Alex Pettyfer & Jake Abel I am number four review(Alex&Jake)

stephanie26 posted on Feb 10, 2011 at 03:43PM
Am Number Four review
So, I got to see I Am Number Four early, and for free (plus free snacks!), which was awesome.

Overall, I thought the movie was pretty good, a little predictable but enjoyable and cute.

While I was watching it, it reminded a bit of the early seasons of Smallville, which makes sense because Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, two of the writers/producers of Smallville, wrote the screenplay, along with Marti Noxon, one of the writers/producers of Buffy.

Some of the better parts of the movie (without spoiling it):

•Alex Pettyfer shirtless for the majority of the time
•Dianna Agron being pretty and a pretty good actress
•Teresa Palmer playing a BAMF/HBIC
•Jake Abel randomly showing up as a high school kid
•An adorable beagle
•A pretty menacing bad guy played by Kevin Durand, (who was Martin Keamy on Lost, Fred Dukes/The Blob in X-Men Origins, and Joshua on Dark Angel).
•Some great action scenes/special effects
•Lovely camerawork
•A rocking soundtrack
So if you like sci fi/action/romance, check it out!

I plan on getting the book and reading it since I liked the storyline. And be prepared, there’s a second book coming out this August, and most likely another movie in the near future.

Alex Pettyfer & Jake Abel 4 các câu trả lời

Click here to write a response...
hơn một năm qua stephanie26 said…
hmmm
FrosokenMoon19, what do you think what "Jake Abel randomly showing up as a high school kid" means from this film reviewer? Does "randomly" mean "occasionally" to you?
last edited hơn một năm qua
hơn một năm qua ForsakenMoon19 said…
wink
This is one person's opinion but I think it sounds like Jake is in it quite a bit. This is also coming from someone unfamiliar with the book or the characters and their purposes. So I wouldn't make anything of it, we're fans of the book so we'll totally see things different than this person. I've heard nothing but good things about this movie, just hope they portray John's connections with Mark, Sarah and Sam correctly!! That's what drew me in about the book aside from it having alot of action and romance, I loved how it was about his complicated relationships with 3 different people. These are the only humans in the world who know and accept the REAL John, that's what I loved most about the book. Just hope DJ Caruso did these connections justice otherwise I will be a very disappointed fan:(
hơn một năm qua stephanie26 said…
wink
No, DJ Caruso can't do this to the devoted fans of the book, like you:)
hơn một năm qua ForsakenMoon19 said…
worried
No he better not or I will be crushed!! The whole point of this story wasn't just about John not fitting in and his destiny, but finally having strong connections with people who actually care about him. John has lived his entire life on the run, no friends or real family and Sarah, Mark and Sam became exactly that to him. These people give him a reason to fight and stay on earth after the wars!!! No matter what John will have with the remaining 5 aliens, they won't be able to compare to that bond he has with his human friends!!! Another thing that pisses me off is how Six is portrayed in the film, seems like Caruso spent more time on that uninteresting character than maybe Mark and Sam!! That bugs me becuz she's not as important as they are, being one of the 6 remaining aliens doesn't make her more important!! This series has that element but its about John's journey with his human friends!!!
last edited hơn một năm qua