. Any way I can renovate the houses?
Disappearing people: I bought a house in Old Town and kept it for myself, and the former occupant seems to have vanished from the game. I only noticed because my character had been courting that NPC for a while, with the intention of marriage in the future. I'm a bit disappointed now, but I'm also curious about this.

Is that actually a way to remove people from the game - buy their homes? Is this something that others have experienced?
hơn một năm qua knifewrench said…
Wow, I've been away from this spot for a long time :S

I haven't really bought anything in Old Town so I can't answer that one.

The reason behind not having any armour, is to add individuality. If there was one set of clothes that was better for combat than the others, then everyone would be wearing it.

There is armour in the Knothole DLC, but it doesn't protect you more than standard clothing. It does however, look very awesome.

You can lose weight by eating "Fat -X" food and by consuming weight-loss potions found in the previously mentioned DLC.

The DLC seems to be doing quite a bit of cop-out work, because there's also a scar-removing potion and

HUGE SPOILER

You can resurrect your dog if he got killed at the end of the main story.
last edited hơn một năm qua
So...how many freaking Lucien dolls have you collected in your game(s) before winning first prize in the Westcliff Shooting Range?

I've spent more time at this one mini-game than practically the entire rest of the game (I've played it through 3 times now), and I still haven't been able to get past 172. If I have a single Lucien doll, I've got 50...or more. People seem to not have as much difficulty with this as I do, but there's an huge element of luck to it - getting the same target to pop up repeatedly has to happen a lot on all three rounds in order to get 20 or more headshots (necessary to get at least one nineteen and two twenties in order to get 175). I have yet to get enough targets popping up in a row in all three rounds. So, how many Lucien dolls?

There are two other items in the main game that seem comparably difficult: getting the free "Bounty Hunter" title (I've spent at least 10 hours worth of bounty hunter missions, and I still haven't got it), and winning any real amount of money in the gambling games (especially Spinnerbox, which involves NO skill at all).
By the way: yes, eating celery is the only way to lose weight in the original game, and yes, buying property (or evicting tenants) is a way of eliminating NPCs from the game, as sure as sacrificing them or even getting them to follow you and then abandoning them in another region. All four of those methods make it so you'll never see that NPC again.
Final comment on my own comment: scars are removed if you are pure enough for a long enough period. Absolute purity heals scars, much as removing enough will abilities (and remaining without them) will eventually make the creepy blue lines disappear from your body.
hơn một năm qua knifewrench said…
I gave up with the shooting range. My character was levelled in "skill" to the max and I still failed miserably.

Second DLC pack has been announced and is found here link
It looks really good; however I've just got my computer devirused so I'll probably wait a while to upload the images and links of it, got a lot of stuff to catch up on :S