Doctor Who River Song is 600 years old!

Corjein posted on Jun 19, 2011 at 02:20PM
Ok, In "A Good Man Goes to War" we find out that River is Amy and Rory's daughter, and that she is also part Timelord.

In a recent survey, I asked if all you whovians thought they should replace River in the next season, mainly cause I think she's old. Xleeloo said that at some point he can see them replacing River's Actress because "And since River is a Time lady, she may have to regenerate at some point..."

Honestly that thought never occured to me. I though that River had regenerated as a child but that was the only time. I never thought that the River we all know and love might only be the last River regeneration that ever exists. I never thought that we could have many River actresses to come. I mean Alex Kingston is 48, but who's to say that she's not portraying a 600 year old Timelord?

Doctor Who 14 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua lildarlin99 said…
hmm interesting well i like river now and i really dont care too much about her cus iv seen her a few times so thats that
hơn một năm qua lakota_spirit said…
I thought the same thing, maybe no more new companions just lots of different Rivers?
hơn một năm qua timeandfate said…
Well... River Song is one of my favourite characters and I think Alex Kingston is a cool actress but, if they want River to regenerate, we can't do nothing more than wait and see it (if they let us)
hơn một năm qua Corjein said…
It seems like Russel T. Davies was adamant about making sure we knew the doctor was lonely. It would be great to give him a period in his life where he could count on a companion to grow old with. River Really is and interesting character! I am hoping for many regenerations!
hơn một năm qua timeandfate said…
@Corjein, I agree with you, it would be cool to see more about River
hơn một năm qua ddtd said…
Nice idea, but the problem with it is that Alex Kingston can't regenerate because she played River song when she died in Forest of the Dead.

Now that doesn't mean the character can't regenerate a bunch of times until she becomes Alex Kingston's version.
hơn một năm qua JustPlainEric said…
Also, as we learned in "Let's Kill Hitler" she gave all of her remaining regenerations to The Doctor, thus, she cannot regenerate again.
hơn một năm qua ac01003029 said…
smile
correct justplaineric but science fiction has endless possablities maybe moffat may make river regenerate and not die at the librarylink
hơn một năm qua Ahthen said…
hmmm
How is River a Time Lady? she'd need to be born of the Loom and she wasn't... sorry confused how people think this is possible.
hơn một năm qua no1drwhofan said…
She had exposure to the Time Vortex. I don't know. I think the whole business is a bit stupid, to be honest. Silly Steven!!!!!!!!!!!!
So did Rose, and that didn't make her a time lady...

Donna had to do what was that a two way bio metric something... (word escapes me)

sammy_samsterdw commented…
in a way it did remember in the episode where she looks in the vortex she saids to the doctor "i see all that is and ever could be" and the doctor đã đưa ý kiến "thats how i feel" and then he had to remove it from her cause she was not born with it but river was "made" on the tardis so yeah. and that thing with donna i think that was another way to do it hơn một năm qua
Ahthen commented…
Still doesn't make a lick of sense, Rose wasn't a time Lady she was Time itself and donna was an issue cause she was a time lord with a Human brain. River was born of Human parents, to even create a Time lord with though birth one parents needs to be a Time Lord. Such as Ulysses and Penelope. hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua Corjein said…
Well it had to do with her being conceived in the time vortex... not just flying through like everyone else does in the TARDIS.
Who knows... The TARDIS herself could have thrown some Time Lord DNA in there, just to give her thief a companion.
Also, it's true that we saw River use up all of her regenerations on The Doctor, but as ac01003029 said... the possibilities in sci-fi are endless. Remember, history can be rewritten or maybe even unwritten.
But the thing is the only time I remeber amy and Rory having relations was outside of the tardis so idk it still makes no sense to me.

DAMN YOU MOFAT YOU MADE A NEW TWILIGHT!!!
HelloThereBud commented…
They made Melody in the night when they got married(the last episode of season 5), so it makes sense..I think. hơn một năm qua
Ahthen commented…
not really, I'm pretty sure there honeymoon wasn't in the Tardis. hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua kyera said…
When River killed the Doctor, she gave him all of her future regenerations so that he wouldn't actually die. So unfortunately, unless they change facts that have already occurred - it won't happen. She was little Melody Pond, regenerated into Amy's childhood friend, then River.