thảo luận Violent Passages in Holy sách

Cinders posted on Mar 05, 2008 at 08:18PM
When someone advocates that Islam is a peaceful religion, some anti-islamic person who believes he is educated comes in and says *puts on deep stupid voice* "Well, but this passage advocates for killing people who don't convert and blah blah blah."

What these folks fail to realize, and it grinds me every time, is that the Bible and the Torah are equally violent. 90% of the old testament advocates killing someone for some minor transgression. But you don't see your average Christian going around killing people, do you?

That's what pisses me off about these so-called "educated" people screaming that Islam isn't really a peaceful religion.

Sorry-- facebook idiots got me pissed off.
last edited on Mar 06, 2008 at 03:02AM

thảo luận 5 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua dazl said…
I like violent bits in holy books. At least it shows that people back then were every bit as fucked up as we are today.
hơn một năm qua Zerstoren said…
Theres educated then theres students with egos and a dislike for that whole "Fact-checking" thing.

The only attention is given to extremists and so people simply take in all this information don't stop to consider theres something more to the world than whats on the News.

My family constantly makes ignorant comments about "Muslims" and it really just gets on my nerves, because they don't want to hear that they're just people like them, and the extremists are separate
last edited hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua DrDevience said…
What they both said ;>
hơn một năm qua Cinders said…
This still irks me, because I still hear the word "Muslim" hurled as an insult.
hơn một năm qua amazondebs said…
what are we debating though here cinders?